Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cloud-based recordings out of sync with DVR

Frequent Visitor

Cloud-based recordings out of sync with DVR

I've got the X1 DVR service, and a few days ago, the online view showed my recordings full (even though the same programs on the DVR showed only 34% of the storage used).  It seems that the recordings were deleted from the cloud - so I can't view those programs on my Mac or tablet - they just don't show - but on the in-house DVR, the programs are there.

How do I get these systems re-synchronized so I can watch the stuff on my DVR using the Stream app or a browser on my Mac?  I tried using the sync option on the DVR itself, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

I want to make sure that the recordings that are on the DVR don't get deleted, since they are no longer available via on-demand.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cloud-based recordings out of sync with DVR

Anyone?

Frequent Visitor

Could I please get some assistance?

Expert

The cloud only stores a subset of what is on the DVR.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

"

• Only the most recent 60 hours of recordings are available for X1 Cloud DVR functionality. The availability of content on your mobile devices and computers may be slightly less than that on your TV. If you exceed the 60-hour limit, the oldest recordings will drop off for any new recordings. These recordings may still be available for viewing on your TV."
Frequent Visitor

Thanks - I didn't actually exceed the 60 hours (though I wasn't aware of that limitation - so that's good info to have) - I only got to about 34 or 40 hours of saved content.