Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 101 of 254
My livingroom box has youtube app but not the main box that's in my room why it has netfix and the rest but no youtube in the spps
Posted by
New Poster

Message 102 of 254
Same here. It was on both TVs last night, and today it is only on the bedroom TV. I don't really get it. I thought about maybe restarting the box..
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 103 of 254
Youtube app is live for me. Working good.

Ok so i have a vizio 4k tv. Built in youtube app isnt 4k. Built in netflix app is 4k.

is xfinitys xi4 able to stream netflix & youtube both in 4k?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 104 of 254

ComcastJoe wrote:

Comcast and Google today announced a deal that will launch the YouTube app on XFINITY X1 across the country later this year. X1 customers will be able to easily browse and seamlessly access over the Internet the entire YouTube catalog of billions of videos alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their XFINITY TV subscription.

X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout XFINITY On Demand.  And for the first time, YouTube viewers will enjoy universal voice control with the X1 voice remote and be able to access YouTube content in the following ways:

• Launch the YouTube app by simply saying “YouTube” into the X1 voice remote.

• Browse featured YouTube content alongside other On Demand movies and shows.

• Search for movie trailers or TV show clips by saying, “Show me Adam Levine clips from ‘The Voice’ on YouTube,“ or “YouTube,
    find ‘The LEGO Movie’ trailer.”

• Access hundreds of thousands of music videos by saying,
    “Show me Ariana Grande videos on YouTube,” or “Watch Katy
    Perry’s ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ on YouTube.”

• Watch the world’s best gamers face off by saying, “YouTube,
    Launch League of Legends Championship Series.”

• Search the latest videos from your favorite personalities by
    saying, “Show me Ellen Degeneres on YouTube,” or “YouTube,
    Logan Paul videos.”

• Or search millions of user-generated videos like dinner recipes
    and workout routines by saying, “YouTube, show me chicken
    recipes,” or "Find yoga videos on YouTube.”

Once launched, X1 customers will be able to browse and access YouTube’s massive collection of digital content, including gaming videos, eSports content, music clips, fitness videos, daily vlogs from YouTube creators, entertainment clips, and real-time trending news, sports and viral videos.  Current X1 and YouTube customers will also have the ability to sign in when accessing YouTube on X1 and readily access their personalized settings and subscriptions. 

When will YouTube on XFINITY X1 be available?

YouTube app on XFINITY X1 across the country later this year.

Will I have to pay for the YouTube on XFINITY X1?

This service will be available to customers with an X1 XFINITY TV subscription at no additional charge.

How does YouTube on XFINITY X1 work?

• X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout XFINITY On Demand.

• For the first time, YouTube viewers will enjoy universal voice control with the X1 voice remote and be able to access YouTube content.

• X1 customers will be able to browse and access YouTube’s massive collection of digital content, including gaming videos, eSports content, music clips, fitness videos, daily vlogs from YouTube creators, entertainment clips, and real-time trending news, sports and viral videos.

• Current X1 and YouTube customers will also have the ability to sign in when accessing YouTube on X1 and readily access their personalized settings and subscriptions.

Hello Joe,

Received the app on 8/31/17 and it works great however youtube is not integrated into X1 as your post suggests. Currently you can't use voice commands or the search function within X1. Will that feature be available in a future update?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 105 of 254

RadTV wrote:

ComcastJoe wrote:

Comcast and Google today announced a deal that will launch the YouTube app on XFINITY X1 across the country later this year. X1 customers will be able to easily browse and seamlessly access over the Internet the entire YouTube catalog of billions of videos alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their XFINITY TV subscription.

X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout XFINITY On Demand.  And for the first time, YouTube viewers will enjoy universal voice control with the X1 voice remote and be able to access YouTube content in the following ways:

• Launch the YouTube app by simply saying “YouTube” into the X1 voice remote.

• Browse featured YouTube content alongside other On Demand movies and shows.

• Search for movie trailers or TV show clips by saying, “Show me Adam Levine clips from ‘The Voice’ on YouTube,“ or “YouTube,
    find ‘The LEGO Movie’ trailer.”

• Access hundreds of thousands of music videos by saying,
    “Show me Ariana Grande videos on YouTube,” or “Watch Katy
    Perry’s ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ on YouTube.”

• Watch the world’s best gamers face off by saying, “YouTube,
    Launch League of Legends Championship Series.”

• Search the latest videos from your favorite personalities by
    saying, “Show me Ellen Degeneres on YouTube,” or “YouTube,
    Logan Paul videos.”

• Or search millions of user-generated videos like dinner recipes
    and workout routines by saying, “YouTube, show me chicken
    recipes,” or "Find yoga videos on YouTube.”

Once launched, X1 customers will be able to browse and access YouTube’s massive collection of digital content, including gaming videos, eSports content, music clips, fitness videos, daily vlogs from YouTube creators, entertainment clips, and real-time trending news, sports and viral videos.  Current X1 and YouTube customers will also have the ability to sign in when accessing YouTube on X1 and readily access their personalized settings and subscriptions. 

When will YouTube on XFINITY X1 be available?

YouTube app on XFINITY X1 across the country later this year.

Will I have to pay for the YouTube on XFINITY X1?

This service will be available to customers with an X1 XFINITY TV subscription at no additional charge.

How does YouTube on XFINITY X1 work?

• X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout XFINITY On Demand.

• For the first time, YouTube viewers will enjoy universal voice control with the X1 voice remote and be able to access YouTube content.

• X1 customers will be able to browse and access YouTube’s massive collection of digital content, including gaming videos, eSports content, music clips, fitness videos, daily vlogs from YouTube creators, entertainment clips, and real-time trending news, sports and viral videos.

• Current X1 and YouTube customers will also have the ability to sign in when accessing YouTube on X1 and readily access their personalized settings and subscriptions.

Hello Joe,

Received the app on 8/31/17 and it works great however youtube is not integrated into X1 as your post suggests. Currently you can't use voice commands or the search function within X1. Will that feature be available in a future update?

My guess is that YouTube will be like Netflix; I doubt they have plans to add those features.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 106 of 254

Electrya wrote:
Same here. It was on both TVs last night, and today it is only on the bedroom TV. I don't really get it. I thought about maybe restarting the box..

I unplugged a couple of times and it didn't work Still have it on one tv but is disappeared on the other. Called and the tech said they were going to work on it and call me later (they never called)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 107 of 254

skintime wrote:

I unplugged a couple of times and it didn't work Still have it on one tv but is disappeared on the other. Called and the tech said they were going to work on it and call me later (they never called)

Are the boxes different or the same model? Curious that some work and other don't. Is there any other difference, some connected to 4K TV's and others regular HD TV's? 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 108 of 254

WindsurfMaui wrote:

skintime wrote:

Are the boxes different or the same model? Curious that some work and other don't. Is there any other difference, some connected to 4K TV's and others regular HD TV's? 

I'm no techie so all I can tell you is my larger box which I believe is the dvr box had it for a day until it disappeared. My small box still has it as of this morning. Vizeo tv's on both boxes. The guy on the phone said he was surprised that it disappeared from the big box instead of the small one. Of course the one it disappeared from is the one where I would have spent the most time watching you tube. Still hoping it comes back on the one but I'm not optomistic

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 109 of 254

I'm sure they will get it corrected eventually. My DVR is connected to an old SD TV so I don't even get the app setting on it. Need to swap that old TV out to catch up with technology. If you had it once they will get it back but may have to swap to a different DVR.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 110 of 254
How do I get YouTube on my tv
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 111 of 254

TMOODY37203 wrote:
How do I get YouTube on my tv

Might not be available yet - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Comcast-to-Launch-YouTube-on-Xfinity-X1/m-p/2874247#M124952

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 112 of 254

For some reason Comcast removed the YouTube app on my HD Box this morning but it's still there on the DVR boxes though.The Youtube app is more buggy on the HD box then the DVR boxes so maybe that is why it was removed as they need to fix the major bugs?

Also voice search now works with the Youtube app but you can not do voice searches from with in the app itself. And that is a big bummer in my opinion Smiley Sad

If you try and do a voice search from with in the Youtube app it closes the app Smiley Sad

This really needs to be changed so you can make voice searches from with in the app just like you can on the Youtube Android TV App!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 113 of 254
I will watch YouTube on my Roku Ultra in 4K and call it a day...!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 114 of 254

I do not have the YouTube app on xfinity anymore. It was there last night. Has YouTube been removed from xfinity?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 115 of 254

Burt3 wrote:

I do not have the YouTube app on xfinity anymore. It was there last night. Has YouTube been removed from xfinity?

No.  I have it in the Houston market today.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 116 of 254
Burt3,

When Comcast rolls out new X1 features, it is common for the new feature to come and go for the first few days.

YouTube is working fine here in the Twin Cities. I tried it this morning.

Be patient. You will have it permanently very soon.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 117 of 254

Just noticed the app in my X1 this morning....looks pretty much exactly like my Xbox One and PS4 apps.

That being said, when I try to play Purchases it tells me that it is an invalid format and throws out an error code.  Could this be related to the freshness of the app and its growing pains?  I know it works on PS4, haven't tried on Xbox One.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 118 of 254

Did it ask you to log into your Youtube account first? I had to log in with my youTube sign in through a slightly complicated process before  was able to get my history of videos.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 119 of 254
Yes it did. Thats how it is for every youtube app. It will keep you logged in now
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 120 of 254
Well, thank you Comcast. I finally have received the YouTube app on all my X1 boxes at my house including my little satellite boxes as of 8/4 1AM.<br>Yes, for those who will say "so what" their smart TVs have YouTube. Not all my TV's are smart TVs. That's why the Netflix app was appreciated by so many. No additional fire sticks, Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast box. Actually, my 1 newest 4k Sony TV has all those aside from Apple tv already installed. But, I have a couple non smart HD TV's and X1 is great for accessing pictures from phone, Netflix, Pandora, and now YouTube. These are my Go To apps daily multiple times a day on numerous tvs. Their software never gets outdated or slow, lol. And the X1 platform is perfect for them.<br>Setup of the YouTube account was very straight forward and easy to do.<br>When you click on "YouTube" app in the X1 app selection YouTube opens instantly. I mean instantly unlike Netflix.<br>Then scroll over to account, click sign in. It will pop up a big box telling you to use your phone or computer to login to YouTube.com/activate. On your TV screen will be a giant blue code to type in in your web browser. So use web browser of choice while NOT TOUCHING YOUR TV AT ALL DURING THE LOGIN PROCESS!!<br>And within 10 seconds after clicking "next" on web browser after entering the code, your TV with instantly log you in and go to your YouTube home screen with recommendations. All done! Change preferences like normal for sharing info, ago play next episodes, etc . Now enjoy YouTube from you Comcast X1 remote control. <br>Man the YouTube video quality is excellent! On my bedroom 720P tv the quality is fantastic. Much better than any HD movie channel or Netflix movie. I am really impressed with the quickness of the YouTube platform on Xfinity X1 too. So fast. <br>Now I will be upgrading my 2 TV's I don't have the voice remotes for to Comcast's voice remotes.<br> I only use the X1 remotes for primary use on all my TV's. I love their layout, lighted buttons, and shape. I like also to have same remotes on each different tv. I have 4 TV's. I only use the other non Comcast remotes for tv/stereo setups/in-depth changes and my Sony 4k TV's built in apps but not too often. My sound systems on each TV I keep volumes set on equipment and simply use the tv volumes via X1 remotes. So easy and straight forward!!<br>Comcast REALLY got the YouTube app correct and I can't stress just how fast the app responds. Let alone just how good the video quality is. I am truly impressed. Great job Comcast with this.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 121 of 254
How do I remove or turn off YouTube channel?
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 122 of 254
No way to turn it off or get rid of it other than don't activate it in the first place.

I have not tried it but I am guessing there is a way to put a PIN lock on it.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 123 of 254
Use Parental Controls to put a lock on it ( or any app)
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Parental Controls, scroll down to Application Locks and press OK, you'll be prompted to set a pin, scroll down and choose YouTube

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 124 of 254

Just checked out Youtube on X1 and there is no voice command option when attempting to search videos. I hope Comcast is seriously in the process of adding voice command to the Youtube search. I'm sure I am not the only customer who is demanding this voice command option, am I?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 125 of 254

We had the Youtube app here for a few days last week, but then it just disappeared. Anyone know when it will be back. We are in Manchester, NH. Thanks.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 126 of 254
Whenever Comcast puts out a new app on X1 it is normal to have app disappear and reappear . It will settle in couple weeks. Netflix app did same thing.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 127 of 254

Bwiggin wrote:

We had the Youtube app here for a few days last week, but then it just disappeared. Anyone know when it will be back. We are in Manchester, NH. Thanks.

I had it on both my boxes for a day then it disappeared from one, this was probably tues. or wed., Still have it on one but it hasn't come back on the other yet. Comcast is supposed to call when it is ready but I am not holding my breath

Posted by
New Poster

Message 128 of 254
Wondering if you sign in on YouTube on X1 does it go to all boxes?
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 129 of 254
Youtube app is freezing on me mid video. Sometimes audio continues in background but video freezes. Unable to exit out or do anything. Have to wait about 5 minutes until in finally exits out. Happened like 6 times already.

Never experienced freezing via youtube app via vizio. (Do experience loading issues when advancing to bext video in a playlist).

Posted by
Admin1

Message 130 of 254

Hi Neverendingmods -- Thank you for sharing your thoughts about YouTube! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying this feature.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 131 of 254

I have youtube on my Xi3s but not on my DVR? what gives?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 132 of 254

jaymojangles wrote:

I have youtube on my Xi3s but not on my DVR? what gives?

it is an upgrade that is done by the set top 'address'. You might try unplugging it from power (the set top box not the TV) for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Just in case your box is not getting nightly updates automatically, that will force a load of current firmware update if needed and renew the XRE server version to which your set top box is connected.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 133 of 254

Hi Burt3, if the YouTube app is not showing on your cable box please reboot it and that should fix your issue. The reboot will allow all of the services and the latest firmware to load back to the equipment. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 134 of 254

Bwiggin wrote:

Same here had it and played with it. Linked my current account on YT. Worked well. Next day it was gone from my X1. Ironically it's still on my satellite box. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 135 of 254

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi Burt3, if the YouTube app is not showing on your cable box please reboot it and that should fix your issue. The reboot will allow all of the services and the latest firmware to load back to the equipment. 

I rebooted my X1 box many time and the app doesn't re appear. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 136 of 254

Warzau wrote:

ComcastAmir wrote:

My GUESS is that you will have to reboot every day until it re-appears.  Or just check every day; there really isn't any reason to reboot since all boxes are cycled every night.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 137 of 254

Warzau wrote:

ComcastAmir wrote:

I talked to a girl at Comcast advanced repair and she told me that the problem is the boxes. Mine is the large box with the clock and round green thing on it. Had it for a day and disappeared. Still have it on my little box. Not sure which is HD box or DVR box, I just go by size. She told me they are working on it and it should pop back up by the end of the month. I have done the unplug thing several times and that doesn't work so forget that. Comcast has actually called me twice about this so I know they are trying. I am keeping the faithCat Mad

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 138 of 254

Hi, emanresu - This is actually a great recommendation! I will pass your feedback to our engineers, thank you so much for this idea. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 139 of 254

One day I had the app on my tv and two days later, it disappeared. How do I get it back?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 140 of 254

smchadwic wrote:

One day I had the app on my tv and two days later, it disappeared. How do I get it back?

Wait.  It will come back in a future overnight update.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 141 of 254

YouTube app has been available on my X1 box for several days here in Beaverton Oregon.

I did not have to sign in to YouTube.    Yes, I could also access this through Roku, but this is more convenient. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 142 of 254

Hello,

just noticed that we can access Youtube on the Xfinity TV/ app, however I still see freezes and distorted colours , is this still in beta version or will they fix all the bugs ??? I love this feature !!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 143 of 254

SKORPION2012 wrote:

Hello,

just noticed that we can access Youtube on the Xfinity TV/ app, however I still see freezes and distorted colours , is this still in beta version or will they fix all the bugs ??? I love this feature !!

It is out of beta.  I have only used it to watch all seasons of Breaking Bad and I didn't have any of the issues you describe.  Try a BB episode and let us know what happens.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 144 of 254

Is anyone here having an issue where Youtube just freezes at the Logo screen?

It's doing it now on 2 of my X1 DVR's.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 145 of 254

skintime wrote:

Warzau wrote:

ComcastAmir wrote:

I talked to a girl at Comcast advanced repair and she told me that the problem is the boxes. Mine is the large box with the clock and round green thing on it. Had it for a day and disappeared. Still have it on my little box. Not sure which is HD box or DVR box, I just go by size. She told me they are working on it and it should pop back up by the end of the month. I have done the unplug thing several times and that doesn't work so forget that. Comcast has actually called me twice about this so I know they are trying. I am keeping the faithCat Mad

It popped back up on my bigger box yesterday afternoon. Hopefully all is good now. Media Pa right outside Philly

Posted by
New Poster

Message 146 of 254

I have the same problem. Youtube freezes on the introduction screen on my main TV with the larger cable box.  On my little mini-box in the bedroom, Youtube works just fine.

Yes, I have unplugged the cable box and allowed it to "reboot" a few times.  No difference.

I'd rather not have to call Comcast service, so if anyone has other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thank you.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 147 of 254

looks like it's still full of bugs, lot's of freezing (at one point the box restarted automatically) , last time I couldn't switch back to cable as the pic was frozen and kept coming on screen even when changing channels, guess will wait until all patches are done..

I believe this is still a beta version released to early

Posted by
New Poster

Message 148 of 254

Thanks.  At least it's good to know that it's not me ... although why it works on the little box and not the big one is beyond me.

Thanks again.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 149 of 254

If you press the microphone button, say a search command, and follow it with youtube it searches the youtube content.  For instance, press the button and say, "Unbox Therapy Youtube" and it takes you to a list of videos from that channel. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 150 of 254

Yes, I am having the same issue.  Netflix, Pandora, and all the other Internet based apps work, but YouTube (which had been working fine for the past three days) just stopped tonight.  It loads the red YouTube logo screen and then just fails.  If I use the voice remote and search for a video by ending my command with on YouTube, I get search results.  However, when I select one of the videos I get "error 400 your client has issued a malformed or illegal request"  Not sure what is up.  I tried refreshing the X1 system via the My Account app, I tried a reboot via the My Account app, I pulled the box out and checked the coax and power cycled it manual, then finally called to see what was up.  The agent I spoke with was very nice, but told me that his support tool did not show that YouTube was a supported app on the X1 platform and that he was not able to help me at this time.