Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HDCP Issues with Optoma HD141X projector

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

So since switching to Xfinity from Uverse, I'm having HDCP handshake issues between my XG1v3 main box and my projector.  Every so often the projector will "search" for input for a few secs.

This doesn't happen with the PS4, doesn't seem to happen with Netflix via X1, but does with On Demand and I think recordings as well.

I had everything through an HDMI switch that has HDCP, but that didn't help. Now it's hooked up direct and still having issues.

The projector doesn't have component, so can't go that route without something to convert. I was thinking that maybe I could move the XG1 to another TV and take that box and hook it up to the projector as they don't have issues. Does the XG1 have to be hooked up directly to the modem (mine not rented)? Does the modem have to be in a specific location in the house?

Looking for thoughts/advice, as online research shows the problem is common but concrete solutions are iffy.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 6
jesseweiss wrote:

So since switching to Xfinity from Uverse, I'm having HDCP handshake issues between my XG1v3 main box and my projector.  Every so often the projector will "search" for input for a few secs.
This doesn't happen with the PS4, doesn't seem to happen with Netflix via X1, but does with On Demand and I think recordings as well.

I had everything through an HDMI switch that has HDCP, but that didn't help. Now it's hooked up direct and still having issues.

The projector doesn't have component, so can't go that route without something to convert. I was thinking that maybe I could move the XG1 to another TV and take that box and hook it up to the projector as they don't have issues. Does the XG1 have to be hooked up directly to the modem (mine not rented)? Does the modem have to be in a specific location in the house?

Looking for thoughts/advice, as online research shows the problem is common but concrete solutions are iffy.

The modem has nothing to do with X1. You can move any of the boxes around but you'll probably run into the same error. It's your projector that may not be HDCP compliant.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 3 of 6
I doubt it will solve the problem but if you have a Pace DVR you could try swapping it for an Arris or vice versa.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 4 of 6
Andrew,

Not to disagree with you but the OP's projector is HDMI 1.4a so I would be surprised if it was not HDCP compliant. Unfortunately the spec does not mention HDCP.

We all know that X1 boxes can be a bit fickle and erratic to in their enforcement of HDCP... Especially with projectors.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 5 of 6

If the projector worked fine with a Uverse box until August, works fine with a chromecast, Roku, PS4, etc... then it certainly seems it is the box and not the projector. Otherwise I would have the same issues with those devices no?

As far as my research can tell, it's 1.4 compliant.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 6 of 6
Need to make sure that your projectors firmware is up to date.