Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Error message with Netflix on XiD

New Poster

Error message with Netflix on XiD

I just had three XiDs installed, and I am getting an error trying to access Netflix on just one of them. I get a message "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title" with error code tvq-pb-101 in the corner.

I've tried signing out of Netflix on this box, restarting the Netflix app, power cycling the box. I have no issues with Netflix on any other device, including the X1 DVR box and two other XiDs.

Any thoughts on getting Netflix to work on this box? It's the one we watch Netflix the most on.

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

We ended up getting the box swapped.

 

No issues since then.


@

All Replies
Expert

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD


Smilegrrrl wrote:
I just had three XiDs installed, and I am getting an error trying to access Netflix on just one of them. I get a message "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title" with error code tvq-pb-101 in the corner.

I've tried signing out of Netflix on this box, restarting the Netflix app, power cycling the box. I have no issues with Netflix on any other device, including the X1 DVR box and two other XiDs.

Any thoughts on getting Netflix to work on this box? It's the one we watch Netflix the most on.

did you try using a laptop/desktop or any netflix supported device to play the same title? the error sounds like it is from netflix.

New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

I can play the same title on other boxes in the house, as well as from multiple phones.

I thought I'd go this route first since it's a new box, but I was planning on reaching out to Netflix also.
Valued Contributor

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD


Smilegrrrl wrote:
I can play the same title on other boxes in the house, as well as from multiple phones.

I thought I'd go this route first since it's a new box, but I was planning on reaching out to Netflix also.

It's a netflix error

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/59985

 

Would you by any chance  be using parental controls from the box or possibly the TV itself?

 

Does one of your profiles contain a maturity level?

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/264

 

New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

I did double check the parental settings on the profile, and even tried switching profiles. Cannot get anything to play on just this one box.

I'll try contacting Netflix customer support.

Thanks
New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

Hi. Did you ever find the solution to this? Having the same exact problem here...thanks!
New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

Not yet. Spoke with Netflix and they were aware of an issue. It still wasn't working on just the one box last I checked but I haven't had a chance to follow up with Netflix yet.
Valued Contributor

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD


Smilegrrrl wrote:
Not yet. Spoke with Netflix and they were aware of an issue. It still wasn't working on just the one box last I checked but I haven't had a chance to follow up with Netflix yet.

Smilegrrrl wrote:
Not yet. Spoke with Netflix and they were aware of an issue. It still wasn't working on just the one box last I checked but I haven't had a chance to follow up with Netflix yet.

Have you tried swapping the TV to eliminate the possibility that it's not a conflict with the TV? Some equipment do not play well with each other.

New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

Netflix worked on the previous cable box we had connected to this TV (a full X1 DVR). We have two other XiDs and an X1 DVR that Netflix does work on still. It appears to be this one box.

New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

Hey! I'm having the same issue. I think it's the box too. Would xfinity change the box because of this issue? Have you figure something out?
New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

Same issue here. Any resolution?
New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

We ended up getting the box swapped.

 

No issues since then.


@
New Poster

Re: Error message with Netflix on XiD

I have the same situation and Comcast replaced the box but the problem persists. Netflix help said the engineers were aware of the specific problem with Netflix and the Comcast box and were working on it. I am to check back in 24 - 48 hours.