Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can’t get 30 second skip to work

Contributor

Can’t get 30 second skip to work

Help! My XR11 remote suddenly stopped allowing 30 second skip ahead/15 second skip back and cannot get it programmed again with exit exit exit 0030. All it does is bring this up on screen as shown. Any suggestions?

I’m honestly not sure why Comcast would ever program the remote for 5 minutes anyway - it’s too much.
Tags (3)
image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Can’t get 30 second skip to work

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
Yeah I’ve tried that numerous times because I’d read in one article it may take multiple attempts to sync, but I luck. Also not sure why it’d just stop working like that unless Comcast pushed new firmware or something. This used to be my commercial killer. 😡

Try this and then re-program your remote.

"If the buttons on your X1 Voice Remote (model XR11) are still unresponsive, you may need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset: Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green. Press 9-8-1."

"How do I program my Xfinity xr11 remote to my TV?

Pair Your Remote For Voice Control
  1. Press and hold SETUP until the LED turns GREEN. ...
  2. Press the Xfinity button.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code that appears.
  4. The remote is now paired and voice commands should work when you hold down the VOICE CONTROL key."

All Replies
New Poster

Sorry, no solution, but having the same problem.

Definitely something that we won't be willing to live with. 

Contributor

When did the issue start for your remote? Mine began during the day today and it’s driving me crazy. Five minutes is way too long to skip ahead or back. My parents have Dish Network who’s remote skips ahead/back 30 seconds by default.
Expert

Did you try this?

Change the page up/down buttons from 5 minute skip to 30 second skip:

Unlike the old legacy boxes and remotes, on the X1 platform this is a hidden feature of the X1 software on the cable box, not the remote itself. This code alters how the X1 software treats the page up/down function, so the remote itself doesn't change.

This sequence is a special X1 guide code to activate the hidden feature of 30 second skips.

EXIT EXIT EXIT 0 0 3 0

Note: you won't see any feedback that these steps are working (when you get to the step of entering the digits it may look like you're just entering a channel number on screen), just move through the steps quickly. And then test the page up/down buttons on a recording, or you can try it on live TV if you have a DVR, to see if it took effect.

Contributor

Yeah I’ve tried that numerous times because I’d read in one article it may take multiple attempts to sync, but I luck. Also not sure why it’d just stop working like that unless Comcast pushed new firmware or something. This used to be my commercial killer. 😡
Expert

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:

Try this and then re-program your remote.

"If the buttons on your X1 Voice Remote (model XR11) are still unresponsive, you may need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset: Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green. Press 9-8-1."

"How do I program my Xfinity xr11 remote to my TV?

Pair Your Remote For Voice Control
  1. Press and hold SETUP until the LED turns GREEN. ...
  2. Press the Xfinity button.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code that appears.
  4. The remote is now paired and voice commands should work when you hold down the VOICE CONTROL key."

Contributor

Hey thanks so much for your help! That did the trick - didn’t even have to reprogram the 30 second skip again, just went back to the way it was before. Thanks again!
New Poster

Mine also stopped working on 5/16/18. Unfortunately, using the voice control is not an option for me as we use a Harmony remote for everything. Still hoping that I can make it work again.

New Poster

Wow, I don't know what, if anything, changed, but I just tried programming it again and it works Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem, it just started this evening (5/17/18)

Frequent Visitor

I just chatted with Xfinity Tech Support. Turn off TV. Use XR11 Remote to enter...Exit, Exit, Exit, 0500...followed by...Exit, Exit, Exit, 0030. Turn TV back on. The Page Up and Page Down buttons should now skip forward 30 seconds and skip back 15 seconds and work for both Live TV and DVR Recordings. Good Luck!
Frequent Visitor

@djgarcia2 wrote:
I just chatted with Xfinity Tech Support. Turn off TV. Use XR11 Remote to enter...Exit, Exit, Exit, 0500...followed by...Exit, Exit, Exit, 0030. Turn TV back on. The Page Up and Page Down buttons should now skip forward 30 seconds and skip back 15 seconds and work for both Live TV and DVR Recordings. Good Luck!

That did it.  Now I want the 30 minutes back I spent getting my 30 second skip back.