Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Continuing Comcast X1 TV pixilation problems and screen freezing

Regular Visitor

Continuing Comcast X1 TV pixilation problems and screen freezing

I am having continual problems with X1 TV picture pixilating and freezing.  This occurs on ESPN channels, NESN, NBCSN, etc. and I am sure on others that I don't watch.  Probelm is worse in the evenings but can happen anytime. Problem started about a year ago and I had a service technician visit.  He confirmed signals were low but all he did was swap out the cable box and that did not solve the problem.  Problem was not so bad in the fall but then this winter it started back up again.  Called customer support and they sent a technician to check outside connections and scheduled a followed up home service visit.  When technican arrived at my house he immediately said this was a known problem and he could not fix it.  He said outside connections looked good.  Said they knew about it last summer and then it went away so they hoped it was gone but now it had come back and they were getting a lot of complaints.  He confirmed signals were low and swapped cable box and said when it gets real bad to watch in standard defintion.  NOT what I am paying over $250/month for!  Problem occurs on 2 different TVs with different cable boxes.  I can't understand why this has not been fixed when it is a known problem that has existed for over a year.  I responded to the recent survey that specifically asked about pixilation problems, etc. which further confirms this is a known problem and is not something to do with connections, etc. in my house.  Please help.  I have never seriously considered switching to FIOS but if this problem is not fixed soon I may have to.

I seem to have some erratic internet issues too where I will briefly lose internet.  Did a spped check and download rate is in the 50's and upload rate in the 5's.

Expert

Re: Continuing Comcast X1 TV pixilation problems and screen freezing

@ddshepard wrote:

I am having continual problems with X1 TV picture pixilating and freezing.  This occurs on ESPN channels, NESN, NBCSN, etc. and I am sure on others that I don't watch.  Probelm is worse in the evenings but can happen anytime. Problem started about a year ago and I had a service technician visit.  He confirmed signals were low but all he did was swap out the cable box and that did not solve the problem.  Problem was not so bad in the fall but then this winter it started back up again.  Called customer support and they sent a technician to check outside connections and scheduled a followed up home service visit.  When technican arrived at my house he immediately said this was a known problem and he could not fix it.  He said outside connections looked good.  Said they knew about it last summer and then it went away so they hoped it was gone but now it had come back and they were getting a lot of complaints.  He confirmed signals were low and swapped cable box and said when it gets real bad to watch in standard defintion.  NOT what I am paying over $250/month for!  Problem occurs on 2 different TVs with different cable boxes.  I can't understand why this has not been fixed when it is a known problem that has existed for over a year.  I responded to the recent survey that specifically asked about pixilation problems, etc. which further confirms this is a known problem and is not something to do with connections, etc. in my house.  Please help.  I have never seriously considered switching to FIOS but if this problem is not fixed soon I may have to.

I seem to have some erratic internet issues too where I will briefly lose internet.  Did a spped check and download rate is in the 50's and upload rate in the 5's.

what you describe is not what I've seen when an in-house technician arrives. they come in with their 'box' and connect to the outlets and the box scans each television frequency looking for issues that for example will cause pixelation. there is no 'known' problem unless perhaps it is a note (your area connected to the same Comcast external (to your home) equipment. If that doesn't sound like the type of tech you have had in your home you might call in to 800-Comcast and ask for an in-house Comcast technician.

Regular Visitor

I did have an in-house technician at my house.  But right away he said the problem was not on my end that he could not fix and that many other people are having the same problem and complaining.   He did evaluate my signals and confirmed they were faulty. That is why I (and the techician) say it is a problem that Comcast is aware of and has not yet fixed.  

Expert

@ddshepard wrote:

I did have an in-house technician at my house.  But right away he said the problem was not on my end that he could not fix and that many other people are having the same problem and complaining.   He did evaluate my signals and confirmed they were faulty. That is why I (and the techician) say it is a problem that Comcast is aware of and has not yet fixed.  

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

Thank You!

Official Employee

ddshepard, let's check out the root issue that causes the pixelation. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.