Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to control volume of Bluetooth headphones?

New Poster

How to control volume of Bluetooth headphones?

I've successfully paired a set of Bluetooth earbuds to my XI STB. How do I control the volume? Bluetooth audio output devices' volume is controlled from the sending device, but I don't see a way to adjust the volume being sent by the STB.

Official Employee

Re: How to control volume of Bluetooth headphones?

There isn’t a way, the Bluetooth device would have to be able to adjust volume itself

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

@ComcastAndrew There isn’t a way, the Bluetooth device would have to be able to adjust volume itself

That would seem to be a near-fatal omission. How can I submit a request for this capability to be added?

Service Expert

@Kirchh wrote:

@ComcastAndrew There isn’t a way, the Bluetooth device would have to be able to adjust volume itself

That would seem to be a near-fatal omission. How can I submit a request for this capability to be added?

the ear pods are normally used with portable devices that have their own voume control. use a standard headset or behind the neck bluetooth devices that have volume control capability.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@Kirchh wrote:

the ear pods are normally used with portable devices that have their own voume control. use a standard headset or behind the neck bluetooth devices that have volume control capability.

The ear pods I've used have volume controls that command the sending device to raise/lower the volume, if they have volume controls at all. That allows unified voliume control whether done directly at the sending device or whether commanded from the ear buds. So it's an overisght here.

Service Expert

@Kirchh wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Kirchh wrote:

The ear pods I've used have volume controls that command the sending device to raise/lower the volume, if they have volume controls at all. That allows unified voliume control whether done directly at the sending device or whether commanded from the ear buds. So it's an overisght here.

the x1 allows linking of a headphone type device. like all outputs of the X1 equipment levels are fixed. would you like some capable device links at Amazon to review (can buy them anywhere)? I have a pair of LG behind the neck bluetooth and they have volume adjustment control buttons.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@Kirchh wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Kirchh wrote:

the x1 allows linking of a headphone type device. like all outputs of the X1 equipment levels are fixed. would you like some capable device links at Amazon to review (can buy them anywhere)? I have a pair of LG behind the neck bluetooth and they have volume adjustment control buttons.

Other outputs from the STB being at a fixed level is irrelevant, of course; level control could be implemented for the bluetooth link, where it would be extremely useful, but for some reason, it wasn't.

I already own bluetooth earbuds that work with every other piece of equipment I have; I'm not inclined to purchase another set just to accommodate a silly shortcoming of the box. I hope that Comcast realizes they left out an important feature and adds it in.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation