New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 151 of 370

Same here in Chicago area.  Was working on my main dvr yesterday and then late afternoon it was youtube logo.  But working on my smaller boxes. Today after a nightly reboot, still not working.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 152 of 370

Youtube must officially be out of beta because I just got an email from Comcast that it is available-except I still

have the frozen Logo.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 153 of 370

I have the YouTube app.  So excited and disappointed at the same time.  Works great until you try to watch one of your purchases.  Then you get a message after it tries to load saying "this video format is not supported.  Please report this ID to fix the problem.  And gives a different long code every time as shown in attached picture.

Is this being blocked or will this be fixed at some time?

Thanks.

61C2D7AF-EB8F-4FA1-A644-D0D27F0A4382.JPG
Posted by
New Poster

Message 154 of 370
What about your Youtube library? Will you be able to access your previous youtube purchases?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 155 of 370

Obviously the nightly reboots have had no effect.  How can I get this up and running again?  Of course it works on my other boxes

where I don't have a headphone setup.  On my main dvr it was working great Thursday afternoon and then all of a sudden there was a frozed Youtube logo.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 156 of 370

Will_b_me wrote:

I have the YouTube app.  So excited and disappointed at the same time.  Works great until you try to watch one of your purchases.  Then you get a message after it tries to load saying "this video format is not supported.  Please report this ID to fix the problem.  And gives a different long code every time as shown in attached picture.

Is this being blocked or will this be fixed at some time?

Thanks.

You may have to contact youtube tech support and let them know the issue is with the app on X1.

Contact Google if you want technical support for the site or other Google products. YouTube is owned by Google. Use 650-253-0000 to reach Google’s automated system.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 157 of 370
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 158 of 370
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 152 of 157

Youtube must officially be out of beta because I just got an email from Comcast that it is available-except I still

have the frozen Logo.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 159 of 370
Posted by
Contributor

Message 160 of 370
I used X1 with YouTube three days ago and it worked just fine but ever since then every time I use voice control or go through the app I get a red screen with the name YouTube on it and that's all I get. What's going on?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 161 of 370
Now I'm getting "Sorry, we're having some sort of trouble." "This app is not available right now. Please try back again in a little while." "Error Code : APPS-04035"
Posted by
Contributor

Message 162 of 370
I have the frozen logo too but it worked 3 days ago. Frustrating.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 163 of 370
So when I use YouTube on the X1, it works perfectly fine, but when I try and watch a movie I've already purchased on YouTube on X1, it says "The video format is not supported." Is there any fixes or reasons for this?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 164 of 370
I'm having the same issue. It worked last night, now just the red logo. What gives? I just signed up and this has been one problem after another.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 165 of 370

Was working fine the day before yesterday and yesterday morning before I went to bed, checked it at the half of the Michigan game and all I get is a red youtube logo that just stays there and doesn't go anywhere, so used the voice remote to find videos on youtube and they will show up the results but when I go to try them it's back to that solid red youtube logo, so tried refreshing and nothing and same with unplugging the box and still nothing and now when I tried to go to restart it stays that it will not help and there is a video outage in my area and checked and says no outages in my area. And checked once again before posting this and still nothing but the solid red youtube logo. Err was going to watch some videos and try to fall asleep before my Bills play today. I'm in Huntington WV.

Well hope it works when I wake up in the morning.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 166 of 370

dan_lety1996 wrote:
So when I use YouTube on the X1, it works perfectly fine, but when I try and watch a movie I've already purchased on YouTube on X1, it says "The video format is not supported." Is there any fixes or reasons for this?

hi, I moved your post to the Youtube megathread of the forum.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 167 of 370
Same here. YouTube choices come up but after clicking any Red-Screenitus appears. Like you tried unplugIng and refreshing several times, still red logo. Called Comcast.com and got redirected to the Philippines. Some girl started reading off a script and I hung up. I at least found answers and results when my calls were taken by CS agents in the US. This isn't good.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 168 of 370

Amor1220 wrote:
Same here. YouTube choices come up but after clicking any Red-Screenitus appears. Like you tried unplugIng and refreshing several times, still red logo. Called Comcast.com and got redirected to the Philippines. Some girl started reading off a script and I hung up. I at least found answers and results when my calls were taken by CS agents in the US. This isn't good.

what is the model number of that particular set top box?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 169 of 370
Not sure, I don't see a "model number."
In About Xfinity TV Receiver says
"Native Version: 2.12.0"
STB Version MX011AN_2.12p4s1_PROD_sey
If what you need is on another line let me know.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 170 of 370

I call the customer service last night and told them about the problem with the youtube app and he told me he hadn't heard of any issues and I was the first one he heard it from, he told me he tried his app on his x1 a couple weeks back and it worked fine but haven't tried it since then and sent my info to the team that works to fix the apps and he told me too give it 24 hours and hopefully they can find and fix the problem. Tried at halftime of the sunday night football game and still nothing but a red solid youtube logo.

Err will give it another try after I get home from work tonight...hopefully be fixed but not holding my breath.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 171 of 370

5 Days and counting with my frozen YouTube logo.  Who can fix this?   Surely not a tech coming to my house.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 172 of 370

Amor1220 wrote:
Not sure, I don't see a "model number."
In About Xfinity TV Receiver says
"Native Version: 2.12.0"
STB Version MX011AN_2.12p4s1_PROD_sey
If what you need is on another line let me know.

I have 3 of those arris DVRs and all the youtube apps work. My guess is that your DVR is not able to easily access the 'internet'. Would you call 800-Comcast and ask the TV representative to run signal and noise-level tests on your set top box(es)?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 173 of 370
I called customer service just now, first they sent me to the Philippines and then they sent me to Honduras, and then I asked Honduras in Spanish if I could get to California and at least they sent me to Seattle. They don't know what's going on either but made out a report. They think it's an app problem because my internet is working with Netflix. They're going to give me a call back tomorrow to see if it's any better.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 174 of 370

Unfortunately my X1 DVR is connected to a SD TV so I can't even see the App word to click on it. But my Bedroom TV is hooked up and the YouTube app works fine.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 175 of 370
I didn't get a chance to ask for a signal and noise test. I know how to get into the X1 secret menus. Can I find what you want there?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 176 of 370
RustyBen, is this what you need or no? Plz see attached file pic.
1505775747214-583042210.jpg
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 177 of 370

Youtube was working for a few days but now only the logo shows or a google error appears... when trying to go to a video. Something needs to be fixed.

IMG_20170918_185557702.jpg

IMG_20170918_185631730.jpg

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 178 of 370

Amor1220 wrote:
RustyBen, is this what you need or no? Plz see attached file pic.

I would recommend that you call 800-Comcast and let them run their "einstein' 31 point test to determine where to go next to get your problem fixed permanently.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 179 of 370
I suggest everyone this is happening to make out a report with Comcast customer service... the faster the better.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 180 of 370

Searching online about the youtube/google error...

apparently the only way to get rid of it is to delete all youtube cookies

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=www.youtube.com

How does one delete youtube cookies if the app won't open. Is there a way in the X1 settings to delete youtube app cookies?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 181 of 370
RB, the Seattle Xfinity agent is getting back to me tomorrow so I'll ask for the E31 then. I don't want to deal with the foreign agents.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 182 of 370

Still nothing and got home from work tonight and still nothing but a frozen red youtube screen and this has to be fixed and going on 4 days for me

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 183 of 370

Tried youtube a few minutes ago but it's still not working. Brought me to the google error page, and a black box appears with an apps eror message.  A second time of trying brought me to a google search engine page until the apps error message showed as well.

IMG_20170919_090223752.jpg150582693029116.jpeg

Posted by
Contributor

Message 184 of 370
I get the red YouTube screen 95%, and then the Google one the rest. Just now tested again and same problems. Waiting to get a call from Xfinity after 1pm Pacific Time. I'll update after.
20170918_205310.jpg
20170918_205223.jpg
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 185 of 370
I called yesterday. They told me to do the old unplug for 30 sec deal. No good. She said they had no control over the app. She made a note it wasn't working and said have a good day.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 186 of 370

Sorry I haven't read all the posts. You can get into the YouTube app via your cellphone or computer, just not via the TV, right?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 187 of 370

I watch Youtube video on the HDTV using chromecast. The quality is superb. I was expecting the same suberb quality video in the newly introduced YouTube App in X1, but it is absolutely no good, resolution is substandard and more like standard resolution or less. Is there a way to increase the resolution in the X1 YouTube app?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 188 of 370

I'm seeing the same red YouTube screen. I just had my Comcast DVR installed on Sunday and it worked until about 9 pm that evening, and hasn't worked since. I hope someone has a solution soon! In the few hours that I tried it, the quality was much better than using my AppleTV.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 189 of 370
Every other app loads besides YouTube. YouTube works on our other dvr and xids. I've reset the box and I've done a system refresh and still no luck. Any of you guys have this problem ?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 190 of 370

Ok, here's the latest scoop.  Just got off the phone.

They took me to Advanced Tech Help and acknowdege there's a "Firmware Problem."  They already have a new firmware configured but have to test it a bit before releasing. They told me to call back with my ticket number in a couple days if it isn't fixed.  I recommend to everyone in my boat to get your own tickets made with Comcast so they know all regions affected.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 191 of 370

Why can't I get youtube on my main box when I can get it on smaller box in bed room?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 192 of 370
Posted by
Contributor

Message 193 of 370

Worked fine (search) for a day or two 2 weeks ago - now red screen or 413 error...    (This is Central NJ).

I doubt this is X1 box firmware - if it was, it never would have worked.  I suspect its a backend issue.

I wish Comcast could clearly explain this fiasco - and stop sending me emails telling me its now working!

/ljj

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 194 of 370

Did everyone get the prompt to authorize YouTube?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 195 of 370

Maybe you're right, but I remember my Netgear Nighthawk had a intermittent problem with 5g & a firmware update fixed it.  Attached is the lastest firmware version for my X1 dated 8-25-17.  I guess if I see it updated and still have no YouTube then I'll take it from there.

X1 Firmware 1.jpg
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 196 of 370

Yes I got that screen. Everything went well.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 197 of 370

Interesting screen. How do you get to it? I only get the about screen that has the latest update 9/5

Posted by
Contributor

Message 198 of 370
Hold Exit 5-10 secs, hit down arrow 2x, then hit number 2 1x. Whatever anyone does in there is at their own risk. I've only rebooted there 'cause I'm sometimes too lazy to get up. ;-)
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 199 of 370

Hello All, 

If anyone is currently experiencing errors with the Youtube app on X1, please try rebooting your X1 cable box. This can be done via the My Account app or by simply performing a manual power cycle. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 200 of 370

Ken, we're way ahead of you.  We've done this countless times.  This problem is in Advanced Techland now.  They say it's the firmware.  We'll see.