Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Let me DISABLE the stupid sports ticker!!!

New Poster

Let me DISABLE the stupid sports ticker!!!

So, I'm a sports fan with an X1 DVR box.  So guess what I sometimes do with my DVR?  I RECORD GAMES SO I CAN WATCH THEM LATER.  Guess what completely freakin' RUINS the enjoyment of watching a game later?  If you see/hear the score before you can watch the recording. So over the years I've learned how not to accidentally see a score.  I don't talk to friends who like sports, I don't turn on ESPN, I don't pull up websites likely to list scores, and even leave my own cable box on Animal Planet by default.  (AP never mention sports scores.)  Guess what I CAN'T control???  The stupid news and sports info/ticker thing that comes up when I pause a recording on my X1 DVR.  I've done my best since I got X1 to NOT look at the danged thing.  But just now, and sadly not for the first time, it's completely ruined what I was sitting down to watch.  I'd just started watching a game I recorded yesterday, then I paused the DVR to go grab a something to eat. Then I walked back in the room and grabbed the remote. . . and in the briefest 1/4 second glance at the screen I SAW who won on the stupid ticker!  I'm SO ANGRY at the people at Comcast who put ZERO thought into this.  So Comcast, just in case I haven't made myself clear thus far, I NEED THE ABILITY TO DISABLE THE NEWS/INFO DISPLAY THAT COMES UP WHEN YOU A RECORDING IS PAUSED on XFINITY X1, OR AT LEAST I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THE CONTENT THAT'S DISPLAYED.  I just went through every setting in the box, again, and I see no way to turn the stupid thing OFF. 

Service Expert

Re: Let me DISABLE the stupid sports ticker!!!

Does turning off Notifications fix this?  I have never seen what you describe.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-text-messaging-notifications

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation