Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ERROR CODE RDK-03005

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

ERROR CODE RDK-03005

Getting this code while setting up my new box. Over the past five years or so, the several technicians that have been out have said we have a weak signal in my home due to old equipment at the street. Every time they say they will put in a work order to upgrade the equipment. Five years and just as may technicians later, the same problem seems to persist.

My guess is this is why I can't set up my new equipment. Each technician that has come out has said the the equipment we had has been borderline being able to work. I guess no X1 for us.
Accepted Solution

Re: ERROR CODE RDK-03005

Thanks for the suggestion, but I ended up returning the equipment and reconnecting what I previously had. The signal strength isn't good enough to support the X1 devices. I went down the the box that services our section of street and it's still ancient equipment inside. Basically some low quality coax cabling and fancy looking oxidized splitters. From the looks of it, it all sits under water when it rains or when the home owner whose property its on the corner of runs his sprinklers. I'm pretty sure it's all original from when our houses we're built in 1981. Back when it was GilCable (I think) and we had the A/B switch boxes.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

ERROR CODE RDK-03005

Getting this code while setting up my new box. Over the past five years or so, the several technicians that have been out have said we have a weak signal in my home due to old equipment at the street. Every time they say they will put in a work order to upgrade the equipment. Five years and just as may technicians later, the same problem seems to persist.

My guess is this is why I can't set up my new equipment. Each technician that has come out has said the the equipment we had has been borderline being able to work. I guess no X1 for us.
Tags (1)
Service Expert

LowSC2 wrote:

call 800-Comcast and as the TV service representative to run the Einstein diagnostics.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion, but I ended up returning the equipment and reconnecting what I previously had. The signal strength isn't good enough to support the X1 devices. I went down the the box that services our section of street and it's still ancient equipment inside. Basically some low quality coax cabling and fancy looking oxidized splitters. From the looks of it, it all sits under water when it rains or when the home owner whose property its on the corner of runs his sprinklers. I'm pretty sure it's all original from when our houses we're built in 1981. Back when it was GilCable (I think) and we had the A/B switch boxes.

Service Expert

I had a similar issue.  A tech replaced all my coax cables coming from the wall to my X1 boxes and all the wall coax connections and my system has not had any more issues with this.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

LowSC2, I've taken a look at your boxes and I do see a few errors from them. There is scheduled maintenance in your area to take place tomorrow. I'll check in with you once the maintenance has completed to see if you are still experiencing that error code. If so, we can take a look at our next steps. 

For now, I'd like send a signal to your boxes to see if we can resolve that error. When is a good time for me to do so? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

LowSC2, the maintnence in your area has cleared. Are you still getting the error code? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation