Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How do I disable wifi password lookup using the X1 voice remote?

New Poster

How do I disable wifi password lookup using the X1 voice remote?

I recently became aware that you can say "What's my WiFi password?" into the X1 remote and it will display the password on my TV screen. Obviously I don't want just any guest to do this and gain access to the password (nor do I want my kids to know the password and sharing it out randomly to friends). How do I disable this functionality?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: How do I disable wifi password lookup using the X1 voice remote?

KADacey wrote:

I recently became aware that you can say "What's my WiFi password?" into the X1 remote and it will display the password on my TV screen. Obviously I don't want just any guest to do this and gain access to the password (nor do I want my kids to know the password and sharing it out randomly to friends). How do I disable this functionality?

see if this parental control will do the job. press the Xfinity button > gear(settings) > parental Controls/application Locks > "OK" > Xfinity xFi and press OK so lock symbol shows.

All Replies
Expert

KADacey wrote:

see if this parental control will do the job. press the Xfinity button > gear(settings) > parental Controls/application Locks > "OK" > Xfinity xFi and press OK so lock symbol shows.

New Poster

I had this issue and the pin application locks was the fix... THANK YOU!

however this is something i shouldn't have to look up... The option to disable a password voice command should be more clear in the menus and email communications!
New Poster

Thank you Rustyben - that seems to work. Crazy that they would enable that by default.