Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorites list is shared across every box in the house

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Favorites list is shared across every box in the house

I just came back to Comcast last week we had 4 TVs installed with X1 boxes so far everything with the video quality and channels looks and works great so far. The problem is for some reason we're all sharing a single favorite channel list so when I add or delete a channel the same happens on everyone else's favorites list as well. This is silly the entire point of a favorites list is so the person that uses that specific tv has their own small list of favorite channels otherwise we would just use the guide, so how do I get this back to normal so we all have our own favorites list?

Accepted Solution

Re: Favorites list is shared across every box in the house

Then maybe you should rename it just a slightly smaller more useless guide since you add 4 peoples worth of favorites in there and you might as well not even bother. This is garbage so far everything they told me they fixed on the phone was a blatant lie guess I wont be here long

View answer in context
Official Employee

huckjam wrote:

I just came back to Comcast last week we had 4 TVs installed with X1 boxes so far everything with the video quality and channels looks and works great so far. The problem is for some reason we're all sharing a single favorite channel list so when I add or delete a channel the same happens on everyone else's favorites list as well. This is silly the entire point of a favorites list is so the person that uses that specific tv has their own small list of favorite channels otherwise we would just use the guide, so how do I get this back to normal so we all have our own favorites list?

The X1 platform is working like it should, presently there is only one favorite list. It's account centric, not by the box.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

So when are you going to fix this? This isnt how a favorites list is supposed to work and its also not what the person on the phone that sold us the package said either what they told us and what was installed is night and day.

Official Employee

Sorry if you were misinformed but that’s how the X1 platform works.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Then maybe you should rename it just a slightly smaller more useless guide since you add 4 peoples worth of favorites in there and you might as well not even bother. This is garbage so far everything they told me they fixed on the phone was a blatant lie guess I wont be here long

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation