Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I'm so beyond sick of Comcast! Channel's tiling & freezing

Contributor

I'm so beyond sick of Comcast! Channel's tiling & freezing

For the past few days my channels have been tiling and freezing non stop. These things I record don't work and live tv. It seems that it's concentrated on local channels. It used to be channels like local channel 3 and always the channel The Walking Dead comes on. The people at Comcast reset the signal yesterday and it worked for a while but then a few hours later I come in to and find a error saying there's been a problem and you can't tune into the channel or the stupid thing rebooting for a hour. <br><br>I know there's a law suit on Comcast and other places not giving people the speed Internet they were promised. There needs to be one for prices that just keep going up and for not getting the services you pay for. I'm so fed up with all this bull! It's not right!
Contributor

Re: I'm so beyond sick of Comcast! Channel's tiling & freezing

Also noticed I'm not getting any of music choice channels. Says there's trouble or something then message disappears.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Aedmonds217 wrote:
For the past few days my channels have been tiling and freezing non stop. These things I record don't work and live tv. It seems that it's concentrated on local channels. It used to be channels like local channel 3 and always the channel The Walking Dead comes on. The people at Comcast reset the signal yesterday and it worked for a while but then a few hours later I come in to and find a error saying there's been a problem and you can't tune into the channel or the stupid thing rebooting for a hour. <br><br>I know there's a law suit on Comcast and other places not giving people the speed Internet they were promised. There needs to be one for prices that just keep going up and for not getting the services you pay for. I'm so fed up with all this bull! It's not right!

Take a look at all of your connections,splitters etc. Remove any unnecessary splitters. Your dvr is way out of spec. In comparison, your modem is well within spec. The signal levels of your dvr are so bad, it will result in channels not coming in or breaking up. If you can't figure it out, I would get a tech out.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I've checked the connections and I have to use a splitter because when it was hooked up your guy left the wire just laying on the ground to the front side of my house and it was ran over with a lawn mower so I'm using a splitter from my granddaughters playroom. The cable isn't used in there at all.
Anyway I have no idea what you're talking about.
Official Employee

If you've checked your connections and you have no idea what I'm talking about, get a tech out to troubleshoot the tiling. It will not fix itself.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation