members

online now

discussions

DVR

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

DVR

My previous box was destroyed in a fire & I got new one but none of my prior recordings appear on my TV however they are available online to stream. How do I get the recordings to sync with my TV?

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR

The recordings that physically resided on your old DVR are gone.

You can watch recordings from the cloud but the recordings do not download or copy to your DVR. They stay in the cloud.

Unless you delete any and all recordings and start over, your DVR and cloud recordings will never match.

I just replaced my DVR so I am in the same boat. The cloud has more recordings than the physical DVR does. My issue is the picture quality of cloud playback is really poor and the sound quality is simple stereo. I plan to delete all of the cloud only recordings and keep only the recordings on the DVR as well as the cloud.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Sync DVR. You will only see the last 60 hours recorded.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

coobuss1 wrote:

My previous box was destroyed in a fire & I got new one but none of my prior recordings appear on my TV however they are available online to stream. How do I get the recordings to sync with my TV?

Any recordings that aren't in the cloud can't be recovered.  If they are available in On Demand, you can get them there.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

The recordings that physically resided on your old DVR are gone.

You can watch recordings from the cloud but the recordings do not download or copy to your DVR. They stay in the cloud.

Unless you delete any and all recordings and start over, your DVR and cloud recordings will never match.

I just replaced my DVR so I am in the same boat. The cloud has more recordings than the physical DVR does. My issue is the picture quality of cloud playback is really poor and the sound quality is simple stereo. I plan to delete all of the cloud only recordings and keep only the recordings on the DVR as well as the cloud.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation