Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Constant Pace PX001AMN Noise

Regular Visitor

Constant Pace PX001AMN Noise

Pace PX001ANM noise

Anyone with this model notice they are pretty noisy?

Just had my install this past weekend, and this DVR makes a constant drone/whine. Sounds like the noise the old hard drives used to make. I can easily hear it even when watching something at moderate volume. But it doesn't matter if it's on or off, it makes the same noise. It also runs very hot. I can see it is scratched, I believe it's the hard drive, through the vents. I can hear it running on the second floor of my home.

I see that this is a known issue and that this box was manufactured in 2015.

Can I get this replaced? I don't know how long I can live with this noise.
Service Expert

Re: Constant Pace PX001AMN Noise

mooshie123 wrote:
Pace PX001ANM noise

Anyone with this model notice they are pretty noisy?

Just had my install this past weekend, and this DVR makes a constant drone/whine. Sounds like the noise the old hard drives used to make. I can easily hear it even when watching something at moderate volume. But it doesn't matter if it's on or off, it makes the same noise. It also runs very hot. I can see it is scratched, I believe it's the hard drive, through the vents. I can hear it running on the second floor of my home.

I see that this is a known issue and that this box was manufactured in 2015.

Can I get this replaced? I don't know how long I can live with this noise.

yes it is the hard drive. Do you need any connector besides HDMI?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

No, I don't need any other connectors.

Also, I tested the loudness standing next to the DVR, it averaged 49 db's.
Service Expert

mooshie123 wrote:
No, I don't need any other connectors.

Also, I tested the loudness standing next to the DVR, it averaged 49 db's.

you will lose the recordings on that box when you swap it out (other than latest 60 hours that are still on the cloud DVR). When it is empty enough swap it for an Arris ver 1 or ver 2 but not ver 3 (fan noisy) or ver 4 latest and 4k capable. you will get 6 tuners too with the newer DVRs. Do you have companion set top boxes too? (if so check your model numbers with a reply - may be some suggestions for maximizing the tuners available for recording programs.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I do not have any companion set top boxes.

Do you know how best to get a positive response from comcast/xfinity? I'm concerned they won't be willing to swap out the Pace and give me an Arris. Or they won't be willing to swap dvr's at all. It's frustrating because I'm a new customer (to the television service) and the grinding/buzzing sounds started literally minutes after the tech left. Also, I can do the install myself at this point (I was moving to a new home and wanted a tech to do the gateway and DVR install because I knew that I'd be getting a new dvr and possibly a new gateway.) I already had a gateway, he gave me a newer one but didn't take my old one. I'm not sure why he didn't take it, but I guess I'll have to figure out how to return it. I'm not near a comcast store, but I heard I can take it to a ups store with my member id and they'll ship it back.

Anyway, maybe calling the c.s. person who set up the install at my new home can help me out. She gave me her direct phone extension, I'm hoping it's legit.

I wish I could've kept Direct TV at my new home...
Service Expert

mooshie123 wrote:
I do not have any companion set top boxes.

Do you know how best to get a positive response from comcast/xfinity? I'm concerned they won't be willing to swap out the Pace and give me an Arris. Or they won't be willing to swap dvr's at all. It's frustrating because I'm a new customer (to the television service) and the grinding/buzzing sounds started literally minutes after the tech left. Also, I can do the install myself at this point (I was moving to a new home and wanted a tech to do the gateway and DVR install because I knew that I'd be getting a new dvr and possibly a new gateway.) I already had a gateway, he gave me a newer one but didn't take my old one. I'm not sure why he didn't take it, but I guess I'll have to figure out how to return it. I'm not near a comcast store, but I heard I can take it to a ups store with my member id and they'll ship it back.

Anyway, maybe calling the c.s. person who set up the install at my new home can help me out. She gave me her direct phone extension, I'm hoping it's legit.

I wish I could've kept Direct TV at my new home...

when you go to the Comcast store they will swap it out for you without any problem. If they ask tell them the device is noisy and disturbing you. check the new model number to be sure it is an Arris DVR.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi mooshie123, 

If and when your ready, I'd be more than happy to get a new Arris DVR shipped to you. Just send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation