Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to connect HDMI to RCA HD TV

New Poster

How to connect HDMI to RCA HD TV

I have an older Sony Grand Vega TV.  It's HD capable and have enjoyed HD TV for many years with Comcast.  We've recently upgraded to Wfinity Voice and all new equipment.  The main DVR and three satalite boxes.  They will only connect via regular cable or HDMI. The regular cable  doesn't provide HD.  I've seen HDMI to RCA cables.  Will this resolve the problem?

Official Employee

Re: How to connect HDMI to RCA HD TV

4wades4 wrote:

I have an older Sony Grand Vega TV.  It's HD capable and have enjoyed HD TV for many years with Comcast.  We've recently upgraded to Wfinity Voice and all new equipment.  The main DVR and three satalite boxes.  They will only connect via regular cable or HDMI. The regular cable  doesn't provide HD.  I've seen HDMI to RCA cables.  Will this resolve the problem?

RCA cables don't pass HD either. You would need component cables or swap out your box for those that have component outputs

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation