Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Issues on some channels only

Contributor

Issues on some channels only

For about a week now I have been having Tiling, i believe its  called, picture scrambles ,Freezes,  on what seems to be certain channels and only in Hi Def. If I change to standard channels it is fine.They are usually in a sequence . Although when it first happened it seemed to be all sports related. NBCSN, ESPN Fox Sports. But this would only be on my TWO X1 boxes. I have a main and one in a bedroom. I have Three DTA's which are the HD versions , and it does not seem to effect them.

I was in my service center to exchange one of the DTA's and the Rep told me to just exchange the X1 boxes.  Does this sound like something that would just be an issue with the X1's. 

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Issues on some channels only

After Phone Tech tried an hour long Reset, We had a Tech come round. Came on a Saturday evening.Excellent . The Tech was Brilliant. She cut all the Splitters that had been there for a few years, replaced the conections with a Power Boost. Pic Attached. Replaced all the connections to the Boxes. She pointed out the cable I had to my gateway was very old(it was) and offered to replace it. I told her I could do that as I had thread it throug a couple of areas that would be a project. She advised me what to get . Next discovered my gateway was not responding correctly and she changed that out. Set up my new Wi Fi network and Split the Bandwidths. 2.4 and 5. I didnt know that could be done. wasnt told that when I got the Self Install Kit. Everything is working great. In fact my wife and Kids swear the picture on our Tv is clearer than before.

I would love to get a hold of some of those connectors.IMG_1641.JPGIMG_1642.JPG

All Replies
Official Employee

You should probably have a tech out to troubleshoot those channels further. Everything that can be checked remotely on your equipment looks good.

Everything comes in on different frequencies so the SD channel is coming in on a different frequency than the HD version (why one is clear and the other scrambled).

DTAs don’t need as clean or strong of signal that the X1 boxes need.

Contributor

After Phone Tech tried an hour long Reset, We had a Tech come round. Came on a Saturday evening.Excellent . The Tech was Brilliant. She cut all the Splitters that had been there for a few years, replaced the conections with a Power Boost. Pic Attached. Replaced all the connections to the Boxes. She pointed out the cable I had to my gateway was very old(it was) and offered to replace it. I told her I could do that as I had thread it throug a couple of areas that would be a project. She advised me what to get . Next discovered my gateway was not responding correctly and she changed that out. Set up my new Wi Fi network and Split the Bandwidths. 2.4 and 5. I didnt know that could be done. wasnt told that when I got the Self Install Kit. Everything is working great. In fact my wife and Kids swear the picture on our Tv is clearer than before.

I would love to get a hold of some of those connectors.IMG_1641.JPGIMG_1642.JPG