Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Having Issues with X1 Platform

Contributor

Having Issues with X1 Platform

I moved about 4 months ago and have a progressively worseing problems with X1. I am constantly having to reset all my cable boxes.  I hit any remote button and there is a message for connection related problems.  All my cable boxes were connected by a Comcast Tech after moving.  It is a little more than frustrating.

 

Bob

Expert

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform


mrmusky wrote:

I moved about 4 months ago and have a progressively worseing problems with X1. I am constantly having to reset all my cable boxes.  I hit any remote button and there is a message for connection related problems.  All my cable boxes were connected by a Comcast Tech after moving.  It is a little more than frustrating.

 

Bob


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

Hello, mrmusky - I checked your account and was able to find issues with the RF signals. I can help with scheduling a tech visit. Could you please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone/account number? Thank you in advance. 

New Poster

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

We just upgraded to X1 and are having problems. Chat isn’t helpful. Tech support was to phone. Talked with another CS and still noting is resolved. They may phone back in 24 hours?! Since we have a home security installation appointment in a few weeks they can’t send a tech out now. Makes no sense!!! We are very displeased as usual! Our previous boxes worked fine. I always regret when we decide to upgrade. Comcast needs to do better by their clients!! We pay a lot of money to Comcast!!!
Expert

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

If you give us details about your issue, we might be able to help.

New Poster

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

Just that the additional boxes aren’t working. The main box is. We’ve refreshed many times ourselves and with tech support. Yes! All cables are installed correctly and have tight connections.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

Avenger,

You have not provided enough information for us to be able to help you. Are you seeing any error messages on your TV set?


Did your "addtional boxes" ever work or has something changed.?

Usually when the "main box" works and the secondary boxes don't that means there is a wiring/connection problem within your house.


Avenger1 wrote:
Just that the additional boxes aren’t working. The main box is. We’ve refreshed many times ourselves and with tech support. Yes! All cables are installed correctly and have tight connections.




New Poster

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

I've got the same issues. Useless tech support and bad equipment. The older equipment was fine but I got annoyed at the constant upgrade notices while I was watching TV. Comcast WAS a good service. All I have now to say is BAD service and junk equipment. Looking at other providers since Comcast is the most expensive provider in my area. Not sure if they hire lowest level folks in tech support but the equipment is junk.

Expert

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform


s0j wrote:

I've got the same issues. Useless tech support and bad equipment. The older equipment was fine but I got annoyed at the constant upgrade notices while I was watching TV. Comcast WAS a good service. All I have now to say is BAD service and junk equipment. Looking at other providers since Comcast is the most expensive provider in my area. Not sure if they hire lowest level folks in tech support but the equipment is junk.


you have cross-posted same info two times today but not stated even one problem. Are you a subscriber to Xfinity now?

Official Employee

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

 

Hi s0j, I can help you with your X1 issues. Can you please explain a little more about what you're experiencing on your end? Do you get any error messages?

New Poster

Re: Having Issues with X1 Platform

having same problem , just switched from fios to comcast because of a cheaper deal, never , not once did i ever have a problem with fios , great internet and 4 boxes on tv, now i have xfinitity internet and 2 tv boxes - the worst experience ever. i still have 30 days to cancel comcast , looks like im going back to comcast since multiple times throughout the day and night tv freezes cant rewind cant play , just 10 minutes looking at tv.