Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cost for X1 Upgrade ?

Regular Visitor

Cost for X1 Upgrade ?

I received a promo email that allows me to get the X1 equipment via a self-install with no upgrade fee.

Can anyone tell me if there are other costs associated with the upgrade? There is very little info in the messaging and trying to figure out comcast fees through the website is impossible.

If I go through with a self install, am I going to ve asked for more $$$$  each month?

Tags (2)
Service Expert

Re: Cost for X1 Upgrade ?

It's possible.  When I upgraded to X1 two years ago, I agreed to a two-year contract.  When the contract expired last month, my bill went up $20/month.

Also, if you don't presently had HD service, there will be an additional charge for it - mine is $9.95/mo.

And if you have more than one device., upgrading those devices will cost more per month.

And there could be other charges.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

In my area, Comcast has a promo going on right now that waives the upgrade and self install fees, and the monthly rates are the same too as the legacy equipment. So the only thing that you would pay for is having both sets of boxes for the few days that you have both sets of boxes.

Silver Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

It's possible.  When I upgraded to X1 two years ago, I agreed to a two-year contract.  When the contract expired last month, my bill went up $20/month.That would be seperate than just upgrading to X1, that's rebundling, too.

Also, if you don't presently had HD service, there will be an additional charge for it - mine is $9.95/mo. I have a few friends that have X1 non-DVRs and are not being charged HD fee

And if you have more than one device., upgrading those devices will cost more per month. Only if it's upgrading a DTA to an X1 box, otherwise, the costs are the same.

And there could be other charges.

Of course there's always those one off customrs who's account is currently coded in a way that will change the monthly fees when upgrading to X1, (usually just losing a discount on the DVR)

You should really just call Comcast so they can look at your account and tell you.

New Poster

Comcast greedily charges $5.95/mo calling it "X1 Platform Upgrade Fee"

This is in addition to the following monthly charges: $9.95 (HD Technology Fee), 

$10 (AnyRoom DVR), $9.95 (Additional Outlet Digital Converter)

I look forward to the day when I cancel Comcast

Problem Solver

superstariz wrote:

Never heard of this before.

Silver Problem Solver

scjohnson312 wrote:

superstariz wrote:

Never heard of this before.

Ditto.

X1 upgrade fee is not monthly, it's a one time charge of 19.99, which is waived as part of the promo that Comcast has going on. Also there's a $10 self install kit fee, also waived.

Regular Visitor

Ok, thanks for the comments. Given my experiences with them I have no expectation that this will occur without hassle & multple calls to support. At least they are consistent in that regard.

Contributor

I'm not sure if you already went about upgrading. I got the same email in July and went through with the upgrade. There was no charge at all. I got X1 boxes for all of my TVs included in the order and an XB3 modem. Before I received tracking, Comcast knocked on my door letting me know they'd install a filter outside. It also made my AnyRoom DVR free, (usually $7.99). I got a couple emails saying I'd be charged $9.95 for SIK and $230 for ETF, but they were a glitch. Hope this helps. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation