Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cant't access voicemail from tvs

Contributor

Cant't access voicemail from tvs

I have 4 TV's...1 DVR and 3 satellite boxes which all can record DVR. My issue is I can't access voicemail from any tv. When I click on voicemail app it goes to black screen then after a minute the "connecting to live TV" message appears and goes back to cable TV.
I can use on demand and other apps fine. Only other issue I have is if I use a TV or the my Comcast account app to try and do a refresh only some TV's will do a refresh. Others don't get the signal. And normally now the main DVR box locks up during a refresh requiring an unplug to get working.
Could my main DVR box be bad? I don't want to go through hassle of exchanging the main DVR box and setting it up to sync with other boxes and that not be it.
I get no error codes on any tv and the my Comcast account app shows all TV's with green dots.
But, on XFI app none of my TV's show up as being connected. What is going on?????? I am really getting fed up with the problems associated with Xfi. It's always something.
Contributor

Re: Cant't access voicemail from tvs

I again reset my DVR main box by unplugging it for 5 minutes, after it booted I reset my XB6 gateway. Now I see the DVR box in XFi app but none of my satellite boxes say they are online yet ondemand and all other functions now work. What is the problem??
Is it the gateway or the DVR main cable box. This is ridiculous.
Contributor

And no matter where I access XFi, tv or app from phone, all tv cable boxes show as offline yet on demand and apps except voicemail work. It's like my cable boxes are not talking to DVR box OR the gateway isn't talking to my cable boxes.
Official Employee

Your dvr is the only box that should show up as online anywhere, the rest won’t. It’s because the DVR has a modem inside that registers signal levels, the secondary boxes feed off the DVR. If you’re having issue with the voice mail app, call 1800 Comcast and troubleshoot further from there.
The XFi app can’t control the cable boxes, they’re just there because they have internet access.
Official Employee

(or you can send me a private message and I can check on your MoCa network)

KenF