Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I change to guide to only show the channels I subscribe to? Is that even possible?

ANSWERED
New Poster

How do I change to guide to only show the channels I subscribe to? Is that even possible?

Hi folks!

I'm new to Xfinity X1 and am still tinkering with it. I'm really liking it so far! 

I thought I saw a setting option that allowed me to change the guide to only show the channels I subscribe to with my package... but I can't seem to find it now. 

Is that something I can do? Can I change the view settings in my guide to ONLY show the channels I get?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change to guide to only show the channels I subscribe to? Is that even possible?

Hi everyone,

You can now press the "Guide" button on your remote, twice, and select "Free to Me" for a channel guide that only incldues channels in your subscription.

Gwen

View answer in context
Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: How do I change to guide to only show the channels I subscribe to? Is that even possible?

Sorry that isn't an option. You can adjust the guide to show just HD channels, favorites, movies, sports and kids channels

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Is this something that has been looked into since this last post?  this may seem like something small but i think a LOT of your customers would really appreciate only needed to page through the channels they get.

Laura

Official Employee

Actually it has, and changes may be coming.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I agree, that is a feature that would be most appreciated.  Hope this comes to reality soon....

New Poster

Please work on this as it's an extremely simply fix on your end and especially for those of us with pretty basic cable packages there are only about 30 channels available and we have to scroll through 600+ channels and you don't even know which are available and which aren't till you select one and then you get an error screen.  It's really a horrific user experience in an otherwise great setup.

It's also been one of the most requested changes since clear back in 2012 as I was browsing message boards so it's really crazy that this is still a problem.  Both Dish and DirecTV have this out of the box.  I know Dish had this over a decade ago.  Too simple a change to not prioritize.

New Poster

The truth is they could but won't because how else would they expose and  sell you more channels and movies that you might not otherwise see and buy. Convenience to the end user ....nope... sorry about your luck!

Ins't that right comcast employee?

Regular Contributor

I'm confused. You want to scroll through just the channels you get but you can do that by adding those channels to your favorite list and then set your system to just look at favorities. Are you saying there are too many channels to add to your favorities list?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi everyone,

You can now press the "Guide" button on your remote, twice, and select "Free to Me" for a channel guide that only incldues channels in your subscription.

Gwen

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Very cool! Thanks, Gwen!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation