Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Favorites Guide in X1

Frequent Visitor

Favorites Guide in X1

When I add a channel in the upper number ranges to my Favorites, it adds the same channel in a lower range of numbers.  Example, when I added Fox Sports North, Channel 863, it also added Chanel 402 to the Favorites!  Channel 863 does not display when I try to access Favorites.  I only need one FSN in my Favorites.  It has done this with other channels that are available on multiple numbers.  Is this normal?  Or is there something I a missing?  I have an XR11 remote.

Expert

Re: Favorites Guide in X1

@KarenBar wrote:

When I add a channel in the upper number ranges to my Favorites, it adds the same channel in a lower range of numbers.  Example, when I added Fox Sports North, Channel 863, it also added Chanel 402 to the Favorites!  Channel 863 does not display when I try to access Favorites.  I only need one FSN in my Favorites.  It has done this with other channels that are available on multiple numbers.  Is this normal?  Or is there something I a missing?  I have an XR11 remote.

comcast announced over a year ago it is setting up the 4 digit (virtual channel numbers) into groups called neighborhoods. so selecting a channel selects its 'virtual' channel too. until or unless comcast chooses to do different handling, both appear.

Frequent Visitor

None of the channels are 4 digit numbers.  In fact there are no 4 digit numbers in my favorites list.

Frequent Visitor

Did some further checking and the 4 digit numbers are showing in the Favorites list with a star.  So for any channel that I have selected, I have 2 or 3 channels with a star but only the lowest number shows when I use the Favorites Guide.