Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issues with DVR Shows Skipping

Regular Visitor

Issues with DVR Shows Skipping

I have been having issues with recorded shows for the past few months where when I am trying to watch something and the show will momentarily hang and then skip forward multiple seconds and sometimes even minutes. It is very similar to a DVD with a scratch on it that will freeze and then resume playing further down the road.

The issue happens whether I try to watch a show on my main DVR-connected TV, or the secondary TVs, or the XTV site, or the Xfinity Stream app. The only way I am able to watch shows without any issues is either live or via Xfinity On Demand (both of which I am unable to fast forward through).

I saw similar posts on these forums but never saw a clear solution. I have switched out my main DVR unit and the problem persists.

Tags (3)
Regular Visitor

Re: Issues with DVR Shows Skipping

Hi,

I have started having the same problem.  I have not replaced the DVR yet but hoping to find a fix here somewhere. 

Service Expert

Re: Issues with DVR Shows Skipping

Sure sounds like some kind of communication issue with the backend server/plant/whatever.  Comcast might not charge you to check the line from your residence back to the server.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation