Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I have a taotronics sound bar and want to control it with my xr11 xfinity remote

New Poster

I have a taotronics sound bar and want to control it with my xr11 xfinity remote

I have a taotronics sound bar and want to control it with my xr11 xfinity remote.  Can you give me instructions and codes?

Official Employee

Re: I have a taotronics sound bar and want to control it with my xr11 xfinity remote

A button and arrow to remote setup and follow the prompts. If you can’t find a code that works, hold setup, LED goes from red to green, enter 992 and channel up until your sound bar turns off, then press and hold setup to lock in the code. FYI not all sound bars are supported

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: I have a taotronics sound bar and want to control it with my xr11 xfinity remote

To get a soundbar to work with a Comcast remote hook up the HDMI cable to the “ARC” HDMI from the tv to the arc hdmi on the Soundbar. Then set up the code for for your tv NOT the Soundbar. This will enable the Xfinity remote to control the volume on the soundbar

Example: I had a Panasonic tv bought a Samsung Soundbar Connected the soundbar to the tv using the arc hdmi from soundbar to the arc hdmi on the tv then pressed “A” on my X1 remote. Go to remote setup and follow the instructions for TV SETUP ignoring the “audio device setup” basically ARC hdmi makes your soundbar part of the TV therefore requiring you to setup a “new tv” for the X1 remote to control the volume.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation