Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Error message every 20 min

Contributor

Error message every 20 min

This started last week tech came out switched box worked for two weeks now freezing every 29 min

Been a constant issue for over 2 years. Had various techs come out and t still doesn’t work

Do I just cancel
Comcast? Nothing seems to work and no one can help me
Official Employee

Re: Error message every 20 min

What’s the error message?
Contributor

rdk03053

Contributor

or it just freezes

Official Employee

@js1024 wrote:

or it just freezes

I believe that’s a moca error code. You logged into the forums with a non-Comcast username, send me a PM with your account information and I can take a look at your equipment.

Official Employee

Would it happen to be the master bedroom cable box (XID) that keeps freezing? Got your info
Contributor

no, it is not the main one.

Official Employee

You have 2 boxes labeled the same both the DVR and an XiD are labeled Master Bedroom. The box you’re talking about the serial number ends in 2163. It’s the one with a low and out of spec moca rate. Moca is what the boxes use to communicate. Can you give any details on house wiring, splitters, amps etc?
Contributor

yes, it is 2163

the main one has a splitter running through the wall to mine. This was changed TWICE by comcast

that one is hooked up with the wire running outside the window

I do not what you mean by amps

Official Employee

Amps= any amplifier in your house. There’s something impeding communication between the DVR and that box, it’s going to either be a splitter, the cable outlet itself or the box ending in 2163 (or combination of those).
Couple things to try
-take the cable off the wall plate for 2163 and re-seat it, reset both DVR and 2163
-swap locations with your other XiD temporarily and see if the freezing follows the box
Try those and I’ll take a look at the equipment again,
Contributor

ok I will when i get home  thanks

Contributor

I reset it
Official Employee

Yeah, nothing’s changed. Are you sure all splitters are accounted for, chances are pretty good it’s going to be the cable outlet itself or splitter.
Contributor

Someone came here said was outside

So now it’s something different the techs are useless and so is your corporate office

The woman was supposed to follow up and I want to file a complaint against her