Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

DVR box not working

Contributor

DVR box not working

For the second night in a row I have had issues with one of my DVR boxes. It starts by saying it cannot tune to a channel, then locks up where I cannot choose anything. I unplug the box and plug it back in and it gets hung up on the 'Welcome' screen. I contacted chat support last night and they seemed to have fixed the issue but tonight they haven't. Not sure what is going on. Bummer considering I just paid my bill. Chat rep said they can get a tech out here in 3 days. That is ridiculous considering I don't want to be without TV for that long and it isn't like we live in the boonies. I have never had an issue with a tech not being able to come out the next day.

Expert

Re: DVR box not working

@theaircobra wrote:

For the second night in a row I have had issues with one of my DVR boxes. It starts by saying it cannot tune to a channel, then locks up where I cannot choose anything. I unplug the box and plug it back in and it gets hung up on the 'Welcome' screen. I contacted chat support last night and they seemed to have fixed the issue but tonight they haven't. Not sure what is going on. Bummer considering I just paid my bill. Chat rep said they can get a tech out here in 3 days. That is ridiculous considering I don't want to be without TV for that long and it isn't like we live in the boonies. I have never had an issue with a tech not being able to come out the next day.

sorry to hear of the 3 day delay. if you have a lap/desktop or smart device your service includes streaming of your subscribed package in your home free of charge (data doesn't count)