Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Issue regarding the XG1v4-A set-top box.

New Poster

Issue regarding the XG1v4-A set-top box.

I have tried installing this box myself twice now, but it continuously freezes whenever I reach the "Loading X1 apps on your TV" screen. I watched a video on YouTube where this guy plugged in his coaxial cable from the box into his modem. I have not tried this method yet, I have only tried plugging in my coaxial cable from the box into a splitter. Those of you who have this specific box, how did you establish connection with the coaxial cable? Did you plug it into your modem? Or did you plug it in to a splitter. I just want to try and resolve this issue before I have to send this back and get a different box because two Xfinity agents told me that the box may be defective.
Expert

Re: Issue regarding the XG1v4-A set-top box.

I have NO splitters in ANY of my two 4k boxes, X1 DVR, and two companion X1 boxes.

 

Splitters should not be used with the X1 system.

Official Employee

Re: Issue regarding the XG1v4-A set-top box.


@DDel323 wrote:
I have tried installing this box myself twice now, but it continuously freezes whenever I reach the "Loading X1 apps on your TV" screen. I watched a video on YouTube where this guy plugged in his coaxial cable from the box into his modem. I have not tried this method yet, I have only tried plugging in my coaxial cable from the box into a splitter. Those of you who have this specific box, how did you establish connection with the coaxial cable? Did you plug it into your modem? Or did you plug it in to a splitter. I just want to try and resolve this issue before I have to send this back and get a different box because two Xfinity agents told me that the box may be defective.

If you've gotten that far, it's hooked up right. But if it can't get any further it may be defective

Official Employee

Re: Issue regarding the XG1v4-A set-top box.


@RobertWy wrote:

I have NO splitters in ANY of my two 4k boxes, X1 DVR, and two companion X1 boxes.

 

Splitters should not be used with the X1 system.


That is absolutely not true.

Expert

Re: Issue regarding the XG1v4-A set-top box.


@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I have NO splitters in ANY of my two 4k boxes, X1 DVR, and two companion X1 boxes.

 

Splitters should not be used with the X1 system.


That is absolutely not true.


Well, I learned something AGAIN.  Thanks, Andrew.

Problem Solver

Re: Issue regarding the XG1v4-A set-top box.


@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I have NO splitters in ANY of my two 4k boxes, X1 DVR, and two companion X1 boxes.

 

Splitters should not be used with the X1 system.


That is absolutely not true.


I happen to have a (really good) splitter between my XG1V4 box and my SB8200, and last I checked they're working just fine. Smiley Happy


"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman