New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 201 of 370

Amor1220, thanks for your response. I've taken a look at your account and I see that the issue has been sent to our X1 app teams. Additionally, I do see there has been maintenance at the node in your area that has affected cable service. I'll monitor this for you and let you know when I see an update on this issue. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 202 of 370

Thanks Ken.

For the rest here are your Model Names: MX011ANM?  You'll find it under "Manufacturer" then "Host" in the X1's supposed "secret menu." 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 203 of 370

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Unfortunately my X1 DVR is connected to a SD TV so I can't even see the App word to click on it. But my Bedroom TV is hooked up and the YouTube app works fine.

Hi WindsurfMaui,

That's funny; I can't use the voice remote on my bedroom receiver to activate YouTube nor does it even have the YT App to manually activate.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 204 of 370

Amor1220 wrote:

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Unfortunately my X1 DVR is connected to a SD TV so I can't even see the App word to click on it. But my Bedroom TV is hooked up and the YouTube app works fine.

Hi WindsurfMaui,

That's funny; I can't use the voice remote on my bedroom receiver to activate YouTube nor does it even have the YT App to manually activate.  

is the model number of that room's set top; box an RNG150?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 205 of 370
Hi RB, My bedroom box has a model number of PR150BNM.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 206 of 370

Amor1220 wrote:
Hi RB, My bedroom box has a model number of PR150BNM.

If you don't need the component TV connection (can use HDMI) swapout that box for the same-priced XG2 (full access, aim-anywhere voice remote). If you already have an XG2 (non-DVR) then you can swap for an XiD companion set top box.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 207 of 370

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Change the video display to 720P and you'll see the Apps section. It doesn't show when set to 480i or 480P

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 208 of 370
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 209 of 370

Still nothing but the red youtube screen and been close to a week now and something has to be getting done to fix this problem right?....getting super old and just want it fixed!. They never called me back from comcast and just like to know how much longer this is going to take to fix this firmwire problem....I've tried numerous times rebooting the box and waiting 30 seconds and still nothing and hoping that a update will fix it and just wishing at work that it will be working maybe this time when I get home...work tonight then off till monday so will cross my fingers and hope a miracle happens today!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 210 of 370

IMG_20170921_093950412_HDR.jpg

New youtube error message today. 

HTTP Error 413 Request entity too large

The Web server (running the Web site) thinks that the HTTP data stream sent by the client was simply too large i.e. too many bytes. What constitutes 'too many bytes' depends partly upon the operation being attempted. For example a request to upload a very large file (via the HTTP PUT method) may encounter a ceiling on upload file size set by the Web server.

Previously I was getting a 400  "malformed" error..

The 400 Bad Request error is an HTTP status code that means that the request you sent to the website server, often something simple like a request to load a web page, was somehow incorrect or corrupted and the server couldn't understand it.

The 400 Bad Request error is often caused by entering or pasting the wrong URL in the address window but there are some other relatively common causes.  

Comcast tech people...

Suggested ways on the google/youtube forum to fix both errors is to delete/clear cookies & the cache files within the Youtube app or the X1's system browser and the problem should be solved.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 211 of 370

>Suggested ways on the google/youtube forum to fix both errors is to delete/clear cookies & the cache files within >the Youtube app or the X1's system browser and the problem should be solved.

hmmmm.....  Is there a way to delete/clear cache on X1 boxes?  

Re: firmware - mine was updated 9/7 which is when YouTube worked perfectly for me - then abruptly stopped. I  was told by a second level Comcast tech that it was a server issue - and a ticket was entered.

Again - I have TWO (!) emails from Comcast saying it's up - and they are telling the press and analysts it's up - so Comcast,  we love you - but please get us the scoop.

Of four techs I've spoken to:   (1) Servers,  (2) Not available in your area,  (1) No idea

Of industry insiders I've spoken to:  It's not deployed system wide yet - no idea when it will be up

Questions:

- does it work for anyone?

- is it working for people in certain markets or randomly?

- is firmware revised geographically?

- is this a rights/IP issue?

- provisioning for service underestimated demand?

- firmware/hardware?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 212 of 370

LJJ3 wrote:

Questions:

- does it work for anyone?

- is this a rights/IP issue?

- provisioning for service underestimated demand?

- firmware/hardware?

It works for almost eveeryone.

No.

No way to know; a Comcast Employee might know

That one is vague; it does require firmware/software update; and an RNG150 does not support Apps.  I replaced my RNG150's with the XG2.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 213 of 370

I just went over to a friend's house yesterday to try to troubleshoot this issue for him with no luck.  When I used the voice prompt to search Youtube, it appeared to successfully find videos but went to the red screen once we selected the video we wanted to view.  

Has anyone found the solution yet?  I have X1 at home with my own modem and I'm able to use Youtube without a problem.  My friend has the Xfinity Wireless modem.  Is it the modem or X1 box that needs a firmware update?  How do you check and how do you update the firmware?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 214 of 370

Well over a week now I have the Youtube Logo stuck issue on 3 out of 4 X1 boxes in my home.

I have also been working with someone from the X1 team on the phone about this issue.

Looks like this may take a while to fix. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 215 of 370

Well over a week now I have the Youtube Logo stuck issue on 3 out of 4 X1 boxes in my home.

I have also been working with someone from the X1 team on the phone about this issue.

That's interesting - so on one box it's 100% working - and 3 - zilch?

Can you check firmware??

Posted by
Contributor

Message 216 of 370

For what it's worth...

Just called to check on ticket.  Told it's not working everywhere and it could be a long time before its fixed.

No response on what problem is.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 217 of 370
Just swapped out my bedroom box for a new XG2-V2-P. YouTube works on it. Maybe I need a new DVR too?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 218 of 370

Amor1220 wrote:
Just swapped out my bedroom box for a new XG2-V2-P. YouTube works on it. Maybe I need a new DVR too?

Swaping out boxes used to be something I never wanted to do. I thought whatever the problem it could easily be fixed by tweaking. Then a tech told me that the boxes are more fragile than we think. Not physically fragile but software glitches are common and not fixable so after trying a couple of the most common solutions, if nothing changes, just swap the box. Now I do that as my second step. If the first step doesn't fix it just swap the box. A lot less frustrating.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 219 of 370
WSM, thinking about it, I've had this DVR for a long time. Maybe I need the newest model.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 220 of 370
Ever since YouTube was enabled in x1, It has only worked the first day. I am able to say commands on my remote and it shows results but when I select a video, the red YouTube screen shows up on my TV and it just stays in that screen. Does anyone know a fix.?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 221 of 370

Same here.

Only get the YouTube splash screen (logo) and froze.

Did an X1 box refresh.

Power off and on.

Nada.

Obviously this new app has been released before the pie is fully cooked.

Too busy to be wasting my time messing with it.

Don't want to hear about X1 set-top box firmware/software updates and the like.

I'll try again in a month or so and give them time to fix the bugs.

In the meantime its Youtube on my PC and smartphone.

Sad, it would be nice to watch youtube on my 55in TV.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 222 of 370
"YouTube is not working everywhere"?

It's working just fine here in the Twin Cities. I am watching it as I write this...
Posted by
New Poster

Message 223 of 370

RickGr4

I'm jealious!

Not working in Ann Arbor, MI for me.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 224 of 370

>>> "YouTube is not working everywhere"?

I guess this has two meanings...   to be clear:  YouTube/X1 is working in some places, but not working everywhere yet. 

Could someone who DOES have it working report their box type and firmware version?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 225 of 370
Software/firmware versions don't matter with apps.

Comcast changes the apps constantly but the changes are not always reflected by version number changes.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 226 of 370

DVR Den.JPG

DVR Mstr Bdrm.jpg

Houston market

LJJ3 wrote:

>>> "YouTube is not working everywhere"?

I guess this has two meanings...   to be clear:  YouTube/X1 is working in some places, but not working everywhere yet. 

Could someone who DOES have it working report their box type and firmware version?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 227 of 370

Mine is:   PX013AN   2.12p6S1

(not working)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 228 of 370
>>Comcast changes the apps constantly but the changes are not always reflected by version number changes.

To be clear, others here say Comcast reps told them its a firmware issue.  I was told its a server issue.  I was merely asking the question to see if any conclusions could be drawn from the limited info available...
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 229 of 370
Too many people in this forum are too wound up about version numbers...

Personally I think the problem could be deficient signals...
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 230 of 370
You Tube not working
E3CC7734-BBA5-4F11-BD2F-19428C1CC5F1.jpeg
Posted by
Contributor

Message 231 of 370

This is my new XG2-V2-P non-dvr for bedroom.  YouTube WORKS!  Firmware Version: PX0022AN_2.12p4s2_PROD_sey

20170922_132000.jpg
Posted by
Contributor

Message 232 of 370

I don't think firmware is the issue.

This is a server / provisioning problem.

I was promised a call from Philly on this today - no call so far - must be a much bigger problem. 

Hoping I'm wrong.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 233 of 370
LJJ3, could it be a server problem when my living room box doesn't get YT but my bedroom does?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 234 of 370
>>LJJ3, could it be a server problem when my living room box doesn't get YT but my bedroom does?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 235 of 370

I have 5 boxes.  YouTube works on all the boxes (Chicago area) except the main DVR.  It had worked on the main DVR for a short while also,

but stopped mid day over a week ago and hasn't worked since.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 236 of 370
My bedroom non-DVR didn't do apps so I got a new one yesterday. I traded for the XG2-V2-P. It gets YouTube and it works although my main DVR it communicates with currently does not. They have different firmware as I've posted. They both have good signals according to their Secret Menus. The girl I talked with in Advanced Tech seemed to be so sure they found a problem in some firmware but had to test the new one to make sure it didn't cause additional problems. I haven't called back to check on my ticket. I wanted to give them a few days. I'll try next week if it isn't fixed.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 237 of 370

My non-working box is also a DVR.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 238 of 370

My DVR is the PX001ANM and my bedroom XiD box is the PXD01ANI. I just watched Youtube on both of them. I'm in Boston.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 239 of 370

My DVR is XR11 is what it said for model number and Youtube hasn't worked in like 2 weeks now and still just red youtube screen and I live in Huntington, WV

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 240 of 370

I watched YouTube the first day it was available.  Since then all I get is a red blank screen when trying to log on.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 241 of 370

After recieving the email from xfinity that I could now stream youtube content I was glad. I installed it used it for about 10 minutes then shut it off. The next day when I  tried to access it I recieve the youtube red and white screen and it does nothing else.What happen to it?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 242 of 370

I'm sure you tried all this but just in case. You tried hitting the left arrow to get to the menu and it doesn't work. You are able to get on Youtube on your computer or cellpjhone with no problems. 

Personally I think it is a server that is feeding you a signal. But I am surprised that this problem is taking so long to get solved.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 243 of 370

On Friday and expert technical Comcast person called me back after I  put in my second trouble ticket. He said the coding/software of the YouTube app has some bugs in it and that a large team is working on it with no deadline of course.I have a community plan in my condo and the XG-2 box that have is working in our social room. So people it's obviously a spoty glitch that's effecting the whole country. I'm in Denver, CO.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 244 of 370

So You Tube is not available to all X1 cable subscribers, only those with Comcast internet service?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 245 of 370
So You Tube is not available to all X1 cable subscribers, only those with Comcast internet service?
_________
True, same as Pandora and Netflix apps

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 246 of 370
Not true. I have X1 and Internet and it does not work, just red screen. Also I have tried to put in at least 6 or more tickets for this and all I get is we have never heard of this problem.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 247 of 370

ComcastAndrew wrote:
_________

What is the logic for that? If you get expanded basic TV why wouldn't Xfinity want to sell Netflix to those customers?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 248 of 370

I have the same problem here in Jupiter Florida. The day that YouTube was announced I tried it on my voice remote and it worked fine on all three of my TVs. On my large TV in my living room  all of a sudden when I launch YouTube I get  nothing but a red screen. The two  tVs in the bedrooms still work just fine, only the one in the living room has this problem. I am using a X 1  DVR in the living room  I have try refreshing the DVR and powering  it down several times. Call  Xfinity several times and requested a return call, they never dead. Very disappointing 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 249 of 370

If anyone is signed-in to youtube via the app, has anyone tried to unlink their google account from the app on x1? Try it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjHGrJVYLZs

I'm not logged-in and the app is functioning on all devices in my area.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 250 of 370

WindsurfMaui wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:
_________

What is the logic for that? If you get expanded basic TV why wouldn't Xfinity want to sell Netflix to those customers?

the X1 experience is bundled with minimum of wifi and TV. The any device/screen in home is part of that experience and will only 'work' with wifi in the home. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon