New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is This a Temporary loss..... ?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 34

When I click the left arrow on my Xfinity X1 remote ... I no longer see the control panel "Weather App"  ... this happened after my daily "Update" today... will it be coming back?  The app was so easy to use when checking the weather info ...  Smiley Sad

Thanks for any info....

33 REPLIES
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 34
Unplug and reboot your X1 box.

Yes there could be a server outage. One of the weather apps on my Android phone was not working earlier today but it is now working fine.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 34
I'm having the same issue. Rebooted no change. Left arrow just displays notifications.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 34

control panel has disappeared in Comcast Labs. How do I get it back?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 5 of 34
Looks like they changed the feature.

Hopefully they will update us.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 34

My brother still has it on his X1 box.  I guess it will come back one day.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 7 of 34

henry5117 wrote:

I'm still using XRE 1.75.06  (6/2/2017) and it's still there. What version are you using? Xfinity button > Click gear icon > About

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 8 of 34
Comcast has made countless changes to X1 that have not been identified by a change in version numbers however in this case the change appears to be part of 1.76.02.

Obviously they are heading in a different direction.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 34

I am using 1.76.02 (Jun14 2017) which I guess is the problem.  I guess they will be making more changes and it will come back.  Will probably give them a call.  Thanks for your help in letting me know about the version stuff.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 34

I am using 1.76.02 which I guess is the problem.  Will wait and see if the next change adds it back if not I will give them a call.

Thank You Very Much for Your Help

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 11 of 34

henry5117 wrote:

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 12 of 34

Hold the phone! I liked that feature of pressing the left button when watching TV and having the option to check weather and alerts and stuff. It was there yesterday and I just now noticed it's gone with only norifications now. Puhleeze bring it back.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 13 of 34
I have the same issue and today is 6/23. I don't see a respond from Xfinity. I guess they are moved it for some reason. It's no longer an option under the Lab settings.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 14 of 34

Hello henry5117, I have escalated your issue further to our engineering team so that they can look into this issue and make the appropriate changes in the next update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 15 of 34
Would the loss of the weather display when using the left arrow have anything to do with the loss of the control panel? If not then can you also escalate this issue?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 34

Same issue here. Caller ID works, but you cannot see past calls anymore. No weather or Notifications from Scroll Left.
Please fix.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 34
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 18 of 34

The Control Panel is being replaced by a Notification Center (still in progress) that has a release date still to be determined.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 19 of 34
So why get rid of it before the other panel is ready? Sounds like there is a lack of release controls by your programming staff. Being in the business for 35 years you don't get rid of something before the replacement is ready. Hopefully they did some customer focus groups prior to making this change and are not just winging it. Can they tell you if the weather function will be a part of the new notification center? That was the most useful part of the control panel. Now to get to the weather you have to drill down 3 levels. Not useful and you lose the channel image.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 20 of 34

EBernard wrote:
So why get rid of it before the other panel is ready? Sounds like there is a lack of release controls by your programming staff. Being in the business for 35 years you don't get rid of something before the replacement is ready. Hopefully they did some customer focus groups prior to making this change and are not just winging it. Can they tell you if the weather function will be a part of the new notification center? That was the most useful part of the control panel. Now to get to the weather you have to drill down 3 levels. Not useful and you lose the channel image.

Comcast Lab features come and go. Use the voice remote and say 'Weather app' (one button press)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 21 of 34

I really liked the full Control Panel, too. It was so easy to turn on Power Saver there! Please let engineering teams know we want it back.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 22 of 34

It's not obvious to me they're going in another direction. Maybe it's an unintended consequence of the update.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 23 of 34

The Control Panel was a tremendously useful feature that gathered the weather app, power saver, and a few other things. Our family used it frequently after discovering it listed under Comcast Labs. (Especially since we don't have the voice remote in one room.)

A simple Notification screen is not very useful. A combination customizable Control Panel with Notification Center would be great.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 24 of 34

Rustyben wrote:

EBernard wrote:

Comcast Lab features come and go. Use the voice remote and say 'Weather app' (one button press)

No it's a one button press then you say "weather app" as opposed to a one button press. This assumes you're in sync speaking when it's listening.Not a huuuge difference but more seps on a frequently used feature is not an improvement.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 25 of 34

Used to get current weather when I pressed the left arrow. Now all I get is a screen that says I have no notifications

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 26 of 34

Well known and widely discussed in this forum. Comcast has said they are in the process of changing the Control Panel feature.

Davidsalem wrote:

Used to get current weather when I pressed the left arrow. Now all I get is a screen that says I have no notifications

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 27 of 34

I still have 1.76.04 05/30/2017. I have been one of many upset by the removal of the call log and weather temp in the former notification control panel. I was surprised to find this thread because so much has been discussed under the Upcoming Updates thread and isn't this where this control panel discussion belongs?

As of perhaps yesterday or day before when I press left arrow I now get a help screen about the 'new' notification area. When I follow directions and  go to settings its the same as it has been and  I do not see anything about  call log or weather temp. The help screen indicates a special icon  to the left of the Guide button  that takes us to the notification area but its not there and there is nothing else mentioned about when this might show up or when the call log or weather would be restored. What can you tell me?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 28 of 34

What can we do to get Comcast to restore this feature?  My wife and I really miss this feature as it was very convenient.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 29 of 34
Comcast has said in other threads that they are in the process of changing the control panel feature.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 30 of 34

A new tab just showed up on my TV. When I go to the Xfinity button. On the left side there is an icon and when I click on it it opens a page about notifications. Is this new to anyone else? What is it for? (besides giving me notifications)

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 31 of 34

This has been previously discussed in this forum. Comcast is in the process of changing this feature.

WindsurfMaui wrote:

A new tab just showed up on my TV. When I go to the Xfinity button. On the left side there is an icon and when I click on it it opens a page about notifications. Is this new to anyone else? What is it for? (besides giving me notifications)

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 32 of 34

WindsurfMaui wrote:

They have issued an update to the notification system with XRE 1.76.04 which can be accessed from the menu. I am not sure yet if this will solve the issue I have with the notifications system discussed in my previous topic.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 33 of 34
It's released now but the point of this thread still stands as the notification center is not the same as a weather app which was more useful. Bring it and the b button back or just continue to ignore customers pleas (not you personally, comcast). This is like Microsoft which releases not ready for prime time software and use their customers as guinea pigs to improve the product later. Not a very good business plan.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 34 of 34

This thread start 2 months ago... So where is this 'new' control panel. Xfinity was finally doing some good with the call log when the left hand button on the remote control is pressed.

The left-hand button has been absolutely useless for 2+ months. I have not seen an ETA on the new features.

Ignoring the user community is not a good busines practice.

Xfinity forced us to pay more with X1. Cost of  X1 TV has gone up $10 just recently and for what?  The "free to me" is hardly the cost!

When will we get back the phone call log? How about a date instead a bland "they will update the control panel" or "You're all caught up..."

Yes.. we are caught up but xfinity is behind!