Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Fast forward options too fast to watch sports

New Poster

Fast forward options too fast to watch sports

As an avid sports watcher, many on a recorded basis, I fund the fast forward options are not practical to watch recorded sports in a time compressed manner. The FF options are just too fast. Even the slowest option (showing >>, the setting that compresses about 4 seconds into 1 second) rushes the action so much it cannot be followed or appreciated, and is not practical for any sport. It would be nice to have a slower option available. The alternative of FF between plays, pitches, etc. and then watching real time for the action causes too many buttons to be pressed to manage as a practical option (FF >>, then >, then 'exit' to clear the screen of the arrows and info bar...which lasts far too long and would be the subject of another suggestion). To do this between each play is untenable. What doesn't make sense is just the opposite: the number of selections to fast forward rapidly! We have the options of 2>>, 3>>, 4>>, the 'lightning' mode, and the 5 minute forward of the 'page up' button. How many of these fast options are needed? All of them rapidly move the program forward. X1 offers such a wide variety of sports programming, but who has the time to watch it? I'm sure many sports fans can relate to this issue and my suggestion would seemingly be readily received by such viewers. Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Fast forward options too fast to watch sports

I would not expect to see any big changes on this issue as long as Comcast and X1 continue to used a cloud based guide.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation