Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Irritated. Brand new HD receiver not working

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7
We just had Comcast installed in our other living room. It’s about 15 feet away from the other living room where Comcast has been installed since 2014. Anyway, your technician came over on Sunday. He said he could install a receiver in the other living room that connects to this receiver using WIFI. Ok, great. It worked for the evening on Sunday, yesterday, and now nothing. The light on the box only flashes when I unplug/plug it back in. The TV is not recognizing that the box is plugged in via HDMI cord. I tried a different HDMI cord, nothing. The TV is brand new. Tried using a different HDMI slot, nothing. Plugged the box into a different outlet, nothing. Called tech support, they did several resets and said it’s not registering as being connected to HDMI on their end. I had an issue with my receiver in this living room that was eerily similar a few months ago. All of a sudden, the TV (a different TV than the one that is having this issue) would not recognize the receiver through HDMI cable. It kept saying nothing was connected. After a couple of days, while I was waiting on my tech appointment, it fixed itself somehow. I find it interesting the same thing is happening again on a different TV with a different receiver. I have never had a problem with any other HDMI device, except for Comcast receivers. Now, I have to wait 5 days for a tech to come out and take a look. This appears to be a Comcast issue that is widespread and I am pretty ticked off. Your technician set up this box and left before it was even working properly on Sunday, we had to track him down as he was driving off to let him know it wasn’t even working! Turns out, he tried to set this receiver up when I am not an HD service subscriber and HD service is required. As it was already nearing 8pm at that point, I was not pleased. He said I’d need to subscribe to HD in order to use what he had just installed. Talk about backing me into a corner, right? I mean, I guess. It required signing a 2 year contract in order for me to not see a price increase. Well, I’m not happy right now. I signed up for something that won’t even work.
6 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 7

Ajbishop2 wrote:
We just had Comcast installed in our other living room. It’s about 15 feet away from the other living room where Comcast has been installed since 2014. Anyway, your technician came over on Sunday. He said he could install a receiver in the other living room that connects to this receiver using WIFI. Ok, great. It worked for the evening on Sunday, yesterday, and now nothing. The light on the box only flashes when I unplug/plug it back in. The TV is not recognizing that the box is plugged in via HDMI cord. I tried a different HDMI cord, nothing. The TV is brand new. Tried using a different HDMI slot, nothing. Plugged the box into a different outlet, nothing. Called tech support, they did several resets and said it’s not registering as being connected to HDMI on their end. I had an issue with my receiver in this living room that was eerily similar a few months ago. All of a sudden, the TV (a different TV than the one that is having this issue) would not recognize the receiver through HDMI cable. It kept saying nothing was connected. After a couple of days, while I was waiting on my tech appointment, it fixed itself somehow. I find it interesting the same thing is happening again on a different TV with a different receiver. I have never had a problem with any other HDMI device, except for Comcast receivers. Now, I have to wait 5 days for a tech to come out and take a look. This appears to be a Comcast issue that is widespread and I am pretty ticked off. Your technician set up this box and left before it was even working properly on Sunday, we had to track him down as he was driving off to let him know it wasn’t even working! Turns out, he tried to set this receiver up when I am not an HD service subscriber and HD service is required. As it was already nearing 8pm at that point, I was not pleased. He said I’d need to subscribe to HD in order to use what he had just installed. Talk about backing me into a corner, right? I mean, I guess. It required signing a 2 year contract in order for me to not see a price increase. Well, I’m not happy right now. I signed up for something that won’t even work.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 7
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 7

Hello Ajbishop2. We certainly apologize for this inconvenience. If you need assistance getting HD service added to your account, I can help. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 7
Adding HD service to my account is not my issue. HD service was supposedly added to my account on Sunday, October 8th. My comcast receiver is not working. Please re-read what I said. This seems to be a common issue with Comcast.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 7

My apologies for misinterpreting the issue. I understand now your issue is your new HD Receiver is not being recognized by your TV through the HDMI input. I see we have a technician visit scheduled to troubleshoot this issue in your home and we will replace the box if need be. The technician will also be able to ensure the companion satellite box is correctly communicating with your main X1 DVR properly, and install a MoCA filter if need be. 

Since you have an appointment scheduled I will follow up with you once this is completed. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7

Hi @Ajbishop2. I am showing you cancelled the appointment. Did this self resolve? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.