Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

HOW DOES TV goes to screen saver ONLY when no one is in room.

New Poster

HOW DOES TV goes to screen saver ONLY when no one is in room.

I have noticed my TV will go to SCREEN SAVER mode, when no one is in the room.  The TV will stay in LIVE mode un-interupted without issue as long as someone is \within the viewing proximity of the box.  If I am off to the side ( at my desk, or leave the room) the TV will change to screen saver mode after a short period of time.  I have asked the Xfinity support and the responce I received is 'To change your settings ..."  I've asked  the question..How does the box seem to know if someone is watching the TV? the box NEVER changes from live TV  when I am watching it directly. And I am told it does nto do that.  Well it does.

Expert

Re: HOW DOES TV goes to screen saver ONLY when no one is in room.

@GWCoop wrote:

I have noticed my TV will go to SCREEN SAVER mode, when no one is in the room.  The TV will stay in LIVE mode un-interupted without issue as long as someone is \within the viewing proximity of the box.  If I am off to the side ( at my desk, or leave the room) the TV will change to screen saver mode after a short period of time.  I have asked the Xfinity support and the responce I received is 'To change your settings ..."  I've asked  the question..How does the box seem to know if someone is watching the TV? the box NEVER changes from live TV  when I am watching it directly. And I am told it does nto do that.  Well it does.

what do you see on the screen saver? that may be a TV function. the TV screen saver can be set to 5 hours. I've never had it come on. you can go into 'device settings' >> screen saver and change the type of screen saver images to test if it is the Comcast box or your TV that is providing the screen saver.