Fast forward removed from X1 DVR

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 9 (829 Views)

Fast forward removed from X1 DVR

I am not happy about Comcast removing the fast forward option on some shows recorded on the DVR.  I pay more than enough money each month and should be able to fast forward on recorded shows.  This is encroachment and will be a deal breaker for me unless Comcast changes this policy.

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 9 (820 Views)

Re: Fast forward removed from X1 DVR

As of last night fast forward was working just fine.

Suggest you unplug and reboot your X1 box.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 9 (798 Views)

willkevi wrote:

I am not happy about Comcast removing the fast forward option on some shows recorded on the DVR.  I pay more than enough money each month and should be able to fast forward on recorded shows.  This is encroachment and will be a deal breaker for me unless Comcast changes this policy.

could you provide an example or two? Title of series, season and episode number, netowrk it was recorded from). If you can recreate  this issue, while watching the asset, press the OK button and look at the top upper left information and note the 'source'. The source will say DVR or <cloud icon> DVR or On-demand. If it just says "channel xxx' then you are watching a live channel.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 9 (784 Views)

willkevi wrote:

Do you mean on demand shows??? That's the only place I've seen FF disabled.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 5 of 9 (731 Views)

I have the same. Went to catch up on a few DVR'd shows (The Good Place, Jane the Virgin and The Voice) and FF ability is missing. Why should I pay extra for a DVR box if FF is being disabled? 

I tried rebooting the box, no dice. FF is still absent.

IMG_2348.JPG

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 9 (727 Views)

oldgreycat wrote:

I have the same. Went to catch up on a few DVR'd shows (The Good Place, Jane the Virgin and The Voice) and FF ability is missing. Why should I pay extra for a DVR box if FF is being disabled? 

I tried rebooting the box, no dice. FF is still absent.

IMG_2348.JPG

If you're referring to the Fast Forward/Rewind showing up in the Video Control Bar, they were removed with the latest update. What happens when you fast forward using the actual arrow on the remote?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 9 (674 Views)

Hi everyone,

Fast forward is not removed from any DVR programs. Please use then fast forward and rewind buttons on your remote control. They are no longer show in the transport, but still function the same.

Thanks,

Gwen

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 8 of 9 (220 Views)

The fast forward info was very useful to see how much of the recording was left.  More importantly it was useful to watch how much time was already fast forwarded each time so 4 minutes of commercials was easily skipped.  Now when I fast forward I can't tell when to stop or slow down until I program recording starts again and then I have to go backward. I am sure Comcast did this just for this reason so we must watch more commercials.  Bring that information back please

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 9 (202 Views)

Larry9991 wrote:

The fast forward info was very useful to see how much of the recording was left.  More importantly it was useful to watch how much time was already fast forwarded each time so 4 minutes of commercials was easily skipped.  Now when I fast forward I can't tell when to stop or slow down until I program recording starts again and then I have to go backward. I am sure Comcast did this just for this reason so we must watch more commercials.  Bring that information back please

If you are using an X1 set top box to view a recording, while you are playing the recording hit the button tot he right of the |> (play) button to fast forward. pressing it again will increase the speed. the relative position of what you are viewing on the screen will appear in the status 'bar' across the bottom. The left side shows how far you are into the recording, the right side shows remaining amount of that program. there is a 'bug or feature' that will cause you not to see the current position and that is only if you press fast forward immediately after selecting the program to play from your recordings list. When the initial status messages fade out, press the OK button to see a working valid progress bar or just press fast forward.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.