Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR is not recording the buffered portion of a live program

Regular Visitor

DVR is not recording the buffered portion of a live program

Withing the past few days, my X1 DVR is no longer recording the portion of a live program that has buffered before I hit "record". This has never previously been a problem, and I have not changed any settings or equipment.

Here is an example of the current problem: When I am watching a show for 12 minutes, I decide to hit "Record". The recording begins. However, the DVR only records from that minute forward until the end. It is no longer recording the entire show (even though I haven't changed the channel since the actual start-time of the show). 

The feature of "recording a show while it's playing" has worked for as long as I've used DVRs (many models over the years). Comcast even says it works on most DVRs (and it has always worked for me... see this page http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/recording-an-in-progress-program-from-the-begi... )

I have tried restarting the DVR (including powering down, unplugging, and powering back up). I only have 1 DVR.

Is this a change to the X1? If so, why would that great functionality be removed?

Service Expert

Re: DVR is not recording the buffered portion of a live program

Ember2323 wrote:

Withing the past few days, my X1 DVR is no longer recording the portion of a live program that has buffered before I hit "record". This has never previously been a problem, and I have not changed any settings or equipment.

Here is an example of the current problem: When I am watching a show for 12 minutes, I decide to hit "Record". The recording begins. However, the DVR only records from that minute forward until the end. It is no longer recording the entire show (even though I haven't changed the channel since the actual start-time of the show). 

The feature of "recording a show while it's playing" has worked for as long as I've used DVRs (many models over the years). Comcast even says it works on most DVRs (and it has always worked for me... see this page http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/recording-an-in-progress-program-from-the-begi... )

I have tried restarting the DVR (including powering down, unplugging, and powering back up). I only have 1 DVR.

Is this a change to the X1? If so, why would that great functionality be removed?

it has been reported but so far a Comcast person has not responded. I just got a firmware update 2.0..12s1 still on 1.50.05 and just did a test, and no the buffer wasn't picked up not even one minute of it. (x1 DVR). Hopefully one of the comcasters will see this and tell us they are passing it on. I don't know if it is a firmware issue or an xre-server version issue.

edit: tested on two pace blueie DVRs

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Just tested every single way of recording from the buffer. No issue here..
Service Expert

I will attempt to test this tonight, 2.0p12s1 and XRE 150.05 as well on (2) XG1-A's....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Here are more details I meant to put in my initial post:
Release version: XRE.50P5
Server version: 1.50.05 from 3/9/3015
XRE Protocol: 2.8.0
Regular Visitor

One more detail:
STB Version: PX001An_2.0p10s1_PROD_HYBse
Service Expert

I did my comparison last night...on 2.0p12s1 and XRE 150.05 and I also experienced the same as being reported....   very peculiar.....   I don't know for sure, but could swear this wasn't an issue 9 months ago....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

I used the Guide to start a recording halfway into a one-hour program.  After the recording ended, I went to Saved Recordings and the program was recorded from the time I started it to the end.

I have two DVR's, so I have no way to know which one recorded the show.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  No recording of the buffered time.  My box hasn't accomplished this since I got it.  

The other problem mine is having is not holding On Demand recordings.  If I'm watching something using On Demand and pause the box long enough that the screen saver comes on when I come back to it the recording is not there for me to resume.  I have to start the show over from the beginning.

Parts of the guide text for the show titles are overlapped also... very strange.

Release Version: xappl--XRE.50P8

XRE Server Version: 1.50.08 03/19/2015 11:02

XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0

STB Version: PX013AN_2.0p13s1_PROD_HYBse

New Poster

Same issue here the technitian replaced the DVR to fix the problem and no solution, this is new and annoying the DVR behave more like VCR/Betamax not buffered portion of the show is recorded
Most Valued Poster

Thank Goodness its not just me. I have started recording shows after the start  for years and now....no buffer. I use it a lot to record news programs when my husband is not available when I see a topic I know he would enjoy.  Imagine his surprise when the shows are not recorded and guess who gets blamed for 'cockpit error'?  This is just another exampe of useful function Comcast has determined we don't need. Guess they feel we only need one method to capture an entire show.... set the DVR ahead of time. 

Its getting to be a really bad habit that when they add something they 'think' we need they take something away that we  actually use. Every single update they do these days creates havoc.  Its like there is finite  list of functions so when one is added one has to be removed .

Now if we could just get someone's attention to find out why they removed it. Can't wait to hear their logic just like with the removal of slo mo in both directions, frame by frame, sports app, font options.....yadda yadda yadda.

Most Valued Poster

geek46 wrote:

I did my comparison last night...on 2.0p12s1 and XRE 150.05 and I also experienced the same as being reported....   very peculiar.....   I don't know for sure, but could swear this wasn't an issue 9 months ago....

-=Ray=-

Ray, this mess only started a short time ago. I strongly suspect it was right after a weekend update. I use  buffer recording a lot on  Sunday morning news shows while hubby sleeps in.

Service Expert

TerriB wrote:

Ray, this mess only started a short time ago. I strongly suspect it was right after a weekend update. I use  buffer recording a lot on  Sunday morning news shows while hubby sleeps in.

Hi TerriB,

Inbetween surf fishing and a concert last night, I was able to give it a shot.... and YES.... it IS happening on 2.0p14s1 with XRE 151.04 on both of my XG1-A's...

Hmmmmm.... strange I never noticed it before!!!!

Comcastic..... you gotta' love 'em !!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

Suppossed to be 'fixed' with 2.0p15s1 whenever that is. Wish someone from Comcast would have responded with that info. I got it from another thread.

Most Valued Poster

geek46 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Hi TerriB,

Inbetween surf fishing and a concert last night, I was able to give it a shot.... and YES.... it IS happening on 2.0p14s1 with XRE 151.04 on both of my XG1-A's...

Hmmmmm.... strange I never noticed it before!!!!

Comcastic..... you gotta' love 'em !!!!

-=Ray=-

Ray, I wish I had been fishing and yelling at  a concert!

Regular Visitor

I managed to speak to an X1 technical expert.

The feature that used to record the buffered portion of a live program was removed when Xfinity aligned their cloud based services.

Traditional DVR has a HD that stored the buffered program until you hit record.

In the X1 system - the buffered portion is in the cloud.

So now after Xfinity realigned their services to be compatible for all devices, saving the buffered portion of a show was removed.

No word on when they will address this

Regular Visitor

I too contacted technical support and they did inform me that the feature that used to record the buffered portion of a live program was removed. They claimed it was causing errors for them. This is definately a downgrade in the service we receive from Comcast and I am not happy about it.

Most Valued Poster

OMG guys...that is TERRIBLE news. I wonder when they removed the buffering feature? I didn't have the problem until recently and have no idea if and when I went on the cloud where I live. I have a real hard time accepting the rationale that buffering was creating problems for THEM so they got rid of it? Really? What about the customers who pay up the wazoo for service. Buffering for recording live tv was a great benefit. I hope you pushed back hard.

Service Expert

I have my doubts Comcast can record the buffer as long as they use cloud.  But I could be wrong.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I even tried this...

As the X1 DVR has the ability to buffer a program - I would rewind to the begining of the show - then hit record.  Even that didn't work.  Recordings only take effect in real time (when the record button is pressed).

I am not a software person by any means - but if the X1 DVR can "rewind" to the begining of the buffered portion (even it it's in the cloud), surely they can figure out a way to transfer the content to a "saved" or recorded program.

What I was told - most shows (not all) are available "on demand" so that in some cases - one can watch the missing part at a later date

Contributor

I will miss this feature too...  Sometimes I will be watching a show or movie and like 10 minutes in, I will think, "This is actually a good show and my kids or wife would want to watch it tomorrow".  That sort of thing.  It used to work where if you were watching it, you could hit record and you'd have that prior 10 minutes too.  I thought it was a good feature.

Now I guess you just need to find upcoming show times and record that or hope it's On Demand.

Service Expert

new555 wrote:

I will miss this feature too...  Sometimes I will be watching a show or movie and like 10 minutes in, I will think, "This is actually a good show and my kids or wife would want to watch it tomorrow".  That sort of thing.  It used to work where if you were watching it, you could hit record and you'd have that prior 10 minutes too.  I thought it was a good feature.

Now I guess you just need to find upcoming show times and record that or hope it's On Demand.

Me too.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

wallace1297 wrote:

I even tried this...

As the X1 DVR has the ability to buffer a program - I would rewind to the begining of the show - then hit record.  Even that didn't work.  Recordings only take effect in real time (when the record button is pressed).

I am not a software person by any means - but if the X1 DVR can "rewind" to the begining of the buffered portion (even it it's in the cloud), surely they can figure out a way to transfer the content to a "saved" or recorded program.

What I was told - most shows (not all) are available "on demand" so that in some cases - one can watch the missing part at a later date

Good idea to try what you tried...kudos and too bad it didn't work.  The  user gurus on these forums have had to come up with so many workarounds when Comcast removes things that its just pitiful.  Buffering live tv is one of the advertised perks of Xfinity...so much for that !  I totally agree....if it can be rewound with cloud buffering then they should be able to transfer to recorded. So sorry it creates problems for THEM.......NOT!

The news programs I used to do a lot of record buffering for my husband for are NOT On Demand. The pain of the FF process On Demand would be horrific for shows when trying to get to one specific segment. This is just ridiculous.

Most Valued Poster

RobertWy wrote:

new555 wrote:

Me too.

Amen Robert!  I think they are pushing us to us On Demand more and more and if so then they need to make it easier to FF and RW.

New Poster

As far as FF and RW for ON Demand content that disables it, you can still use you're page up and page down buttons to move forward and backwards. It can be 5 min or 30 seconds depending on whether you choose on the number pad 0030 or 0500 after hitting "exit" three times. 

I too was pretty bummed that recording the buffered content has disappeared as I used to come home and turn on the TV and find a show I'd wanted to see in progress and would be able to record the whole thing etc. Hope they can figure out a way to restore the feature.

Most Valued Poster

Skoora70 wrote:

As far as FF and RW for ON Demand content that disables it, you can still use you're page up and page down buttons to move forward and backwards. It can be 5 min or 30 seconds depending on whether you choose on the number pad 0030 or 0500 after hitting "exit" three times. 

I too was pretty bummed that recording the buffered content has disappeared as I used to come home and turn on the TV and find a show I'd wanted to see in progress and would be able to record the whole thing etc. Hope they can figure out a way to restore the feature.

We use the 30 second FF but then sometimes it goes too far and have to back up. RW works 'normally' On Demand but its more 'work' than it needs to be.

They are not likely to put the buffer function back since it is creating problems for THEM! What about us?

New Poster

Unbelievable.  I called Comcast tonight to see why i couldn't record an entire show from the start, after 30 minutes of watching it. they had no idea. opened up a ticket for me. sigh.  then they can't figure out why i can't download any of the shows i've dvrd on to any of my devices.  sigh.  i want to be able to record from the moment i started watching the show, even if i forget to hit record until 5 minutes before the show is over. You get the cloud, you lose the buffer.  just outright unbelievable.

New Poster

This topic is the whole reason I searched the forums tonight!! 

This makes me very annoyed!!

Our family often will see a show and think another family member would enjoy it. 

Half the stuff my kids want to see are not On Demand or they are charging per episode!! 

What does everyone suggest we do?  Is there somehwere we make formal complaints??!!

Frequent Visitor

I'll also chime in w/re to the non-existent x1 buffering issue. this was a pretty well used feature in our home as well.....to be able to go back 10-15 mins of a show you had just missed prior to tuning in.....not to mention being able to record that missed portion. IMO, you can't call something "new & improved" or "a better experience" if a popular/well used feature is no longer available.  Comcast is simply taking something away while hoping folks either wont notice previous features which are now msising, or, simply be so happy w/the new x1 features that they feel it's a decent trade-off.....I'm definitely NOT one of those customers. To me, to be able to say the x1 platform is better, or improved from what we had before (Legacy DVR for us), it should be able to perform ALL previous features of the older dvr platforms. Evidently Comcast doesn't think as such otherwise such a wonderful feature as buffering would have surely been included on the x1.  Hopefully if enough folks speak up & push back on this buffering issue, the Comcast techie's will be able to figure out a way to bring it back & include it in one of their firmware updates.  Just seems to me the x1 platform isn't all they say it is....I think they rushed this platform to market w/the hopes it'd be a decent answer to the competition's multi-room systems....systems for which are far more reasonable.....not to mention stable.  Verizon (or whoever is behind it) really needs to get their Fios into a wider release. From all I've been hearing (Nor Cal...south bay/San Jose region) Fios should be giving x1 a good run for their money.  A good/stable broadband platform that also includes cell phone service.....so pretty much the high speed bundle of all bundles.  This is exactly what comcast needs imo....some decent high speed competition to light a fire under their hiney's.     

Most Valued Poster

gotpizza wrote:
Just tested every single way of recording from the buffer. No issue here..

Seriously? You can record 'on the fly' and get the show from the beginning and not from the spot you started the recording? How can that be since Comcast has admitted they took the function away as it was causing them problems (that still makes me fume). Screw the cloud...they should NOT have deployed it until they can include buffer for 'normal' recording. This is 10 steps backwards.

Regular Visitor

This is one of the most ridiculous issues i have ever seen. I am new to Xfinity and assumed that this feature - which is available on Uverse - must have never existed. To find out that it was removed to make Comcast's life easier was initially shocking, but is becoming less so with each of my intercations with them...

Also, it won't let me follow this thread :-(

Service Expert

Benskyrme wrote:

Also, it won't let me follow this thread :-(

Did you try using the Subscribe option at the top of the page?

I have my personal settings to subscribe to any thread I reply to.  That's really not a good idea. <g>

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Complain and complain loudly. Start a chat with each of these technicians and copy and past the URL to this forum and force them to look at it. It just screams loudly that Comcast technicians do not know how to fix a problem. Their solution is to take the feature away!!!

New Poster

I too have the same problem! We have had comcast and a dvr since they first came out and have never had this issue. We have X1 for a year now and just notice this starting the past few weeks.

New Poster

I have this same problem, which I first noticed about the same time that the OP indicated. I also noticed that my X1 used to buffer the tuned channel while I watched a DVR recording or On Demand program, and this feature was also removed. It seems to me that Comcast made this change intentionally to conserve bandwidth, and for the rate they're charging, I'm livid about the reduction in service. To be honest, there's little about the X1 platform that I found to be an improvement over the older box we had, and I'm still annoyed that Comcast forced us to change it. Perhaps this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, insofar as Comcast TV and I are concerned. Cloud schmoud!
Contributor

malione wrote:
I have this same problem, which I first noticed about the same time that the OP indicated. I also noticed that my X1 used to buffer the tuned channel while I watched a DVR recording or On Demand program, and this feature was also removed. It seems to me that Comcast made this change intentionally to conserve bandwidth, and for the rate they're charging, I'm livid about the reduction in service. To be honest, there's little about the X1 platform that I found to be an improvement over the older box we had, and I'm still annoyed that Comcast forced us to change it. Perhaps this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, insofar as Comcast TV and I are concerned. Cloud schmoud!

Malione, I don't think the buffer handling is a direct result of cloud support. My understanding is that the buffer is stored or cached on the local hard disk of the dvr and not in comcast's cloud so bandwidth isn't an issue. Comcast simply coded it out with the 2.0 updates either on purpose or accidentally. It shouldn't be a problem to keep the buffer intact and include it in recordings as it used to pre 2.0. For me, the buffer is preserved when watching a recorded program but is flushed when returning from on demand content. And the buffered portion of a program is never recorded since 2.0. What's funny is that I can be halfway through a show, hit record and it only records from the time I hit the button. I can then watch that recording for a bit, exit out to live tv where that show is still in the buffer and rewind to before the recording started. It's still in the buffer, but you can't save it. Code issue, not architectural issue, imho.

Most Valued Poster

kevin_and_staci wrote:

malione wrote:

Malione, I don't think the buffer handling is a direct result of cloud support. My understanding is that the buffer is stored or cached on the local hard disk of the dvr and not in comcast's cloud so bandwidth isn't an issue. Comcast simply coded it out with the 2.0 updates either on purpose or accidentally. It shouldn't be a problem to keep the buffer intact and include it in recordings as it used to pre 2.0. For me, the buffer is preserved when watching a recorded program but is flushed when returning from on demand content. And the buffered portion of a program is never recorded since 2.0. What's funny is that I can be halfway through a show, hit record and it only records from the time I hit the button. I can then watch that recording for a bit, exit out to live tv where that show is still in the buffer and rewind to before the recording started. It's still in the buffer, but you can't save it. Code issue, not architectural issue, imho.

Comcast cust service told a user that the recordig buffer was causing them cloud issues so they removed it and there were no plans to put it back so in my mind it was done on purpose. I agree if the recording buffer is on the DVR then it has no effect on the cloud. I cannot imagine any logical reason for removing this loved and used feature but then again...its GONE and not one Comcast rep will come on this thread to comment or tell us anything. Its another function they have taken away and it makes me sick. They keep adding 'gee whiz' and taking away actual user friendly and useful features. Recording buffering has been a blessing for us for over a year.

Contributor

on the x1 , the buffer is only on the tuner that is setup as the dedicated live tv tuner.  the 4 other tuners do not have buffering ability, as they are not accessable to the dvr viewer directly.  while watching a show via the dedicated live tuner, and you decide to record the program, the dvr will then assign the channel to be recorded to the first available recording tuner and begin to record. as there is no longer any buffers assigned to the recording tuners, it will begin to record the channel stream from that moment it is assigned.  hope that clears it up.

this also another reason, there is no longer a swap tuner funtion on the x1 platform.

this was how it was explained to me:

tuner #1  assigned as Live user cable tv viewing.  not recorable

tuner #2  assigned for OnD, steamflix and other viewing  ---varies by market if recordable

tuner #3  DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

tuner #4 DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

tuner #5 DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

tuner #6 DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

again, I hope this helps..

its not a perfect world, but I am glad to have the x1 ar multi dvr+cloud services.  ts been great so far, heck of a lot better then Iguide legacy systems.

Service Expert

Hmm.  6 tuners?  Maybe that explains some things I've seen.  I thought there were 4 tuners for recording.  And I've seen comments that there is an unused tuner in the DVR.  Maybe it's used after all?  Anyone know?

Thanks for that info, scan-pa.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

I have had X1 for over a year and was just in my newly moved and updated cust svc center. They were demonstrating the features and I overheard....4 tuners for recording and one to watch live tv. Just like RoberWy I read somewhere on the forums that there is another unused tuner but never ever heard '6'.

Contributor

scan-pa wrote:

on the x1 , the buffer is only on the tuner that is setup as the dedicated live tv tuner.  the 4 other tuners do not have buffering ability, as they are not accessable to the dvr viewer directly.  while watching a show via the dedicated live tuner, and you decide to record the program, the dvr will then assign the channel to be recorded to the first available recording tuner and begin to record. as there is no longer any buffers assigned to the recording tuners, it will begin to record the channel stream from that moment it is assigned.  hope that clears it up.

this also another reason, there is no longer a swap tuner funtion on the x1 platform.

this was how it was explained to me:

tuner #1  assigned as Live user cable tv viewing.  not recorable

tuner #2  assigned for OnD, steamflix and other viewing  ---varies by market if recordable

tuner #3  DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

tuner #4 DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

tuner #5 DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

tuner #6 DVR recording / DVR playback / sat box live stream feed

again, I hope this helps..

its not a perfect world, but I am glad to have the x1 ar multi dvr+cloud services.  ts been great so far, heck of a lot better then Iguide legacy systems.

