Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

IR with new PR150BNM Xfinity Box

ANSWERED
New Poster

IR with new PR150BNM Xfinity Box

Our old cable box died. It was located in a nearby room, connected by a Xantech wireless emitter set up by an electrican years ago.  I just began using an PR150BNM and while the receiver blinks red, indicating it has gotten the signal from the Comcast remote the box does not respond.  I've out the emitte right where someone from Comcast said the signal should be received.  Stumped.

Accepted Solution

Re: IR with new PR150BNM Xfinity Box

SOLVED!  The pinpoint receiver location on the front of the Xfinity cable box for the infrared emitter allowing me to operate an HD TV in one room without the presence of a cable box was discovered.  I had worried that IR in newer Xfinity remotes might have been changed to a higher frequenty but the 50-100Khz on my Xantech was fine.  If you have IR and just got a new Xfinity box you'll have to play around with placement of the emitter for some time but once it is found....viola!    An Xfinity page with the receiver area mapped for each box is here.  For me, the real estate mapped out on this page appeared much bigger than the actual receiver location on my box and I had to hit or miss around until I hit the optimal spot. Case Closed.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: IR with new PR150BNM Xfinity Box

SOLVED!  The pinpoint receiver location on the front of the Xfinity cable box for the infrared emitter allowing me to operate an HD TV in one room without the presence of a cable box was discovered.  I had worried that IR in newer Xfinity remotes might have been changed to a higher frequenty but the 50-100Khz on my Xantech was fine.  If you have IR and just got a new Xfinity box you'll have to play around with placement of the emitter for some time but once it is found....viola!    An Xfinity page with the receiver area mapped for each box is here.  For me, the real estate mapped out on this page appeared much bigger than the actual receiver location on my box and I had to hit or miss around until I hit the optimal spot. Case Closed.

Tags (1)
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation