Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,666,581

members

68

online now

1,837,998

discussions

Back to Top

Constant error code XRE03061 Program Freezes

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 22
3,790 Views

Does anyone else constantly have the issue of there program freezing up then error code SRE 03061 come up on the screen?  This has been happening for weeks and all I'm told is unplug and let it system reset.  It happens everyday and mostly at night(tv is not on during the day).

21 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 22
3,725 Views

Charmedmermaid1 wrote:

Does anyone else constantly have the issue of there program freezing up then error code SRE 03061 come up on the screen?  This has been happening for weeks and all I'm told is unplug and let it system reset.  It happens everyday and mostly at night(tv is not on during the day).


XRE03061:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-03061/

 

You most likely have signal issues which can be repaired if you get a TECH out to your residence...

If you don't want to wait, you can go into Diagnostics and post your Upstream Power Level, Downstream Power Level and SNR here and others can view and comment on them.

To get to Diagnostics, press EXIT button for 3 seconds, then the down arrow twice, then the number 2.   Arrow down to SYSTEM and then DOCSIS.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 22
3,555 Views

I too have this issue.  Downstream power -.4 dBmV. Downstream SNR. 40.8 TenthdB. Upstream power. 51.2 TenthdBMV

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 22
3,553 Views

Iplaygolf13 wrote:

I too have this issue.  Downstream power -.4 dBmV. Downstream SNR. 40.8 TenthdB. Upstream power. 51.2 TenthdBMV


Your Upstream Power is too high!  You need a TECH onsite to evaluate and repair that issue.

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 22
3,396 Views

What are acceptable downstream and upstream power levels? Also SNR? I am reading downstream 6.7 dBmv, upstream 49.0 tent dBmv with SNR 43.3. Freeze occurs mainly on one channel and usually from 8 PM to 11 PM. Rarely at any other time or channel.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 22
3,386 Views

johnlucas1 wrote:

What are acceptable downstream and upstream power levels? Also SNR? I am reading downstream 6.7 dBmv, upstream 49.0 tent dBmv with SNR 43.3. Freeze occurs mainly on one channel and usually from 8 PM to 11 PM. Rarely at any other time or channel.


Your numbers are in spec...  if this is occurring on one channel it is more than likely a frequency issue ...something is interfering with the frequency that this channel is being delivered on....  You will need a Tech onsite to diganose and make repairs.

 

-=Ray=-



The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 7 of 22
3,373 Views

johnlucas1 wrote:

What are acceptable downstream and upstream power levels? Also SNR? I am reading downstream 6.7 dBmv, upstream 49.0 tent dBmv with SNR 43.3. Freeze occurs mainly on one channel and usually from 8 PM to 11 PM. Rarely at any other time or channel.


geek46's answer is correct. on another thread comcast said the signal levels should meet these numbers.

 

Upstream Transmit Power Level: 25 to 53 dBmV.
Downstream Receive Power Level: -8 to 10 dBmV.
Upstream Receive Power Level: -2 to 2 dBmV (technically should be as close to zero as possible)
Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): minimum of 35 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Individual Modem: minimum of 31 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Channel Average: minimum of 31 dB.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 8 of 22
2,844 Views

I have downstream frequency 681000000 htz

received power -7.9 dbmv

carrier lock operational

snr 36.5 tenthdB

 

upstream is 30100000 htz

power is 50.4

 

Any ideas??

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 22
2,842 Views

thermer wrote:

I have downstream frequency 681000000 htz

received power -7.9 dbmv

carrier lock operational

snr 36.5 tenthdB

 

upstream is 30100000 htz

power is 50.4

 

Any ideas??


You're barely in spec. Are you having issues? 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 10 of 22
2,803 Views

I had a tech out and he swapped out 2 splitters,  replaced a short length of outdated cable that a previous tech overlooked, changed a filter on the outside post and the freeze stopped. He said the signal strength was OK and could not explain why the freezing took place only on specific channels and during defined timeframes. He indicated this is a frequent problem and he just attacks any and all weak possible points just to start fresh. The next day I was told that I had an outdated modem and a replacement was sent. So far no more freezing but what a pain to get resolved.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 11 of 22
2,718 Views

I tightened my cables and the error went away.  I would suggest you try that first.  It didn't even occur to the tech on the phone...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 12 of 22
1,376 Views

I fI have to wait around fo rone more tech this year!  This is ridicluous

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 13 of 22
1,368 Views

Hello autismmom14,

I apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing. What is the nature of your issue?




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 14 of 22
726 Views

I have two error codes. XRE-03059 and XRE-03061 that pop up for a couple fo different channles. The 03059 is the most frequent. An it happens different times through out the day, mostly morning and sometimes all day on certain channels. It started in late October 2016.

 

Besides the frustrating upfront service of sending signals over and over, verification of who I am over and over as I am swittched to I finally got the number to call "Tier 3" to avoide the transfers. I will give Comcast credit however in trying to solve the issue. There has has 4 service trips to my home trying to figure out how to fix it. They replaced all of the X1 equipment, an amplirier three times, and checked all outside connections each time someone came out.

 

I talked to me nephew who was a Cheif Petty officer in the navy and took can of the radiar and other classifed electronics on an aircrat carrier and he said that what ever it is its not in my home after everything that has been done. He thinks that it has to be something he called "upstream" before the signal get to me. Of course he doesn't know for sure but things its probably a gound somewhere that isn't secure which interfers with the signal. I don't know and find it frustrating. Especially since it happens mostly on the one channel I watch the ost and premium channels in the middle of a movie or not being able to tune into a movie I wanted to see. 

 

I know this is a standard gripe but its true, I pay for a premium service that I don't receive and I just wish they could fix it once and for all.....

 

 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 15 of 22
722 Views

DER2 wrote:

I have two error codes. XRE-03059 and XRE-03061 that pop up for a couple fo different channles. The 03059 is the most frequent. An it happens different times through out the day, mostly morning and sometimes all day on certain channels. It started in late October 2016.

 

Besides the frustrating upfront service of sending signals over and over, verification of who I am over and over as I am swittched to I finally got the number to call "Tier 3" to avoide the transfers. I will give Comcast credit however in trying to solve the issue. There has has 4 service trips to my home trying to figure out how to fix it. They replaced all of the X1 equipment, an amplirier three times, and checked all outside connections each time someone came out.

 

I talked to me nephew who was a Cheif Petty officer in the navy and took can of the radiar and other classifed electronics on an aircrat carrier and he said that what ever it is its not in my home after everything that has been done. He thinks that it has to be something he called "upstream" before the signal get to me. Of course he doesn't know for sure but things its probably a gound somewhere that isn't secure which interfers with the signal. I don't know and find it frustrating. Especially since it happens mostly on the one channel I watch the ost and premium channels in the middle of a movie or not being able to tune into a movie I wanted to see. 

 

I know this is a standard gripe but its true, I pay for a premium service that I don't receive and I just wish they could fix it once and for all.....

 

 


It's a tuner issue but I have a question regarding the house wiring, what kind of amp? Do you have the same errors on all 5 of your boxes at the same time or is it specific boxes. Your upstream signal levels inside don't add up.

 

DVR 30dbmv

XG2 35dbmv

Modem 54 dbmv

Xid don't use the same levels

Unless there's multiple splitters in your house there shouldn't be a 20-25 difference between the three. 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 16 of 22
695 Views

Hi Andrew,

 

Yes, It happens on all TV's. I am not sure what type amp it is. It was installed by Comcast. The last man out was a specialist sent by Teir 3 and I was assured the was as good as they get. He changed the amp again, checked for noise on all the lines and checked every piece of equipement (which is all brand new up to date box's). I built the bouse 6 years ago and all the cabling goes through a single box and there are no splitters.

 

I just had one of the channels that I watch drop off with the 03059 code. I have read that other peoplr in my neighborhood have the same type issues but I don't know the specifics.  

 

Whatever it is, it's not in my house or the line outside. I don't know how many more techs can come out to find nothing here. I'm beginning to believe in gremlins......  

 

Thanks for paying attention to my post. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 17 of 22
691 Views

DER2 wrote:

Hi Andrew,

 

Yes, It happens on all TV's. I am not sure what type amp it is. It was installed by Comcast. The last man out was a specialist sent by Teir 3 and I was assured the was as good as they get. He changed the amp again, checked for noise on all the lines and checked every piece of equipement (which is all brand new up to date box's). I built the bouse 6 years ago and all the cabling goes through a single box and there are no splitters.

 

I just had one of the channels that I watch drop off with the 03059 code. I have read that other peoplr in my neighborhood have the same type issues but I don't know the specifics.  

 

Whatever it is, it's not in my house or the line outside. I don't know how many more techs can come out to find nothing here. I'm beginning to believe in gremlins......  

 

Thanks for paying attention to my post. 


I hate to tell you to have another tech out but I think you do. They are able to track a single channel's frequency and track down the cause of any deficiency ( it's impossible to check it remotely). Also to see why there's such a difference in those upstream levels especially if they are coming off an amp ( hopefully the right amp too).




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 18 of 22
107 Views
Upstream 60.8
Downstream -16.3
SNR 32.5
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 19 of 22
103 Views

The signal levels you posted are horrible. X1 will never work reliably with those signal levels.


Khomewo wrote:
Upstream 60.8
Downstream -16.3
SNR 32.5

 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 20 of 22
91 Views

Khomewo wrote:
Upstream 60.8
Downstream -16.3
SNR 32.5

Your modem is just as bad. Remove any extra splitters to give yourself more signal. If you can't, call in for a tech visit.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 21 of 22
74 Views

we have the same problem EVERY night when some one watches netflix on our main tv that has the DVR hooked to it. all of our other tv's freeze up. I assume we need to call for service?

 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 22 of 22
55 Views

9570Steve wrote:

we have the same problem EVERY night when some one watches netflix on our main tv that has the DVR hooked to it. all of our other tv's freeze up. I assume we need to call for service?

 


No guaratees, but yes.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon