Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Live tv won't rewind properly

New Poster

Live tv won't rewind properly

This has been happening for a few months. I'm watching live tv, then I want to rewind a few mins, so I press rewind but it doesn't rewind. Then if I press rewind again it will only rewind back to the point where I was when I pressed rewind the first time. Happens on all boxes, the main and companion boxes.
Service Expert

Re: Live tv won't rewind properly

KnitMeg wrote:
This has been happening for a few months. I'm watching live tv, then I want to rewind a few mins, so I press rewind but it doesn't rewind. Then if I press rewind again it will only rewind back to the point where I was when I pressed rewind the first time. Happens on all boxes, the main and companion boxes.

Let's try a test on the main (DVR) first as they all do have the Time Shift Buffer. While watching live TV (for example TVLand, press the pause button on the remote. The image and sound should pause. After a minute or so (to build up the buffer) press the play button. Does the play start from the paused picture? or does the screen say 'live' when you hit the play button? (note that the play and pause are the same button and that the tests should be made with the xfinity voice control remote)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same issue in my master bedroom DVR.  I've called Comcast and have had my box replaced, but the issue is still there.  Is there a fix for this?

Service Expert

Biddly1 wrote:

I'm having the same issue in my master bedroom DVR.  I've called Comcast and have had my box replaced, but the issue is still there.  Is there a fix for this?

would you do the procedure in the post just before your post and reply with the result?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have had the same issue for about 2 months. Yes, I have tried the test noted in one of the replies. Once I try it once...or simply hit the info button....it works correctly, but only back to the point where I made my first attempt. I have developed the habit of hitting the info button after I turn on the TV just so I can use rewind later if I want to.
New Poster

I have the same issue. The TV has been on the same channel for a while, when I try to rewind, it won't. If I wait a bit and rewind it only goes back to the point I first tried.
Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with your rewind feature. In most cases there is a splitter connected to the equipment that you're having an issue with, removing the splitter can resolve your problem. Please test all of your equipment and see if you have the same problem on all of your cable boxes. If you have the same issue, we need to get a tech out to evaluate your system. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

If you have Xfinity internet, how can you remove the splitter? I also have 4 total TV's. There is no way around the splitter.
Official Employee

Butchljr  wrote: If you have Xfinity internet, how can you remove the splitter? I also have 4 total TV's. There is no way around the splitter.

Your modem should be connected to a wall outlet with no other cable equipment attached to it. Are you having issues on all 4 cable boxes? We may need to get a tech out to arrange your equipment better and remove the splitter for you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastAmir, are you saying, two lines should enter into my home. One for TV and One designated for the Xfinity Modem?

Because, the Tech that installed my bundle has several splitters in my attic. Just for clarification, the mention of Wall Outlet is

A/C power or Coxial connection?

New Poster

I also have the rewind issue, with no splitters.  The problem is that the buffer does not begin to store anything until it has been manually started by hitting pause or rewind (or info?).  This is a relatively new problem; undoubtably created by an "update". Also sometimes the rewind will show the time bar backing up, but when I hit play the program jumps to the realtime program.  If I try it repeatedly it will sometimes work, most times not. 

Service Expert

bojac327 wrote:

I also have the rewind issue, with no splitters.  The problem is that the buffer does not begin to store anything until it has been manually started by hitting pause or rewind (or info?).  This is a relatively new problem; undoubtably created by an "update". Also sometimes the rewind will show the time bar backing up, but when I hit play the program jumps to the realtime program.  If I try it repeatedly it will sometimes work, most times not. 

what is the device model number? I have 3 dvrs and one XG2 and only the XG2 does this once in a while (looks like I selected a new channel).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have one DVR and 2 little units labled XiD-P.  The same problem appears no matter which TV I try the rewind on.

New Poster

I just reset my box and it’s done now.
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation