Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Error Code RDK-03004

New Poster

Error Code RDK-03004

Have had the X1 service for exactly 1 week when all of a sudden 3 of my 4 boxes stopped working.  Called Tech Support, they sent multiple refresh signal and nothing worked.  Now waiting on a tech visit 4 days later.

Message says: "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform".  

Then tells you to check your cables, restart the box, yadda yadda.  Of course nothing works.  Comcast was awarded the worst service ever award when getting my services installed a week ago.  I finally get them installed and now they shut down & I have to wait 4 days to get someone out to look at it.  This service is way too expensive to be so awful.  And they charged me $150 to install this mess.  

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Error Code RDK-03004

Resolution:  Tech visit - found the amplifier (placed in the attic) had died.  Tech replaced the amp and a blown power cord which resolved the issue.  No known reason for the amplifier dying however.  There were no power outages or surges in the home and all other power in the house was without issue.  

All Replies
Gold Problem Solver

I would guess you are having problems with signal quality that will need to be addressed but "no connect" messages are almost always temporary. There is probably a server down somewhere in Comcastland.

NH73 wrote:

Have had the X1 service for exactly 1 week when all of a sudden 3 of my 4 boxes stopped working.  Called Tech Support, they sent multiple refresh signal and nothing worked.  Now waiting on a tech visit 4 days later.

Message says: "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform".  

Then tells you to check your cables, restart the box, yadda yadda.  Of course nothing works.  Comcast was awarded the worst service ever award when getting my services installed a week ago.  I finally get them installed and now they shut down & I have to wait 4 days to get someone out to look at it.  This service is way too expensive to be so awful.  And they charged me $150 to install this mess.  

New Poster

Good to know - thanks.  But if a server is down, why does my downstairs X1 box and service work just fine?  It's only the non-DVR boxes in the upstairs bedrooms/media room that stopped.  Are they connecting to a different server?  

Gold Problem Solver

Possibly but that is why I am sure you have signal issues that need to be addressed. Original installers don't always get it right...

Call in and set up a service visit.

NH73 wrote:

Good to know - thanks.  But if a server is down, why does my downstairs X1 box and service work just fine?  It's only the non-DVR boxes in the upstairs bedrooms/media room that stopped.  Are they connecting to a different server?  

Official Employee

That error means the box isn't able to acquire an IP address
1. Power cycle it
2. Check your connections
3. Call in to verify the MAC address on the box and possibly a tech visit
New Poster

Resolution:  Tech visit - found the amplifier (placed in the attic) had died.  Tech replaced the amp and a blown power cord which resolved the issue.  No known reason for the amplifier dying however.  There were no power outages or surges in the home and all other power in the house was without issue.  

New Poster

We upgraded to the new x1 platform this past Friday & it is now Sunday & we still haven't been able to watch our tv for more than an hour. We have multiple calls in & no return phone calls. There is supposedly an escalation in? This is a complete joke. I just called again this morning & there is a can message saying that the help service is too busy & to. All back later! We pay over $200 for this terrible service! Comcast has some very serious problems.
New Poster

The cable booster Ac Adapter is probably dead.
Frequent Visitor

im having the same issue right now what do I do?
Problem Solver
New Poster

This error is getting really old.  Box was installed because we wanted to save money and this was the suggested option.  My opinion.. The technology is inferior and Comcast knows it.  We've spent too many hours on the phone trying to get a signal to the "box".  Not sure technical support knows what to do with this problem either.  Unfortunately, our only other cable provider is Direct TV.... UGH!

Expert

kafrenchi wrote:

This error is getting really old.  Box was installed because we wanted to save money and this was the suggested option.  My opinion.. The technology is inferior and Comcast knows it.  We've spent too many hours on the phone trying to get a signal to the "box".  Not sure technical support knows what to do with this problem either.  Unfortunately, our only other cable provider is Direct TV.... UGH!

not enough info (like error code messages, description of problem) to try to assist. Did you contact the 24/7 dedicated x1 support center at 877-896-8678 ?

New Poster

The tech support person we were on the phone with stated we were not getting signal to the house.  The DVR is now out.  There has been a technician scheduled for 12/24. The error code and problem is similar to others who have written in on this forum.  Channel freezes and cannot change it.  Then we get a message stating a connection cannot be found.

We've tried troubleshooting on our own based on some of the suggested fixes on this forum - unplugging the DVR from the outlet and re-plugging in.  These fixes have worked, but it has occurred at least 6-8 times in the last two months.

Expert

kafrenchi wrote:

The tech support person we were on the phone with stated we were not getting signal to the house.  The DVR is now out.  There has been a technician scheduled for 12/24. The error code and problem is similar to others who have written in on this forum.  Channel freezes and cannot change it.  Then we get a message stating a connection cannot be found.

We've tried troubleshooting on our own based on some of the suggested fixes on this forum - unplugging the DVR from the outlet and re-plugging in.  These fixes have worked, but it has occurred at least 6-8 times in the last two months.

BY restarting the device yo are forcing a reconnect to the X1 network.... this almost always works initially, but if yo do indeed have signal issues they do reappear as tyou have mentioned...   Let the TECH arrive and do the work needed for you to expeience an X1 system that is enjoyable!!!!

-=Ray=-

New Poster

This happened to me too, and after reading someone's answer regarding the amplifier, I saw some light. I have 2 standard non recording Boxes and since last Friday's storm, I was stuck with the channel that I left on Thursday, I tried the menu option and the error appeared and couldn't connect to the X11 platform. I searched for the Amplifier/Splitter which I belive was really old, replaced it and voila! Everything worked just fine.

I know that it may be frustrating for some people to have their new cable set up and not working afterwards, but you must understand that sometimes the hardware issues are in place, and is not a bad Comcast service, but there are so many variables on today's connections, that is not easy to troubleshoot so quickly.

Hope this Helps!