Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is This a Temporary loss..... ?

Contributor

Is This a Temporary loss..... ?

When I click the left arrow on my Xfinity X1 remote ... I no longer see the control panel "Weather App"  ... this happened after my daily "Update" today... will it be coming back?  The app was so easy to use when checking the weather info ...  Smiley Sad

Thanks for any info....

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Is This a Temporary loss..... ?

Unplug and reboot your X1 box.

Yes there could be a server outage. One of the weather apps on my Android phone was not working earlier today but it is now working fine.
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Rebooted no change. Left arrow just displays notifications.
Frequent Visitor

control panel has disappeared in Comcast Labs. How do I get it back?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: control panel has disappeared in Comcast Labs. How do I get it back?

Looks like they changed the feature.

Hopefully they will update us.
Frequent Visitor

My brother still has it on his X1 box.  I guess it will come back one day.

Valued Contributor

henry5117 wrote:

I'm still using XRE 1.75.06  (6/2/2017) and it's still there. What version are you using? Xfinity button > Click gear icon > About

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast has made countless changes to X1 that have not been identified by a change in version numbers however in this case the change appears to be part of 1.76.02.

Obviously they are heading in a different direction.
Frequent Visitor

I am using 1.76.02 (Jun14 2017) which I guess is the problem.  I guess they will be making more changes and it will come back.  Will probably give them a call.  Thanks for your help in letting me know about the version stuff.

Frequent Visitor

I am using 1.76.02 which I guess is the problem.  Will wait and see if the next change adds it back if not I will give them a call.

Thank You Very Much for Your Help

Service Expert

henry5117 wrote:

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Hold the phone! I liked that feature of pressing the left button when watching TV and having the option to check weather and alerts and stuff. It was there yesterday and I just now noticed it's gone with only norifications now. Puhleeze bring it back.

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue and today is 6/23. I don't see a respond from Xfinity. I guess they are moved it for some reason. It's no longer an option under the Lab settings.
Official Employee

Hello henry5117, I have escalated your issue further to our engineering team so that they can look into this issue and make the appropriate changes in the next update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

Would the loss of the weather display when using the left arrow have anything to do with the loss of the control panel? If not then can you also escalate this issue?
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. Caller ID works, but you cannot see past calls anymore. No weather or Notifications from Scroll Left.
Please fix.

Frequent Visitor

Thank You - ComcastAmir

Official Employee

The Control Panel is being replaced by a Notification Center (still in progress) that has a release date still to be determined.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

So why get rid of it before the other panel is ready? Sounds like there is a lack of release controls by your programming staff. Being in the business for 35 years you don't get rid of something before the replacement is ready. Hopefully they did some customer focus groups prior to making this change and are not just winging it. Can they tell you if the weather function will be a part of the new notification center? That was the most useful part of the control panel. Now to get to the weather you have to drill down 3 levels. Not useful and you lose the channel image.
Service Expert

EBernard wrote:
So why get rid of it before the other panel is ready? Sounds like there is a lack of release controls by your programming staff. Being in the business for 35 years you don't get rid of something before the replacement is ready. Hopefully they did some customer focus groups prior to making this change and are not just winging it. Can they tell you if the weather function will be a part of the new notification center? That was the most useful part of the control panel. Now to get to the weather you have to drill down 3 levels. Not useful and you lose the channel image.

Comcast Lab features come and go. Use the voice remote and say 'Weather app' (one button press)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I really liked the full Control Panel, too. It was so easy to turn on Power Saver there! Please let engineering teams know we want it back.

Regular Contributor

It's not obvious to me they're going in another direction. Maybe it's an unintended consequence of the update.

New Poster

The Control Panel was a tremendously useful feature that gathered the weather app, power saver, and a few other things. Our family used it frequently after discovering it listed under Comcast Labs. (Especially since we don't have the voice remote in one room.)

A simple Notification screen is not very useful. A combination customizable Control Panel with Notification Center would be great.

Regular Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

EBernard wrote:

Comcast Lab features come and go. Use the voice remote and say 'Weather app' (one button press)

No it's a one button press then you say "weather app" as opposed to a one button press. This assumes you're in sync speaking when it's listening.Not a huuuge difference but more seps on a frequently used feature is not an improvement.

New Poster

weather information disappeared from my left arrow on the remote

Used to get current weather when I pressed the left arrow. Now all I get is a screen that says I have no notifications

Gold Problem Solver

Re: weather information disappeared from my left arrow on the remote

Well known and widely discussed in this forum. Comcast has said they are in the process of changing the Control Panel feature.

Davidsalem wrote:

Used to get current weather when I pressed the left arrow. Now all I get is a screen that says I have no notifications

Most Valued Poster

I still have 1.76.04 05/30/2017. I have been one of many upset by the removal of the call log and weather temp in the former notification control panel. I was surprised to find this thread because so much has been discussed under the Upcoming Updates thread and isn't this where this control panel discussion belongs?

As of perhaps yesterday or day before when I press left arrow I now get a help screen about the 'new' notification area. When I follow directions and  go to settings its the same as it has been and  I do not see anything about  call log or weather temp. The help screen indicates a special icon  to the left of the Guide button  that takes us to the notification area but its not there and there is nothing else mentioned about when this might show up or when the call log or weather would be restored. What can you tell me?

Frequent Visitor

What can we do to get Comcast to restore this feature?  My wife and I really miss this feature as it was very convenient.

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast has said in other threads that they are in the process of changing the control panel feature.
Regular Contributor

New notification Tab

A new tab just showed up on my TV. When I go to the Xfinity button. On the left side there is an icon and when I click on it it opens a page about notifications. Is this new to anyone else? What is it for? (besides giving me notifications)

Gold Problem Solver

Re: New notification Tab

This has been previously discussed in this forum. Comcast is in the process of changing this feature.

WindsurfMaui wrote:

A new tab just showed up on my TV. When I go to the Xfinity button. On the left side there is an icon and when I click on it it opens a page about notifications. Is this new to anyone else? What is it for? (besides giving me notifications)

Valued Contributor

Re: New notification Tab

WindsurfMaui wrote:

They have issued an update to the notification system with XRE 1.76.04 which can be accessed from the menu. I am not sure yet if this will solve the issue I have with the notifications system discussed in my previous topic.

New Poster

It's released now but the point of this thread still stands as the notification center is not the same as a weather app which was more useful. Bring it and the b button back or just continue to ignore customers pleas (not you personally, comcast). This is like Microsoft which releases not ready for prime time software and use their customers as guinea pigs to improve the product later. Not a very good business plan.
Regular Visitor

This thread start 2 months ago... So where is this 'new' control panel. Xfinity was finally doing some good with the call log when the left hand button on the remote control is pressed.

The left-hand button has been absolutely useless for 2+ months. I have not seen an ETA on the new features.

Ignoring the user community is not a good busines practice.

Xfinity forced us to pay more with X1. Cost of  X1 TV has gone up $10 just recently and for what?  The "free to me" is hardly the cost!

When will we get back the phone call log? How about a date instead a bland "they will update the control panel" or "You're all caught up..."

Yes.. we are caught up but xfinity is behind!