Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Does Nightly X1 Reboot affect Digital Adapters as well?

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 2

I am new to X1.  I understand from forum posts that the box reboots nightly.  My question:  if I am watching through one of the small digital adapters (which in this case is attached via splitter to the same coax that goes to the main box), will the signal to the adapter be interrupted as well?

That's my main question, but I also have a second question, this time about the main X1 box:  If a DVR recording is in process at the scheduled reboot time, am I correct that that night's reboot will automatcially be canceled?  And if so, what if there is also a DVR recording taking place at scheduled reboot time the next day?  Thanks.

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2
Solution

Dennis25 wrote:

I am new to X1.  I understand from forum posts that the box reboots nightly.  My question:  if I am watching through one of the small digital adapters (which in this case is attached via splitter to the same coax that goes to the main box), will the signal to the adapter be interrupted as well?

That's my main question, but I also have a second question, this time about the main X1 box:  If a DVR recording is in process at the scheduled reboot time, am I correct that that night's reboot will automatcially be canceled?  And if so, what if there is also a DVR recording taking place at scheduled reboot time the next day?  Thanks.

DTAs are independent of the X1 platform and don't do a nightly reboot.

Yes, if there's a recording in process the reboot will be pushed back to the following or to when you don't have a recording scheduled. 

You can now set it for when it's convenient for you. With the remote

Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Preferences to General to Daily Update Time and change it to fit your needs

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon