members

online now

discussions

Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

ANSWERED
Contributor

Re: YouTube not in full screen

Hi Daniel, 

I called into to the repair dept. this morning and when I turned on my set it was working again. Been out since last Sunday night. Anyway I mentioned what you had said regarding the us to be able to clean the cookies out of the cache but they said that was not the problem. They still go with bug or bugs in the coding story. Who knows. Anyway since the roll out of September 12th., I had the app. working for only 10 days including today. We shall see if this fix is a stable one. I like hardware but I hate software.

Contributor

Hey, just now I did the voice command "Youtube" on my living room big tv and a mostly gray YouTube screen appeared.  At least that's a change of color. :-)  Geez. 

Regular Visitor

They managed to change the splash screen yet can't fix the App.

Unbelievable.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Netflix and YouTube do not launch on my X1 boxes

RNG150?

I received a response from Comcast Tech that there's a known issue with YouTube and Netflix on X1. There appears to be an issue with how binary files are compiled into the firmware.

Service Expert

Re: Netflix and YouTube do not launch on my X1 boxes

AtlantaHawks wrote:

No response when I select to launch Netflix and YouTube on my boxes. I can search/voice search, but no response when I select titles. Anyone else seeing this issue? I even have a ticket open with them but haven't heard back.

Do you have an RNG150?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Xifinity and Youtube, awesome it is on the TV/app now !!

looks like it has improved, can play my youtube videos but after playing it's back to a blank screen and gives me no signal, of course rebooting will fix it but that's not how it should be, any news when this feature will be flawless ????

in PA

Contributor

Re: YouTube (Comcast Called Latest)

Comcast tech called and said there's no fix yet but they're working on a patch.  Said he's putting my ticket on the list that needs one.  I think he said when a patch is available all "bosses" would be distributed one... whatever that means?  And that when it's fixed I'll receive an automated call confirming.  

Regular Visitor

Watching Youtube

I have watched Youtube on 3 tvs.  I now can only watch Youtube on the tv connected to the "main" box.  Has something changed on my end or did Comcast change something?  I have unplugged the main box and reconnected thinking that it might be a re-set issue but that was no help.  I have not reset the modem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Contributor

Re: Watching Youtube

It's not your equipment. There is a bug in the coding with the YouTube app. that is happing to lots of people nationwide. I suggest you call the CS dept. and put in a trouble ticket like some of us did even more than once. In the mean time you can what it directly online @ www.youtube.com/tv#/ for now. 

Contributor

Comcast just gave me that promised auto-call saying my issue has been resolved. I'll check it out when I get home and let everyone know.
New Poster

The logo screen is back to red (it was blue yesterday), but I found another method that works.

Go to https://www.xfinity.com/sendtotv#landing on your computer or phone, and paste either https://www.youtube.com/tv or the direct video you want to view, and it loads perfectly!

Contributor

Comcast is right, DVR works at least for now. Hopefully this is a permanent fix. I'll let you know if it isn't.
Frequent Visitor

Logo screen is back to red...still frozen on screen...same result as before...apparently no fix for us yet???

Contributor

Don't get your hopes up. That supposed fix lasted only a couple hours. DVR is back to frozen red YouTube screen. Crapola
Regular Visitor

Was a grey background for a few days then checked it the other day and it was back to red background and checked both voice and shortcut way via On Demand and still both were nothing but solid frozen red youtube screens. Been so long and they got to have some sort of fix to this problem as like so many of you it's been like this for seems forever.

Regular Contributor

does anybody know when this will be fixed ?? not a friend of beta..

New Poster

watching youtube videos on tv

When I tell my voice remote to "watch 'something' on you tube", the desired video selections pop-up but when I press OK all I get is a static "youtube" screen. What am I doing wrong?

Contributor

Re: Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

I have been working for 2 days now with Twitter @Comcast Cares and we have been trying all sorts of things. Mine froze but can get a Google error 400. Can't clear cache or cookies. There is the Netflix restart. Now I come here to fibd its a known glitch and on Twitter no one knew? I thought it was my small Netflix Swap Box!
Contributor

Andrew, I found YouTube's app about a week ago. We have X1. Worked until yesterday. Freezes on logo. If I speak a song as well I get Top Picks. Then Google error 400! Been on Twitter with @comcastcares since yesterday trying tons of things. Thought it was my "Netflix Swap Box". (The only box with YouTube activated. our 2 other boxes ask to activate...get code etc. But I only did the activate app on this one. Are the Twitter reps aware its a glitch with no fix? If I activate on another box will that freeze too eventually? Hope it gets fixed, love it, I have no smart TV! Good luck hope it's back soon. Can't clear Google 400 error because I cant clear cookies/cache on cable box! Smiley Happy
Frequent Visitor

I finally got YOU TUBE back today...It's working again for now!!! Hope this is a permanent fix???

New Poster

Worked for a while ...not anymore.

Regular Visitor

Youtube access error code 400

Used to access Youtube on all 3 tv's.  Then could only access youtube on the tv with the "main" box. Other tv's had the smaller box but could still access youtube.  Now no tv will access youtube.  

The tv with the small box will show an error code 400: your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.  

The main tv will show the Youtube logo but no error code. 

Reset the modem through comcast but still no help.

Customer service sent me to google support but it was no help.

What do I need to do or what did I do to stop the access to youtube?

Contributor

Re: Youtube access error code 400

I know what you are going through. After putting in many trouble tickets and changing my equipment with the same model. I have spoken to both tier 2 and tier 3 level tech. Reps., the status is still the same which is the coding of the software for the YouTube app. Is being rewritten since the original crappie software they wrote for the app, had bugs in it. I guess the original they had to rewrite since it was so bad, that it was not debuggable. This problem/ issue is nationwide for lots of people. There is so no time frame either to finish either.. So all we can do is sit and wait. The app could come on and off at times before they do the patch. So it's going be hard to tell when the new coding is going to applied.

Regular Visitor

Re: YouTube won't load

My bedroom TV works fine (after i entered new TV code). Living room TV is stuck on logo. Cannot access settings or anything else to enter TV code. Frustrating!

Frequent Visitor

Youtube hasn't worked for me since 9/18 (38 days ago). Same google errors as always. 

Contributor

Also as of last night the Watchable app. is not working(I did not check it today yet.) either at least for me here in Denver,CO. I tried the Nexflix and that still works. So, that said, we have to wait until they rewrite the a new program for Youtube. 

Regular Visitor

Youtube has been broken far longer than is acceptable. Ridiculous is the word I'm thinking at this point.
Regular Visitor

Still no YouTube

Why does Comcast keep sending me emails about the new YouTube service when it hasn't worked in weeks and no estimated time for fixing it? Remove the App until you fix it.. And stop sending emails about it until it's fixed.
Regular Visitor

Re: Still no YouTube

Just got this email today.....LOL  yeah right!x1.JPG

Frequent Visitor

youtube not working for nearly a month

youtube emblem just stays and freezes.  It won't go to youtube

Frequent Visitor

YOUTUBE app is still working for me...It started working again on the 20th and has worked flawlessly since then. Can't explain it. This 5 days is a record since it was not working for over a month. Still keeping my fingers crossed however.

Contributor

As of today, Oct 27th, the YouTube app started working here in the Portland Oregon area - after being down for at least a month.

It was NOT working yesterday, the 26th.

Update Oct 28th, still working a day later.

Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

After reading this thread I will not bother calling Comcast regarding YouTube not working. First noticed this today.

Frequent Visitor

NOT WORKING

Frequent Visitor

It just stopped working again @10:00 AM after working flawlessly since Monday the 22nd...apparently they are still working on the fix...Haven't a clue as to what's going on. I'm going to switch cable boxes to see if this solves the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Switched out Xfinity X1 cable box and after going thru entire setup was able to get YOU TUBE app again...if you are still experiencing the same problems I was having...this might be a possible solution...worked for me

Regular Contributor

After about 40 days, it started working on 3 out of 5 of my boxes in the Chicago area.

Admin1

Re: watching youtube videos on tv

Hi Anon24262 -- You are doing everything correctly. We currently have a known issue going with accessing YouTube. We are working to resolve this issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

you tube

XFinity smart TV app 'You Tube' is no longer working.  Netflix and others work fine. Seems to be common issue. People complain that tech support has no idea. Anyone have an update from Comcast? 

Regular Visitor

Any update on Youtube not loading on Xfinity?
BS email about this great app that does NOT load!x1.JPG

Regular Visitor

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000254 EndHTML:000053318 StartFragment:000052924 EndFragment:000053141 StartSelection:000052924 EndSelection:000053141 SourceURL:http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Comcast-to-Launch-YouTube-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/2874247/page/8Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1 - Page 8 - Xfinity Help and Support Forums

Roger46 wrote:

Switched out Xfinity X1 cable box and after going thru entire setup was able to get YOU TUBE app again...if you are still experiencing the same problems I was having...this might be a possible solution...worked for me

Yeah, they came out and swapped out the box for me.   You tube started working again, for about 5 videos than quit!

Frequent Visitor

Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

Work around talked about here doesn't work -- also leads to frozen YouTube screen. The voice search feature was boss. I hope Comcast get this app working again.

Regular Visitor

Still dosen't work here in Huntington, WV and have been out for seems like forever and at this point I check once a day by voice and shortcut of "On Demand" and pray for a miracle, to this point no one is listening but maybe after a month and a half it will work one day....we can dream!

New Poster

Re: You tube not not working on xfinity1 voice command

I still can't get the YouTube app to work on my TV that is connected to the DVR. I works on the other 2 TVs that just connect to the smaller boxes. I have called support 3 times and spent a couple hours on the phone, resetting the system, etc. Nothing. Just the YouTube welcome screen.

Regular Visitor

So, I've posted a few posts in a now (i think) deleted thread. My youtube hasn't worked for over a month now, And there have been multiple temporary work arounds to get youtube to load on the X1 box. The workarounds have been failing 1 by 1 over the course of the last 3 weeks. I have never seen anything like this in all my years. Fix it.... The downtime is beyond unacceptable....
Regular Visitor

Well, nevermind. It won't even let me reply to this thread. Are we supposed to forget youtube was ever a thing on X-1?
Regular Visitor

Re: watching youtube videos on tv

You've been working on it for over a month now. Completely unacceptable. Get someone who knows what they're doing and fix it already or take it off. Duh...
New Poster

You Tube

Why can't I connect with You Tube on my TV anymore?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Youtube X-1

Same things happen to me. It worked for a week, and all I get now is the big red YouTube logo.
New Poster

Youtube fr

YouTube frozen in X1 box