New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

Posted by
Contributor

Message 251 of 370

It's not your DVR that's the problem. As I mentioned earlier in a post today it's the coding/software that has a bug or bugs in the YouTube app,  They are working on it with no deadline date unfortunately. Because it's so spotty it's the reason I believe that it's taking so long to fix. That said, I think Comcast should of been more considerate to us customers and kept this YouTube app in the beta stage a little longer before they rolled it out last week. At least they could of sent all of the customers an email and a message to our TV message box apologizing to us and to say they are working on it. in fact I told the customer service rep, to pass that suggestion on.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 252 of 370

If that is true, then why has YouTube worked perfectly for me since the day Comicast launched it...???

GMan2 wrote:

It's not your DVR that's the problem. As I mentioned earlier in a post today it's the coding/software that has a bug or bugs in the YouTube app,  They are working on it with no deadline date unfortunately. Because it's so spotty it's the reason I believe that it's taking so long to fix. That said, I think Comcast should of been more considerate to us customers and kept this YouTube app in the beta stage a little longer before they rolled it out last week. At least they could of sent all of the customers an email and a message to our TV message box apologizing to us and to say they are working on it. in fact I told the customer service rep, to pass that suggestion on.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 253 of 370

Thank you for bringing that up. Everyone has their own case experience with this annoying app. With my  original XG-1 box that the app. Was Working for the first five days starting on the 12th. Then I  had a technician swap the box for the same model last Tuesday where I had the app working for just one day. He even checked my signal as well which has was good. The Watchable app which is also another Internet app works fine with me. I was told that they had trouble with the Netflix app two years ago when they launched that app.

So we will have to sit tight and wait.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 254 of 370

Correction the model  XG-2 I meant to say.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 255 of 370
My new bedroom XG2-V2-P went YouTube Red just now after working for a few days.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 256 of 370

What happened to you tube  on tv.  It still isn't working

Posted by
Contributor

Message 257 of 370

I have the same model as you which I had chaged out. See my replies on pages 5 & 6 if you want. Actually you gave the full info. regarding the model number. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 258 of 370

Don't hold your breath waiting for this to be fixed.

Advanced support has very little grasp of the problem, ssuggesting to me that I call Google to get it fixed.

I am not joking.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 259 of 370

Here is the actual response from the Office of Tom Karinshak:

"Escalation ticket ESL03074560 has been resolved.  Joseph, the agent assigned to the ticket, spoke with you about receiving errors when attempting to play videos through the Youtube application on X1. The error was a Google Error 413 and freezing of the application. Joseph explained that Google errors are a YouTube-specific issue, and advised that you go to www.youtube.com/help or youtube.com/tv_feedback for additional support. You mentioned to Joseph that you believe the error to be a result of a malformed client request, however it was explained that the returned error message is a third party error return and Comcast has no way to troubleshoot or address third party errors."

Comcast should be embarrassed with this silly response!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 260 of 370

i have been having trouble with my you tube for 4 days now. My main TV You tube works om, my 2nd tv will not work. I get a screen that says you tube isnt available right noe try again in a few minutes.  errorcode; APPS-04035. behind that pop up  i have a GOOGLE screen with a broken robot it says 400. Thats an error. your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. Thants all I Knoow.   I have called, chatted and repeated myself numeerous times with Comcast, none of them can fix this, they tell me to reboot then send me a reboot.. they do not care if I tell them i have been doing this for 4 days. i have just about had it. COMCAST TECH  REBOOTING THE TV BOXES DOES NOT CORRECT THIS ISSUE. I HATE BEING TREATED LIKE  I AM STUPID. SOMETIMES MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER.  I only became a customer with comcast3 months ago was with direct tv for 10 years and i have telephoned or contacted comcast more in 3 months than i did with direct tv in 10 years. has anyone been able to correct this issue.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 261 of 370

No unfortunately a solution hasn't been found yet. People in the forum have been trying to compare notes to narrow down the problem and I think many people believe it is a Xfinity issue that is being worked on by engineers but without a  probable solution date. Some think it the box model that is the problem.

As a new customer you should know most of the CSR's who answer the phones don't have a lot of tech experience they are just going by their answer manual. If you have a problem that isn't being solved ask to talk to a Tier 2 tech, sometimes they can help . If not the Tier 2 tech will write a ticket to a tier 3 engineer who will find a solution, if possible,  and send a message back via a tier 2 tech.

But if you can't get a solution for the regular CSR  do a search here in the forum. I have found that the forum is quite good in helping to solve problems. And of course if you have a problem post it here b/c it helps to get the group focused on the problem.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 262 of 370

Correct. I spoke to an expert Comcast technician after my trouble ticket was moved from a tier 2 to a tier 3. He basically said like I mentioned in my previous posts above that there is a bug or bugs in the coding of their TV YouTube app. and that a large team is working on it with no deadlines.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 263 of 370

The issue has been escalated to a very high level and I believe is being actively worked on at this instant....

/ljj

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 264 of 370

I also have had these problems with you tube.Called comcast and had a tech.come to house.He did some cable work outside and inside to where cable connects to DVR box.Installed new DVR box and You Tube worked for next couple days and then it went back to not working with red logo as before. I am in south jersey near Atlantiv City.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 265 of 370

If you know what model DVR box you had and what model you received that worked a couple of days can you please post it in this thread? Just adding to the data.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 266 of 370
For those with the frozen Red Screen, (it is being worked on) try this workaround
On Demand to Web to YouTube Trending Now

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 267 of 370

^ Thanks.  It works for me when I go to youtube that way.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 268 of 370

I am a new customer to Xfinity, and just tried YouTube access.  It works fine via voice command, on XG1, XG2 and Xi3.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 269 of 370
I am a new customer to Xfinity, and just tried YouTube access. It works fine via voice command, on XG1, XG2 and Xi3.

Whatever it is, it's not affecting all customers or any particular box. Personally, I have a dvr, XG2 and Xid and all have worked fine.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 270 of 370

If all boxes work sometimes but not all the time what could be the difference that causes the problem? A local hub? Why did a box work for 4 days then suddenly stop? A software update that carried a glitch? very intriguing problem.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 271 of 370
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 272 of 370

The workaround works but....for me what made YouTube special being an app on Comcast was doing the voice search.  Once you get into YouTube this way,

the voice search  takes you back in through the "front door"-which doesn't work.   I don't enjoy having to type in everything I want to see.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 273 of 370

Thanks for the search line  Andrew but just me saying  " Sci-Fi movies on Youtube." into my remote I also get the choices in search as always but once a choice is selected, it still takes you to the red death screen. 

I hope these bugs in that coding are fixed soon with this TV app. 

I have community plan from our condo with the XG-2. I know the hardware has no meaning in this problem for the one in my social room is the same and the app is working fine.

I wish they would not role things out so fast out of beta. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 274 of 370
What is the work around please? I see the post saying that there is a work around but I don't see what it is. Thanks
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 275 of 370
With your remote
On Demand to Web to YouTube Trending Now

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 276 of 370
It gets us on but it's missing the most convenient tool and shortcut. The voice commands. Without them it's far faster just watching on our computers.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 277 of 370

For a week the DVR was my only box that had the Red death screen.  IIn the last 2 days, 2 different boxes have gotten  the frozen screen.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 278 of 370

The workaround worked for me also and thanks for the tip and can't wait for the voice controls to work again as it was just so fast and didn't have to worry about the computer....thanks again and nice shortcut!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 279 of 370

>For a week the DVR was my only box that had the Red death screen.  IIn the last 2 days, 2 different boxes have gotten    the frozen screen.

Just out of curiosity, about how much usage did you get out of the other boxes before failure?

It's interesting - when it failed for me, I had literally spent an evening (about 4 hrs) binge YouTubing - maybe 100 videos. Then suddenly nothing.  Wonder if some cache or buffer is overflowing on the XRE servers??

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 280 of 370

The box I was using yesterday was an XG2.  I was doing a lot of searches and then when using the voice control I started getting " something is not right" and then after a couple more searches  the Red Screen.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 281 of 370

How long the Youtube TV app. lasts depends are each person's personal experience.

My first XG-2 TV Box lasted for five days with the app working starting with the roll out date of September 12th.

Then the following Tuesday I had my box swaped out for the same model and worked for just one day before the Mr. Death Red Screen popped up.

Acutually we are surpose to see that red screen for a few seconds before the home page comes unless you do a direct search. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 282 of 370

LJJ3,

In regards to your theory, I should mention that my other box that went dead was an Xid-P that went dead on my first search of the day.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 283 of 370
My new XG2-V2-P got the YouTube screen freeze during a search too.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 284 of 370
Please fix the bugs because the trouble shooting not working on youtube app i trying to tell u i updated to new firmware today but it updated but no bug fix
Posted by
New Poster

Message 285 of 370

anyone else having issues pulling/loading  up you tube videos

sometimes only one box.device  works - but now neither do

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 286 of 370

Youtube wont play any videos keeps buffering anytime I click on a video 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 287 of 370

I know Google has banned Youtube before on competitors equipment (recently Amazon's Echo Show).  Perhaps that is what's going on here.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 288 of 370

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 289 of 370
Tier 3 called this morning. They want to send someone out tomorrow to check signal strength. I guess they're still stumped. Doesnt sound good.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 290 of 370

Hi Antoniobalt, 

Are you able to access Youtube on your DVR box yet? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 291 of 370

It has nothing to do with the signal strength. Your local tier 3 techs. are confused. I had my signal strengh tested on site to. 

My brother who is an electrical engineer told me all of these apps. including the ones on smart sets are coded with crapy/unstable software. Its always best to go direct online. 

Comcast may fix it some day since they made a big deal rolling it out. I think they should pull it from our app screen and work on it and then send it back to all of the customers at some future date. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 292 of 370
Yeah, even the tech who came out today said he didn't think it was that. He didn't even know the visit was about YouTube. Humm. The tech was very nice and did boost the signal and grounded everything but as expected it did nothing to cure the frozen YouTube screen. I'm not sure what Tier 3 is doing. Is it in communication with the App team or is that part of it? It sure didn't talk with our local tech. IMO they probably won't pull the app unless the problem hits nearly everyone.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 293 of 370
We tried watching a YouTube movie and it did not come up in full screen mode.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 294 of 370

Wpiv wrote:
We tried watching a YouTube movie and it did not come up in full screen mode.

did you try the same movie on a desk/laptop or smart device using the youtube app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 295 of 370

Issue: When the YouTube App is opened it's only displaying the Logo on the TV Screen. it's not playing video's or showing the youtube home screen like it should. About a week ago it was working, but now it's only diplaying the logo. It's almost acting like I need to go to xfinity.com/profile and type in a Code to activate the app, however it's not displaing a code to me.

History: YouTube was working about a week ago. I was able to use the voice command via the remote to get it to work.
Things I've tried: I tried both the "Restart" and "System Refresh" options by pressiing the "A" button on the xfinity remote.

Anyone know what's wrong? or have any suggestions?

I'm attaching a picture of what my TV screen looks like.

WIN_20170930_18_27_58_Pro.jpg
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 296 of 370

goldencotone wrote:

Issue: When the YouTube App is opened it's only displaying the Logo on the TV Screen. it's not playing video's or showing the youtube home screen like it should. About a week ago it was working, but now it's only diplaying the logo. It's almost acting like I need to go to xfinity.com/profile and type in a Code to activate the app, however it's not displaing a code to me.

History: YouTube was working about a week ago. I was able to use the voice command via the remote to get it to work.
Things I've tried: I tried both the "Restart" and "System Refresh" options by pressiing the "A" button on the xfinity remote.

Anyone know what's wrong? or have any suggestions?

I'm attaching a picture of what my TV screen looks like.

Comcast engineers are working on the issue that seems to only happen when selecting the app directly off the menu). You can make it run by using the Xfinity button > On Demand > Web and look at the line 'Featured Web' for youtube trending now. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 297 of 370

I originally posted in another area of the Forums, and it got moved to this thread. But yes, a work around is pressing the "Xfinity" button on the remote, go to "On Demand", then go to "Web" then select "YouTube trending now".

However I have to type in the search criteria. Using Voice command to say: " 'criteria' on youtube" still brings up the red screen logo for me.
I will stay posted for updates or solutions.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 298 of 370

Thanks for the info and response. It's such a great feature if they get the voice command back up again with it.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 299 of 370

Mine worked once, the first time I tried it, about 10 days ago, then nothing. Trying to bring up anything just generates the red & white You Tube logo.  I called. They gave some vague answer about it already being reported and they were working on it. That was a week ago.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 300 of 370

Doing a search does not do anything. Whether you click on the app directly or do a search with the  talking remote, you will still be stuck on the YouTube red screen.

You technician experts should start focusing more on finding the bugs with  this crappie coding this app.

In the future, please tell your higher ups  not to roll apps. out so fast out of beta.

It gets all of us nowhere and angry.