Scan-pa, how did this work prior to the 2.0 firmware update when the buffer was recordable? With the 1.3x f/w in January it worked just fine. 

Contributor

it has to do with the future plans for cloud dvr interface code.   thats all i know.  that explains why the new gen of boxes.  Xi3 and xi4 boxes have there own mem card to allow buffering of live tv, by using one of the xg1 hub stb 4 recordable tuners.

i have 3 pace xg1 dvrs and 1 pace xi3 slave box....    in the x1 AR multi dvr MoCa networked whole house system.  it is great.

I agree it is wierd not being able to pause 1 sport and swap tuners to another live sport, and back and forth, but i can kinda still do that with 2 xg1 dvrs in my living room....  lol

Most Valued Poster

Scan-pa's explanation leaves me cold.  Recording buffer did indeed work just find until 2.0 and  hearing about new boxes or cloud interfaces in the future is not the issue. If it worked before 2.0 then they should have left it ALONE while doing whatever for the next gen of boxes. There is no excuse for taking it away when it worked just fine especially if its going to be a feature on next gen boxes. New gen could take YEARS. Recording  buffer is a necessity not a gee whiz. Comcast brags about 'live tv this and live tv that' and then they took away on the best features of 'live tv' interaction. Ridiculous.

Regular Visitor

When the technicians that work for a company do not possess the knowledge/expertise to resolve problems/issues causing problems with functionality, they simply take the functionality away (as Comcast did).  The Comcast technicians should be ashamed that they could not come up with a solution to the problem.  A company is only as good as the technicians working for it.  Enough said???

Service Expert

Jerry,

Isn't that speculation on your part?

Regards,

Robert

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

Jerry1951 wrote:

When the technicians that work for a company do not possess the knowledge/expertise to resolve problems/issues causing problems with functionality, they simply take the functionality away (as Comcast did).  The Comcast technicians should be ashamed that they could not come up with a solution to the problem.  A company is only as good as the technicians working for it.  Enough said???

Sad isn't it with all the tech talent looking for work

Regular Visitor

Not at all Robert… I retired from working as an information Technology technician after 25 years in the business. When a piece of software stopped working we had to figure out what caused the issue and resolve it.  We never took the functionality of the software away. This is exactly what Comcast did.  This speaks volumes to me about the ability of the technicians working at Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I agree 100% TerriB

Contributor

scan-pa wrote:

it has to do with the future plans for cloud dvr interface code.   thats all i know.  that explains why the new gen of boxes.  Xi3 and xi4 boxes have there own mem card to allow buffering of live tv, by using one of the xg1 hub stb 4 recordable tuners.

i have 3 pace xg1 dvrs and 1 pace xi3 slave box....    in the x1 AR multi dvr MoCa networked whole house system.  it is great.

I agree it is wierd not being able to pause 1 sport and swap tuners to another live sport, and back and forth, but i can kinda still do that with 2 xg1 dvrs in my living room....  lol

Scan-pa, I think you are making some assumptions on how comcast is/will be using cloud technology with current dvrs. Initial recording will always be local on these boxes. Since the bits are on the hard drive already in the buffer, there is no technical reason they can't be included in the recording for playback. Instead they are ignored with the current f/w. It doesn't matter what tuner is assigned what recording. Cloud is just an excuse for poor coding. Comcast made the decision to focus on new functionality instead of preserving existing and so far are unwilling to "fix" it. Lets not kid ourselves and say cloud technology and recording the buffer are mutually exclusive. 

If I am wrong about how the cloud and current x1 dvrs work, please post the specs. I'm very interested. I've spoken to many, many techs at comcast and none of them had a clue.

Gold Problem Solver

I am not sure but personally I don't think this issue has anything to do with Cloud DVR. I think this issue has something to do with Xi3 compatibility and functionality.

My market does not have Cloud DVR and I have no interest in the Xi3. But when I consider the timing of these events I think it has more to do with Xi3 tuner usage and less to do with Cloud DVR.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More