Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Channel Programming on Additional TVs

Frequent Visitor

Channel Programming on Additional TVs

I recently signed up for the X1 Preferred Double Play package. I have 3 TVs in my home. The main TV now has an XG2 cable box (for non-DVR customers like myself) labeled in My Account as PA PX022ANM. A second TV is attached to what's labeled a PC ARPCXDTA box (in My Account) (for an HD TV).  This was just installed at the time that I switched to the X1 Preferred Double Play. The 3rd TV is an older non-HD TV with what's labeled a TH THOMUDTA box attached.

The main TV is receiving all of the Preferred channels and everything is fine. The problem I am having is with the other two TVs. They are both still only receiving the Digital Starter channels (which is the package I had previously). The only difference with the second TV mentioned above (the HD TV) is that I now also receive the HD channels (that are available with Digital Starter), but I don't get any of the other additional channels that are part of the Preferred package (like POP on channel 22, etc.).

My question are:

1. Do I need a different type of cable box in order to get the additional channels? If so, which ones (I'm assuming they might be different if one is to be attached to an HD box and one is not)? I realize on the older 3rd TV that I would not receive the HD channels, but I think I should get something like POP on channel 22.

2. Is there an extra charge for a change in the cable boxes?

Thank you.

Service Expert

Re: Channel Programming on Additional TVs

PLC wrote:

I recently signed up for the X1 Preferred Double Play package. I have 3 TVs in my home. The main TV now has an XG2 cable box (for non-DVR customers like myself) labeled in My Account as PA PX022ANM. A second TV is attached to what's labeled a PC ARPCXDTA box (in My Account) (for an HD TV).  This was just installed at the time that I switched to the X1 Preferred Double Play. The 3rd TV is an older non-HD TV with what's labeled a TH THOMUDTA box attached.

The main TV is receiving all of the Preferred channels and everything is fine. The problem I am having is with the other two TVs. They are both still only receiving the Digital Starter channels (which is the package I had previously). The only difference with the second TV mentioned above (the HD TV) is that I now also receive the HD channels (that are available with Digital Starter), but I don't get any of the other additional channels that are part of the Preferred package (like POP on channel 22, etc.).

My question are:

1. Do I need a different type of cable box in order to get the additional channels? If so, which ones (I'm assuming they might be different if one is to be attached to an HD box and one is not)? I realize on the older 3rd TV that I would not receive the HD channels, but I think I should get something like POP on channel 22.

2. Is there an extra charge for a change in the cable boxes?

Thank you.

yes take the DTA's in and swap them for XiD or Xg2 whichever they have available. All TVs will have access to your full package and in our area the XiD is $10 while the DTA is $8 (rounded). The XG2 that you have will support up to 3 XiD boxes. let us know how it worked out for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Channel Programming on Additional TVs

Hello @PLC. I can assist you with the upgrade pricing specific to your account. What Rustyben has stated about you needing to upgrade your boxes is correct. The DTA boxes do not get the full channel lineup. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation