Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cable not working, keep getting disconnected from customer service line

New Poster

Cable not working, keep getting disconnected from customer service line

The box keeps saying reset, we have done that. Then it comes back on, loads up and does it again, then screen goes black. The cable service has been slow and sluggish and half the stuff doesn't show up on the On Demand option, or you just see words no pictures. Changing channels takes forever...keep trying to call customer service, get so far into the call then it disconects...getting really frustrated!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Cable not working, keep getting disconnected from customer service line

Cable TV not working last 3 Hours. Getting disconnected when I call Customer service. I have done all the Resets of all the Boxes.

New Poster

Same thing happening to me, but only on the main cable box. the other two in my house are fine.

New Poster

same deal here.  TV out and I can't stay connected on the phone. Since they installed in August I have not had a full viewing period without something going wrong.  I feel bad for the person that ends up speaking with me because I am so fed up with their service

New Poster

You're not the only one. Seems we are having the exact same problem and symptoms.
New Poster

Our X1 platform box cable isn't working keeps rebooting. I tried calling cable company and same issue of being disconnected.
New Poster

Same here
New Poster

Same thing here.  Main box / DVR will not connect.  Two other regular HD boxes work but are slow.  Call the tech line and get busy signal.  

New Poster

Yep, same thing - busy signal at comcast.

New Poster

same here, might lose a customer

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem. Box locked on one channel. Call support and keep getting disconnected.

New Poster

Our picture is back but we have no sound - anyone else experiencing this?

New Poster

Same here...now on second reboot of DVR box, watching the "Welcome to the X1 Platform" splash screen.  

Was having problem accessing on-demand and.recorded materials for the previous hour, then nothing.  Almost sorry I traded the rabbit-ears for cable!

New Poster

This has been an issue since day one. I think it's time to get rid of this X1. Not worth the money or aggravation
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone received any type of response?

Regular Visitor

I have been trying to get in touch with Xfinity for the past hour and a half. I called both of their phone numbers and was disconnected. I have booted Platform box twice and still no TV! Hey Xfinity I want a credit! You have an outage!

New Poster

Fix this mess

New Poster

mine says We're having trouble connecting to the X1 platform, where is everybody from?

New Poster

Having the same issues as everyone else. Screen is black and I keep getting disconnected from Customer Service. Very frustrating!!!
Frequent Visitor

Same thing here in Philadelphia.

Here is what it says online "An outage has been reported. We’re working to fully restore service as soon as possible."

New Poster

Im in Boston

New Poster

I am in Chelmsford. Where is everyone else?
New Poster

Windsor, CT

New Poster

NH here. I Got through to support. They say it will be fixed by 7:42 pm
New Poster

I'm in Cambridge.  We have video on the television, but no audio.  Does anyone else have video but no audio?

New Poster

central illinois here

New Poster

I am in Ayer, MA and when I check the connection status it says everything is all good on our end...... HA

New Poster

Same with me in Waltham.  Can't believe that Comcast cant scale up their support to deal with this problem.

Bush league support for a big money service.

There should be some sort of VP of Customer Service that's looking for new Directors and Managers right now.

Shame on you comcast!

New Poster

Same here, Gurnee IL.  Have they been hacked you think?  Standard cable, internet and phone is working fine.  Just the X1 platform.  Same issues calling them, get disconnected.  Bad, bad, bad...

New Poster

This is terrible, they need to fix this asap. Lots of good tv tonight, not too happy over here. Frustrating to not be able to get through over the phone. We are in New Hampshire.

New Poster

Keeps happening to me too! I finally went to billing got a hold of a person who transferred me, but I've been on hold with no answer for over 45 minutes. What the heck Comcast??

New Poster

Same here. Must be something major going on at Comcast.

New Poster

Same here in Portland, CT.  This is the third time this week for me.  You pay so much for the service and its always having issues.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to reboot my boxes when the cable wasn't out because either the guide or remote wouldn't work.  Did a reboot and it was fine.  this wouldn't be such an issue if the reboot took a minute but it just drags on and on.  This looks like a nationwide thing and must have an issue at the video hub end. 

I don;t know how much more I can take this lack luster service coupled with an outrageous monthly cost.  I will actually be looking at trying someone else. 

New Poster

Same here in Central Illinos. Was slow all day. Tried to reboot and now just a black screen. Internet works but nothing on TV. Have been on hold for a very long time. 

New Poster

Same thing is happening to me. Only the main cable box. Anyone get a response?
New Poster

They told me the hold time was 30 minutes...and thats after four tries of actually trying to get into Queue.  Each prior time it either never completed the call or the recording told me to call back at another time.

New Poster

We keep having the same problem!  Customer service line is not working and it wont connect.  Internet is fine!  So glad we pay $200+ for cable every mont and can't even get customer service.  Ridiculous.  

GamerCouple wrote:

The box keeps saying reset, we have done that. Then it comes back on, loads up and does it again, then screen goes black. The cable service has been slow and sluggish and half the stuff doesn't show up on the On Demand option, or you just see words no pictures. Changing channels takes forever...keep trying to call customer service, get so far into the call then it disconects...getting really frustrated!!!

New Poster

I am in Panama City Florida and I think I am going to trash comcast for good!!!!!

New Poster

Agreed on the price!  Way to much for issues like this.  If anyone wants to see use

https://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/

lots of red on that map.

New Poster

let do a class action suit for these damm x1 boxes im in for that we should all get refunds for this crappy service

New Poster

x1 platform service has been spotty. Now is completely locked up after several reboots. Customer service is not existent....busy or just simply hangs up. Sad very sad, same old comcast same old BS...........absolutely terrible always has been and always will be

New Poster

Im in Northfield, I'm getting tired of the constant outtages and error messages!!!!I spend way to much money for services that don't work!! On a good note, I was 1179th in cue fr online support and after 15 minutes I am at655 in cue ;// Comcast Sucks!!!

New Poster

Im going through the same I am from Waterbury CT someone from xfinity please reply

New Poster

I am in Panama City Fl and I have audio and no video but that only lasts ablout 10 minutes and I all black again then says to reboot...I have been down this road 3 times this week...I think I am DONE!!!!!!

New Poster

Hello? Comcast? Hello? (echo) 

A bunch of us here are having the same X1 issue and also cannot connect via phone to customer support. Can you even hear us? We're pretty upset.

So, anyway, we would like free cable for like, oh, I don't know... a year maybe?

Cuz basically there's this other company called Verizon and they have this FiOS thingy that they keep pushing on us. Perhaps you've heard of it. And since my Xfinity service isn't working, that $400 FiOS sign-on gift card bonus is sounding really nice right about know --with Christmas coming and all... that would buy some nice prezzies for the kids. Know what I mean? So yeah, free cable for a month or so to ease the frustration with your lack of cable service and non-existent technical support.

All in favor say aye Smiley Wink

New Poster

Amended Post from NH @6:24pm

TV, guide, and DVR working now. 

But still can't record.

New Poster

Did you reboot yours or did it come back on its own?

New Poster

Aye! I did get through and was told it would be back up at 7:42 pm eastern. Not holding my breath.
New Poster

To save everyone 30 minutes of waiting on hold with support.

There is an X1 outage in the Boston Area. ETA to resolution 730pm.

New Poster

7:42...thats pretty specific...I am with you I will beleive it when I see it.