Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Comcast to Launch YouTube on Xfinity X1

Expert

Re: you tube app not loading


@gate1975mlm wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

The problem with the Youtube App on Comcast X1 when doing a voice search with the remote none of the videos shown in the "Top search results for youtube" screen play when you click them and you just see a loading spinning circle. It's been like this for the last 2 months or so. The only way right now videos will play is if you open Youtube first and then click on the video you want. I did not have this each when Comcast first got the youtube app and this problem only started maybe 2 or so months ago.

 

I hope Youtube will fix this issue soon!


would you do voice command "About", and reply with the STB Version ?

 

On the XG1V4 it says STB Version "Fri Mar.23 0:8:43:59 2018"


apparently now it has been determined to be a bug. work around is to launch youtube app before searching. 

Regular Contributor

Re: you tube app not loading


@Rustyben wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

The problem with the Youtube App on Comcast X1 when doing a voice search with the remote none of the videos shown in the "Top search results for youtube" screen play when you click them and you just see a loading spinning circle. It's been like this for the last 2 months or so. The only way right now videos will play is if you open Youtube first and then click on the video you want. I did not have this each when Comcast first got the youtube app and this problem only started maybe 2 or so months ago.

 

I hope Youtube will fix this issue soon!


would you do voice command "About", and reply with the STB Version ?

 

On the XG1V4 it says STB Version "Fri Mar.23 0:8:43:59 2018"


apparently now it has been determined to be a bug. work around is to launch youtube app before searching. 


As of this morning everything I search for with my voice now loads up and plays as it should when clicked on from the "top search results for Youtube" screen.

 

So this bug finally seems to be fixed for now anyway Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: you tube app not loading

I could swear a few months ago videos played in 4K on the Comcast Youtube app.

 

But the last few months all videos seem to be 1080P only.

 

I have a Sony X800D and using the XG1V4.

 

Was I dreaming or was the youtube app 4K compatible?

Expert

Re: you tube app not loading


@gate1975mlm wrote:

I could swear a few months ago videos played in 4K on the Comcast Youtube app.

 

But the last few months all videos seem to be 1080P only.

 

I have a Sony X800D and using the XG1V4.

 

Was I dreaming or was the youtube app 4K compatible?


OE says youtube is not yet 4k enabled on the x1 set top boxes.

Regular Contributor

Re: you tube app not loading

Ok I must have confused it with my PS4 Youtube App which now does 4K.

 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Contributor

YouTube app crashes on X1

I'm just leaving this here to report it.  I don't need to troubleshoot, as I'm certain I cant fix it.  This is on the current 86.1.0 release of the X1 platform and version efb28:9d of the YouTube app.

 

I tend to collect a lot of videos on my Watch Later playlist, then fire up the playlist on the box for viewing.  More often than not, at some random point after 45 minutes of watching video, the screen will blank, then the "we cannot reach this app at this time" error comes up, then my X1 becomes unresponsive for several seconds (occasionally longer), then I can use everything but the YouTube app.  If I don't reboot the box, I get the "box cannot reach the X1 platform" error and I have to power down and restart the box.

Given the nature of the behavior and the fact that it happens only if I watch videos for an extended period, I'm guessing it's a memory leak in the YouTube app causing the X1 platform to have problems.  So that's why I'm not up for a ton of troubleshooting - I can't fix a memory leak. Smiley Happy

 

If it gets really bad, I just switch to my Chromecast. 

 

Anyway, just wanted to pass this on.  If anyone from Comcast wants more info so they can check my X1 box, please message me directly or email me.  Thanks.

Expert

Re: YouTube app crashes on X1


@Robster2001 wrote:

I'm just leaving this here to report it.  I don't need to troubleshoot, as I'm certain I cant fix it.  This is on the current 86.1.0 release of the X1 platform and version efb28:9d of the YouTube app.

 

I tend to collect a lot of videos on my Watch Later playlist, then fire up the playlist on the box for viewing.  More often than not, at some random point after 45 minutes of watching video, the screen will blank, then the "we cannot reach this app at this time" error comes up, then my X1 becomes unresponsive for several seconds (occasionally longer), then I can use everything but the YouTube app.  If I don't reboot the box, I get the "box cannot reach the X1 platform" error and I have to power down and restart the box.

Given the nature of the behavior and the fact that it happens only if I watch videos for an extended period, I'm guessing it's a memory leak in the YouTube app causing the X1 platform to have problems.  So that's why I'm not up for a ton of troubleshooting - I can't fix a memory leak. Smiley Happy

 

If it gets really bad, I just switch to my Chromecast. 

 

Anyway, just wanted to pass this on.  If anyone from Comcast wants more info so they can check my X1 box, please message me directly or email me.  Thanks.


what is the set top box model number where this happens? is it a DVR? have you tried playing on another set top box (especially a DVR)?

Contributor

Re: YouTube app crashes on X1


@Rustyben

what is the set top box model number where this happens? is it a DVR? have you tried playing on another set top box (especially a DVR)?


I don't know -  I didn't see anything that looked like a model number on the box.  It is a DVR, and is the only STB in my apartment.

 

The "about" panel in the X1 platform says the Receiver is "native version - 3.0.0" if that helps.

 

Thanks!

Expert

Re: YouTube app crashes on X1

DVR Mstr Bdrm.jpg

It's the STB Version. 

Contributor

Re: YouTube app crashes on X1

It's the STB Version. 


Thanks - MX011AN_3.0p12s1_PROD_sey

Expert

Re: YouTube app crashes on X1


@Robster2001 wrote:

It's the STB Version. 


Thanks - MX011AN_3.0p12s1_PROD_sey


 

Model              Box Type
MX011AN       Arris XG1v1
PX001AN       Pace XG1v1
PX013AN       Pace XG1v3
AX013AN       Arris XG1v3 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box