Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

DVR Service is Completely Unreliable

Regular Visitor

DVR Service is Completely Unreliable

I'm on my 4th different X1 box now and none of them have made a difference. The DVR service is completely unreliable. It loses recordings at random; playback stops at random times and won't proceed beyond a random point although you can see that the recording had continued; programs will not play back that were fully recorded just the day before. Face it; the DVR service is worthy of a class action lawsuit. The sad thing is it's been this way for a very long time and you're obviously doing nothing to fix it. That's why people hate your company and think Comcast is a third rate corporation.
Expert

Re: DVR Service is Completely Unreliable

@AC88 wrote:
I'm on my 4th different X1 box now and none of them have made a difference. The DVR service is completely unreliable. It loses recordings at random; playback stops at random times and won't proceed beyond a random point although you can see that the recording had continued; programs will not play back that were fully recorded just the day before. Face it; the DVR service is worthy of a class action lawsuit. The sad thing is it's been this way for a very long time and you're obviously doing nothing to fix it. That's why people hate your company and think Comcast is a third rate corporation.

I have three DVR's and they have worked as advertised.  I suspect you are in an area where there are issues outside your control like bad wiring to your residence.  Are you in an apartment?