Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Disable Power Off When X1 Box Is Not The Inpu

Frequent Visitor

Disable Power Off When X1 Box Is Not The Inpu

I have my X1 4K box, as well as my XBOX and Playstation connected to an AVR.  When I switch inputs from the X1 Box to my XBOX, the box will turn itself off after about 10 minutes, this is even when I the power settings of the box at off (Xfinity>Settings>Device>Power Saver = OFF).  This appears to be a function of the new 4K X1 box, because my previous box did not do that. This is annoying because it stops the auto recording of the current channel, and I can't rewind when this happens.I wouid like to turn this function off.

Service Expert

Re: Disable Power Off When X1 Box Is Not The Inpu

dratsablive wrote:

I have my X1 4K box, as well as my XBOX and Playstation connected to an AVR.  When I switch inputs from the X1 Box to my XBOX, the box will turn itself off after about 10 minutes, this is even when I the power settings of the box at off (Xfinity>Settings>Device>Power Saver = OFF).  This appears to be a function of the new 4K X1 box, because my previous box did not do that. This is annoying because it stops the auto recording of the current channel, and I can't rewind when this happens.I wouid like to turn this function off.

press the Xfinity button on your remote > gear(settings > Comcast Labs > HDMI Link - is it on or off?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Rusty's suggestion is a good one but I suggest that you go into the settings of your TV and receiver and turn off any HDMI-CEC or HDMI Control features.

dratsablive wrote:

Frequent Visitor

It was set to ON, just set it to OFF and will test.  Thank you for your reply.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation