Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

MOVIE PAUSE & RESTART On Demand (X1)

Contributor

MOVIE PAUSE & RESTART On Demand (X1)

We are watching a rental movie on demand and have had this problem before and it is so frustrating.  I  am hoping  that if Comcast could reiterate exactly how to put a movie on pause,  if it is time limited , and what you push to take it out of pause but want it to begin where we left it at the time in the movie that we hit pause.  It does not seem (on demand) 

to understand the commands?   Please explain for a layperson as we are tired of renting a movie that will not let us pause and begin again unless it restarts at the beginning of the movie.  Great who wants to dewar have the same part of a movie over and over.  I also read recently that people that are on Fios Verizon are complaining about the same issue?

No fix there either.  Just ignoring requests.  Please do not pick up Fios habits rather try to fix this problem.

Help us fix this problem before it is needed to bring in the government agencies that oversee what the company's are doing ( Comcast, Verizon Fios and many others) regarding response to paying customers that seem to be ignored.  Not responding is the worst thing any of you can do.  If it is happening on multiple choices of Company's so perhaps it may be necessary to look at this as a problem that is not just one company problem.  

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: MOVIE PAUSE & RESTART

minoiafamily wrote:

This just happened with Man of Steel THREE times. I rented it, paused it, it timed out. Then it had no option to resume, so I rented again, got confused when it restarted and exited. I have rented it for the third time, and am expecting to not get charged 3 times for this. If so, there will be a problem. 

instead of pausing it and then it times out, press exit and then use 'last' to restart. Does that work?

All Replies
Official Employee

6Barnbarn wrote:

We are watching a rental movie on demand and have had this problem before and it is so frustrating.  I  am hoping  that if Comcast could reiterate exactly how to put a movie on pause,  if it is time limited , and what you push to take it out of pause but want it to begin where we left it at the time in the movie that we hit pause.  It does not seem (on demand) 

to understand the commands?   Please explain for a layperson as we are tired of renting a movie that will not let us pause and begin again unless it restarts at the beginning of the movie.  Great who wants to dewar have the same part of a movie over and over.  I also read recently that people that are on Fios Verizon are complaining about the same issue?

No fix there either.  Just ignoring requests.  Please do not pick up Fios habits rather try to fix this problem.

Help us fix this problem before it is needed to bring in the government agencies that oversee what the company's are doing ( Comcast, Verizon Fios and many others) regarding response to paying customers that seem to be ignored.  Not responding is the worst thing any of you can do.  If it is happening on multiple choices of Company's so perhaps it may be necessary to look at this as a problem that is not just one company problem.  

Apologies for any confusion. On the X1 platform (which is what you are on), to pause an On Demand movie, press the Pause button near the top of the remote control. Depending on the remote control type that you have, you can press that same button again (Pause) to resume or press the Play button which is adjacent to the Pause button on some remotes.

If the movie is paused for too long, it will "time out" and can be retrieved from going to the Saved section. To get there, press the red Xfinity button, the arrow over to Saved, press OK.  Select For You, then arrow down to Recently Watched. 

Choose your selection, then Press OK. There are on-screen choices here to Resume or Restart. Resume will pick up from where you last paused. Restart will start the movie over from the beginning.

I hope that helps.   

This link also may be helpful: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-on-demand-menu-resume-watching-a-program

New Poster

I have the same issue as the others.  I rented a movie on demand, paused it, it went off pause and I cannot resume where left off.  I went to "Saved", "For You", and selected the movie that I was watching.  Nowhere is there a "resume" button.  The only choice is to rent again.  This happened twice and I expect to not see duplicate charges for the same movie rental.  I hope this issue is resolved soon because I am ready to cancel my account.  FYI Comcast Employees... as customers are getting fed up and leaving, demand for employees will dwindle and call centers shall start to close = you will be out of a Comcast job.  I hope you care!

New Poster

Ditto! Ditto, ditto, ditto. This is exactly what I am seeing. And we also do not expect to be billed multiple times. 

Official Employee

All - I heard back from our X1 team that this described behavior is a recent known bug that is scheduled to be resolved shortly.

Customers are not expected to be double charged, even if you selected Rent again for the same title.

I should have a better update on resolution timing later today.

Apologies again and thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee

Hi,

Do you have an example  (title) of a movie that you experienced this with?

Thanks!

Gwen

Official Employee

Is anyone in this thread still experiencing this issue? Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

This just happened to me. Movie rented is not in recently watched and can't resume. Now what?
Expert

Gilbert6364 wrote:
This just happened to me. Movie rented is not in recently watched and can't resume. Now what?

I believe that he wanted the title of the on-demand video.

New Poster

Resuming a rented movie

How do I resume a rented movie? I paused it and it timed out. When I went to resume play, it will not give me a play or resume option and only allows me to re-rent the movie even though it shows that I have not seen the movie in its entirety and has not been over 48 hours. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Resuming a rented movie

This same thing happened to me a year or two ago, and I had to call the customer service number. They resolved it right away.

Good luck!

New Poster

Yes I just had this problem with "the nice guys". Rented it and got about halfway through and had to pause it. Then came back and it was off. No where could I resume it. Everyplace I went to find the movie said rent. I just had to rent it again. Then had to fast forward through the movie to get to where I left off. Bonus fault...I kept reading this thread while it forwarded because it was taking awhile and I missed it and it went to the end of the movie. Had to rent a third time. This by no means is a new problem of comcast. I doubt it will be fixed because they have had plenty of time to fix it.

Official Employee

JTAtkins85 wrote:
Yes I just had this problem with "the nice guys". Rented it and got about halfway through and had to pause it. Then came back and it was off. No where could I resume it. Everyplace I went to find the movie said rent. I just had to rent it again. Then had to fast forward through the movie to get to where I left off. Bonus fault...I kept reading this thread while it forwarded because it was taking awhile and I missed it and it went to the end of the movie. Had to rent a third time. This by no means is a new problem of comcast...being a recent bug is a crock of $#it. I doubt it will be fixed because they have had plenty of time to fix it.

Thanks for providing the movie title where you had this issue. Our X1 team is reviewing this specific example now.  

New Poster

This problem has not been fixed. We have only had this issue for the last few months.  Usually if we hit the 'last' button a couple of times it will take us back to the video to begin, but this time it would not allow us to do so.  It is not in the Saved section either, so can only watch it one time, in one sitting or you have to go back and rent it again.

New Poster

Me and my daughter also had this same problem. We started watching "now you see me 2" and I can rewatch it on my phone, it won't allow me to screen mirror it to my tv due to Comcast security settings, and in no way shape or form can I watch it on my tv without rental. I will be watching my bill for the triple charge as my daughter will want to watch it when she gets home.
Frequent Visitor

Rented Independance day tonight,  paused it and cannot resume -  in recently watched and shows the progress button but will only let us "rent"  and not resume.  This is so fustrating,  it seems to have been a issue for a while-- when is it going to be fixed!!  

Regular Visitor

exact same issue watching Bad Moms.  Why is this so hard???  I did notice that some functions of DVR playback have changed in the last few days, perhaps this is a bug that has been reintroduced or not retested in an updated release?

New Poster

Yes, I am having this problem right now. I can't go back to movie unless I purchase it again. I tried going to purchases, last played, for you, and each time it asks me to rent it again. I would really like to be credited for my movie since I can't access it now. The title is Anthropoid
New Poster

Re: Resuming a rented movie

This has happened to me twice!

New Poster

But did they try to charge you three times for the same movie?

Regular Visitor

I had an issue last night as reported here.  When I went to bed I unplugged the cable box and waited a minute then replugged it in which I think reboots the machine.  Today I went back to check the movie and I do see the resume button.  If you have this issue try to power down/unplug and restart.  

New Poster

This just happened to me with Bad Mom's and I cannot resume after timing out.
New Poster

Does anyone from Comcast monitor this form? This thread is 6 months old, but no one from Comcast can provide an answer?!?
Expert

This is mainly a user-to-user forum.

There are other threads in this forum about this issue.  Try the forum search tool.

New Poster

To resurrect this thread - the resume option is STILL not there. 
It seems that this particular issue has been going on for at least a year. 
I do sincerely hope that I do not get charged a second time for the movie I rented. 
I tried to get the support chat going and it would not start, either. 

Please do not offer any placations and tell me if it's a genuine issue and what to do to work around it. I really would be dissatisfied if I had to contact customer support to dispute my bill each time I wanted to rent a movie. 

Official Employee

storyteller164 wrote:

To resurrect this thread - the resume option is STILL not there. 
It seems that this particular issue has been going on for at least a year. 
I do sincerely hope that I do not get charged a second time for the movie I rented. 
I tried to get the support chat going and it would not start, either. 

Please do not offer any placations and tell me if it's a genuine issue and what to do to work around it. I really would be dissatisfied if I had to contact customer support to dispute my bill each time I wanted to rent a movie. 

Apologies. Can you post a photo of what you are seeing? What titles, what networks? Thanks! 

Regular Visitor

Problem still happening for me as well. Two of the recent movies it occurred on was A Cure For Wellness and Arrival.
New Poster

This just happened to me tonight as well, we rented Lego Batman and it wouldn't let us restart after the pause timed out, it showed under saved programs but wouldn't let us restart, only gave us the choice to rent it again and start it over.

Official Employee

gsipruitt wrote:
Problem still happening for me as well. Two of the recent movies it occurred on was A Cure For Wellness and Arrival.

Apologies for the issue and the experience. Thanks for providing the titles above, that will help to track down and correct.

I have asked our On Demand team to review and provide an update. I will share that update once I have that information. Thanks for you patience. 

Official Employee

Cmplumley wrote:

This just happened to me tonight as well, we rented Lego Batman and it wouldn't let us restart after the pause timed out, it showed under saved programs but wouldn't let us restart, only gave us the choice to rent it again and start it over.

Apologies for the issue and the experience. Thanks for providing the title, that will help to track down and correct.

I have asked our On Demand team to review and provide an update. I will share that update once I have that information. Thanks for you patience.

New Poster

I am having this issue with Star Wars Rouge One.  Renting again...I hope I do not need to call...

Official Employee

quinterorobin wrote:

I am having this issue with Star Wars Rouge One.  Renting again...I hope I do not need to call...

Apologies for the issue and the experience. Thanks for providing the title, that will help to track down and correct.

New Poster

This just happened with Man of Steel THREE times. I rented it, paused it, it timed out. Then it had no option to resume, so I rented again, got confused when it restarted and exited. I have rented it for the third time, and am expecting to not get charged 3 times for this. If so, there will be a problem. 

Expert

minoiafamily wrote:

instead of pausing it and then it times out, press exit and then use 'last' to restart. Does that work?

Silver Problem Solver

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I'm pretty sure a system refresh fixes this. At least temporarily until you pause it for another long period. Until then just ... don't pause for long periods. Instead exit.

Official Employee

Hello all, and thank you for reaching out with this issue. That is a problem when doing a long timed pause. The best solution to this, not timing out, would be to exit the movie and using the last button to resume. 

New Poster

Same here, long pause, and I have to rent again. The movie is The Trip to Spain.
Expert
Moved:

Re: MOVIE PAUSE & RESTART On Demand (X1)