Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Hooking up a lg smart tv to x1

New Poster

Hooking up a lg smart tv to x1

I cannot get my new LG smart tv to auto scan my cable channels. I have the coax into the cable box and an HDMI directly to the tv. I have a good wifi signal. Any help with this?
Expert

Re: Hooking up a lg smart tv to x1

Tom_loomis wrote:
I cannot get my new LG smart tv to auto scan my cable channels. I have the coax into the cable box and an HDMI directly to the tv. I have a good wifi signal. Any help with this?

you posted in the X1 forum. because of that you hook up the X1 set top box using an HDMI cable and then using the TV's remote change the input to match the HDMI connector to which the X1 set top box is connected. When you do the X1's output  will display on the TV screen. X1 knows what channels you have in your subscription, use the X1 remote to change channels. Hit the guide to find your channel guide.

Official Employee

If you’re using HDMI, there’s no need to do any scan. On your TV remote look for a Source or Input button and press it until it matches the input that the X1 box is on
Problem Solver

If you live in a metro area with OTA television, hook up the coaxial cable from your antenna to your television. Then set the tv to Antenna and run the scan for over the air channels.

Most cable or satellite companies no longer let the television's QAM tuner handle their channels. I should point out that most (smart) UHD tv's are produced overseas and many functions installed are used for cable over there. Many functions (per your tv manual) only work over there.

Expert

Tom_loomis wrote:

We cannot scan for local channes from the X1 STB's.  You have to use an antenna connected to your TV and then scan for local channels.