Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Keyowrd Search X1 DVR

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I just upgrade from Motorolla box to X1.  It doesn't seem to have the keyword search for finding shows to record. I used to be able to type Denmark or Alligator and get a list of shows with that in the description.  It was a very important feature to the DVR.  Am an missing something?  Is there a good work around for this?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 2 of 3

As far as I know, you can still search for shows by inputting the name using the number keypad but it's intuitive. Meaning if you want to input the word alligator, you'd input 255442867. Only once for each letter and all combinations that fit those numbers will show. However, also as far as I know, it will only show you those shows whose title matches, not the description. 

If if you have X1 Voice, however, you can ask to be shown genre shows. E.g. Activate voice and say "show me cooking shows" and a list of all cooking shows will appear whether the word is in the title or not. Just say "cooking" and all shows and movies regarding cooking will appear.

It seems manual search is limited to titles only and voice is limited to titles and genres, with very limited description searches. I've yet to be able to search by description.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3

Thank you.  Used that search a bunch and sorry to see it gone.