Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to check signal strength?

Contributor

How to check signal strength?

Is there a way I can check the signal strengh of each X1 Box to make sure it is strong enough?  If so, how do I do it and what numbers should I be looking for?  Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: How to check signal strength?

1. Hold down exit button for more than 5 seconds
2. Press the down arrow twice
3. Press 2
4. Down to system and right arrow to page 5 of 9
Downstream received should be between 8 and -8
Downstream SNR should be over 35
Upstream Power should be between 35 and 51
It's a little tricky getting in, it may take a few tries

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Does this method also work on the Arris (blue power light) X1 boxes?  I've been unable to get in to the diagnostic screens thus far...

New Poster

Hey Andrew, if my signals are not within this range is there anything I can do about it or do I have to have a tech visit to adjust it? My Upstream power seems to be around 13, but more frequently all the signals will read TIMEOUT. When it doees read 13 both of the other ones are within the range you mentioned. I keep getting the RDK-03003 error and have not been able to watch tv for a couple days. I'm waiting for a tech to call to setup an appointment at the moment. Thanks for the help. 

Gold Problem Solver

I hope Andrew doesn't mind if I answer for him. Your signals are out of spec and need attention. All you can do is check your cables and remove any unnecessary splitters. If you have done that or you aren't fluent with it, you will need that service visit...

leeeri11 wrote:

Hey Andrew, if my signals are not within this range is there anything I can do about it or do I have to have a tech visit to adjust it? My Upstream power seems to be around 13, but more frequently all the signals will read TIMEOUT. When it doees read 13 both of the other ones are within the range you mentioned. I keep getting the RDK-03003 error and have not been able to watch tv for a couple days. I'm waiting for a tech to call to setup an appointment at the moment. Thanks for the help. 

Official Employee

Your upstream power is out of spec and as of now your HD box is showing offline. It could be the box itself showing too high. In comparison, your modem is in the green but like Rick suggested eliminate any unnecessary splitters and check your connections

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

i can get to system and then press ok.  It brings up System In-Bank Network can move righ arrow over to that section

in that section it says Tear 1 Success time count failed tune count etc

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation